Any 360 GB peeps down. . .

• 124 results
#1 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -

. . .for some teaming up? I'll be happy to make a team when I get near my echsbachs or I'd be happy to join one if someone else has got one going. Either way, just looking for some peoples to shoot stuff with!

#2 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -

Oh silly me. GT: poozombie

#3 Posted by ShadowVirus (849 posts) -

Yeah, I'll be in once I get the game, doesn't come out till Friday in the UK.

#4 Posted by rivaldi22 (127 posts) -

I'll be down for a 360 team, for sure.

#5 Posted by MrXD (267 posts) -

Same here.

#6 Posted by Nicolove88 (31 posts) -

whats the name of the team?

#7 Posted by toolus (122 posts) -

I'm down whats the team name?

#8 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -

Oh goodness! I didn't see I got responses! I picked the name "Gas Giants" (it partially relates to the site and at the very least it makes me giggle) . Anyway, join away. I'll set the team's password to "wizard". Can't wait to see y'all on!

#9 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -

Didn't realize password is 4 character limit. Took a cue from the ps3 team and set it to "glhb". Join away!

#10 Posted by MrXD (267 posts) -

Just joined your team.

#11 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -
@ShadowVirus Join away! I'll be playing most of the weekend for sure.
Avatar image for bobby_the_great
#12 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1136 posts) -

Add me: Bobby The Great 

I'm looking for people to tear it up in this game. 

#13 Posted by JonnyBlunts (32 posts) -

I just joined, the Gas Giants are now 6 members strong. HOORAH! My gamertag is Pyro2Z, I'm gonna be doing a lot of Armored Core V -ing in the future so send me a friend request and invites when my services are need. (Oh and thanks for the 15 achievement points for being at least level 10, I got it the second I joined.)

#14 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -
@Bobby_The_Great I'll add ya. You can also do a "Team Search" for Gas Giants. It should pop up and just enter "glhb" for the password. Look forward to seein ya online!
#15 Posted by heyavin (20 posts) -

I ordered my copy from amazon. I should be getting it next week. My gamertag is avn111. I will see you all then!

#16 Posted by destruktive (1116 posts) -

I'm contemplating getting this. How do all off you feel about it?

#17 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -
@destruktive I'm really enjoying it, but I really like tweaking, testing, and attempting to wreck people on the line. In that order. Im still a newb, so I'm prolly the wrong person to answer tho.
#18 Posted by MnemonicDevice (10 posts) -

Just joined! No clue what I'm doing! BIG ROBOT GO NOW!

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
#19 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1548 posts) -
#20 Posted by breaktube (5 posts) -

hello all, "Joe D Haze" from xbox live here !! if this team gets full...feel free to join mine "Champion" i live in the central standard time...so if you would like to add me...i will accept you ^_^ !! also, look us up the next time you are online.

#21 Posted by jozzy (2053 posts) -

Just picked up the game, will probably join you guys this evening. Will probably just pratice solo for a while though :)

#22 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -

Well I popped on today and lo and behold GB's own Gas Giants are on the map! Way to go team! We're just shy of hittin the team level 50 achievement!

#23 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -
@jozzy Look forward to seein ya online! The more the merrier!
#24 Posted by jozzy (2053 posts) -

@P00zombie said:

@jozzy Look forward to seein ya online! The more the merrier!

Thanks!

Did the tutorial and joined the team (Jozzy Canada). Cool to see we have a piece of land to call our own :)

I can see myself really getting into this game, but I have a lot of learning to do first.

#25 Posted by Harpell (204 posts) -

Joining right now! Prepare to have a total noob on the team...

#26 Edited by airpi (18 posts) -

Yoo~ Just signed up for the team, kinda still figuring out how everything works though :V. I haven't played an AC since Silent Line so I'm kinda behind on things but, looking forward to playing with errybody

(also hello giantbomb)

*edit* Also, would it be possible to send the group emblem out as a decal? It'd be great to put it on our ACs

#27 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -
@airpi Haha. It'd be great to send the emblem out, mainly because I'm stumped on how to piece out the mouth and maybe someone else has the know-how to do it. Anyway, I'll see if I can!
#28 Posted by jozzy (2053 posts) -

What timezone are you guys in, haven't seen anyone online in the team yet. :(

Would like to play some coop with teammates, I mostly am able to play evenings 8-11 PST.

By the way, congrats on level 50+ (53 when I logged out)!

This game is totally grabbing me by the balls, still supernewb but having a lot of fun trying to wrap my head around different configurations. So far I seem to have the most success with a medium bipedal with a shotgun, battle rifle and laser sword, pretty much the upgraded mech you get in the tutorial. Really like the look of a tetrapod too, but I am not that great with the heavy weapons/long range combat yet. Also the gatling gun is apparently extremely powerful (getting a nerf alongside the shotgun next update), going to try that next time I log in.

#29 Posted by Harpell (204 posts) -
@jozzy Yeah, I haven't really seen anyone on either. I mostly play 10 PM to whenever I get tired, Central Time. Hopefully some more bombers will hop on board soon...

I'm really enjoying it too. Like you, I'm still figuring everything out. Going with a light reverse joint wielding a Gatling gun and a rifle right now, it's working out pretty well so far. I've won probably 3 out of every four merc jobs I've done, and been doing a majority of the damage done in most matchups. I really want to do some PvP, but I guess I should save up some money for better parts. Those cats are rolling with some badass equipment. Got my ass handed to me my first try.
#30 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -

Yeah, it's weird. I never see anyone on either, but our team level keeps rising, so I know people have been on. I'm usually on 7-10 PST.

#31 Posted by jozzy (2053 posts) -
@P00zombie
Yeah, it's weird. I never see anyone on either, but our team level keeps rising, so I know people have been on. I'm usually on 7-10 PST.
Really? Havent seen you yesterday and tonight, those are my approximate hours as well.
#32 Posted by Nicolove88 (31 posts) -

Joined yesterda, was fun hanging with Jozzy. Hoping to roll with the rest of the bombers soon.

Nicolove

#33 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -
@jozzy Haha. Yeah, those are my hours except for the last two or three days. You'll be seein me this week, what with some time-off from work and all.

On a different note, has anyone has a chance to be a controller yet? I haven't and was curious.
#34 Posted by jozzy (2053 posts) -

I hope we can get a couple of pilots together so we can try our hand at gaining some new territories, or just co-op through some of the story missions. Been having fun doing some territory stuff as a mercenary but would be even better to gain some points for the Gas Giants.

Put together a slightly heavier mech with laser rifles, heat howitzers and pulse guns. Seems to work pretty good on those weird ac's in the contaminated area's, like is story mission 3. Any of you guns went through all the story missions yet?

#35 Posted by airpi (18 posts) -

I'm only like 2 missions into the story, I've mostly been powering through the Order missions :V

Question though, has anyone successfully done an Territory mission thing? I've hired myself out as a mercenary a couple times and gotten into them, and the countdown timer never actually starts once everyone is readied. Anyone know if that's a connection issue or something?

#36 Posted by jozzy (2053 posts) -

@airpi said:

I'm only like 2 missions into the story, I've mostly been powering through the Order missions :V

Question though, has anyone successfully done an Territory mission thing? I've hired myself out as a mercenary a couple times and gotten into them, and the countdown timer never actually starts once everyone is readied. Anyone know if that's a connection issue or something?

I think you are referring to territory conquest or defense missions? I don't understand all the specifics, but the general gist of it is that you need another team queueing for them to go through. What mostly happens is that you join a team that wants to take over a territory, but there are no teams that want to queue up for defence. There is probably not enough incentive at this time to defend your territory, because you risk losing it. If you don't defend other teams have to do those territory missions to lower the AP of the region all the way to 0 before it is possible to take it over.

Like I said, this is what I understand of it based on other forums, it might not be 100% accurate.

#37 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -

@jozzy- I believe that's how it works as well.

I've soloed or merc-ed out a few of the territory missions (sometimes unsuccessfully) to gain team points the fastest and to whittle down opposing team territory defenses. It's a win/win when it works.

#38 Posted by jozzy (2053 posts) -

@P00zombie said:

@jozzy- I believe that's how it works as well. I've soloed or merc-ed out a few of the territory missions (sometimes unsuccessfully) to gain team points the fastest and to whittle down opposing team territory defenses. It's a win/win when it works.

Can't wait to do some of those as a team! Most of the ones I have done as a merc were incredibly easy, but in one we got decimated. Maybe that was one of those real offense/defense conquest missions.

#39 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -

@jozzy- Oh cool! That was probably the real deal, because as far as my experience goes, the only way I've failed territory missions was by running out of time. Just not being able to find that last turret or not able to being able to cause enough damage within the limit. . .or possibly, you were on higher rated missions than the ones I've attempted. I dunno. This game is a blast because-not unlike Dark Souls-it seems to be a constant learning experience.

#40 Edited by jozzy (2053 posts) -

@P00zombie said:

@jozzy- Oh cool! That was probably the real deal, because as far as my experience goes, the only way I've failed territory missions was by running out of time. Just not being able to find that last turret or not able to being able to cause enough damage within the limit. . .or possibly, you were on higher rated missions than the ones I've attempted. I dunno. This game is a blast because-not unlike Dark Souls-it seems to be a constant learning experience.

Yeah, there were just two of us and some very powerful turrets and a team of AC's. I don't think the AC's were human though, but they did hurt like hell. Glad it wasn't our teams points :)

I purely picked this game up because I loved Dark Souls so much and I wanted to support From Software. As with Dark Souls, this game has now pretty much taken over all my attention until I have the feeling I understand most (all?) of the little systems and interdependencies in it. Also, trying to make a half decent emblem is worthy of the price of admission by itself.

#41 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -

Ha. No kidding! Did my best making the team emblem, but stone cold stumped at this point.

#42 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -

Good times @avn111, @nikolove88, and @jozzy! Those were a fun first couple matches as a team. We started out strong, but seemed to get stomped once the other team. . .well, I'm not too sure what the other team did besides switch to heavier ACs.

I'm gonna have to read up on the functions of the controller, it seems like it could potentially be a real effective role during skirmishes, but I couldn't quite wrap my head around it in a timely fashion.

Anyway, it's cool to see our ranks grow and hope to see more bombers on-the-line.

#43 Posted by Deltex (65 posts) -

Hi guys, I tried searching for Gas Giants in game but unfortunately it came up blank :( does someone need to be online for the team to show in search?

Or is it because I’m using the EU version of the game because I’m from the UK, does anyone know if US can play with EU versions of the game?

#44 Edited by Nicolove88 (31 posts) -

@P00zombie: Yea it was pretty fun last night! After we won 2 matches, I'm pretty sure they realized we all used shotguns, and so switched to kinetic resistant armor parts, we just gotta switch weapons every rounds, keep em guessing lol

@Deltex: Maybe if you switched your base to Canada or United states from the setting, then it would work. Edit: you can join even if there is no one online, just gotta get the name right and the password

#45 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -
@Deltex Hmmm. . .from what I understand from the PS3 team thread on here and the gamefaqs boards, is that there are separate region servers. Which is possibly remedied by buying an NA version of the game? Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not entirely positive.

I do, however, know that you can join the team regardless of whether someone is online or not.
#46 Posted by jozzy (2053 posts) -

@Deltex: Yeah, there are 3 regions, Japan, US and EU (and the rest like AU). There is no way you can join our team I am afraid... I hope they will merge the EU and US servers at some point, you don't want to fragment a community for a niche title any more than you have to. Merging with Japan is probably a horrible idea, those guys take their AC games very seriously. :)

The couple of games we did last night were definately fun, their switch to heavier AC's was the key to them stomping us in the ground for sure. You need to be a very skilled player to counter those. I switched to a heavier AC too but I still have trouble using the less conventional weapons effectively, like the laser rifle and the pulse guns.

#47 Edited by Deltex (65 posts) -

@P00zombie: The problem with buying a NA version of the game is that you need to also get hold of an NA xbox 360, as well as a NA Gold live account I believe (not 100% sure but I think that's right) :(

@jozzy: I hate living in the UK sometimes for this reason, it must have something to do with the EU server being closer to UK that we get lumped in with them, but still... most multiplayer games play fine over the internet no matter where you live so why not Armored Core V?

#48 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -
@Deltex Ok. Yeah, that's a bummer. Like Jozzy said, I hope at the very least they merge the EU and NA servers. It doesn't make sense not to, considering the size of the community.
#49 Posted by jozzy (2053 posts) -

@Deltex: That's a shame, would have been fun to have you on the team!

Maybe you can set a EU Giant Bomb team up. I doubt you are the only one that bought the game, although it seems even more niche for the giantbomb community since the staff doesn't care about games like these.

#50 Posted by P00zombie (136 posts) -

Dunno when this will take place or if it's real, but I found this over on gamefaqs and it looks legit. Here's a link to copypasted patch notes.

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/984946-armored-core-v/62371077

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.