Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Army of Two: The 40th Day

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 12, 2010

For Tyson Rios and Elliot Salem, war is strictly business. After their arrangement with former P.M.C. SCC came to a sudden and bloody end, Rios and Salem work for the only people they still trust - each other. However neither their experience as Army Rangers serving in Mogadishu nor their work with SCC has prepared them for the kind of war they'll face in Shanghai.

Army of Two 40th Day Ending(Spoilers Fo Sho)

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hatking

So the ending, I don't need to go over exactly what happens I'm sure if you're reading this you already know.  I just want to know what everbody's thoughts on it are. 

I'll just say this is why I don't like moral decisions at the end of a game, this and Force Unleashed are both going to suffer from it in the future.  We can all assume there will be another Army of Two game... I'm sure the devs knew that is a strong possibility, why then would they choose to end it in this way?
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By napalm
    @HatKing said:
    " So the ending, I don't need to go over exactly what happens I'm sure if you're reading this you already know.  I just want to know what everbody's thoughts on it are.  I'll just say this is why I don't like moral decisions at the end of a game, this and Force Unleashed are both going to suffer from it in the future.  We can all assume there will be another Army of Two game... I'm sure the devs knew that is a strong possibility, why then would they choose to end it in this way? "
    Since there isn't anything spoiler worthy, I'll go ahead and spoil it. I chose the ending to kill my partner and save Shanghai. Yes, I feel like they did shoot themselves in the foot.
    Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Jambones

My problem is that if you choose to: 

Did I miss something?
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm
    @Jambones: I am not too sure, but I'm replaying the game, and making different choices.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Jambones said:

" My problem is that if you choose to: 

SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content. kill the guy holding the trigger, the end sequence doesn't really make a big deal out of it: A few shots of an already ruined Shanghai and that's about it. No, 'Oh shit. What did I just do!?" moments.Did I miss something? "

The greatest part is that Jonah doesn't even hold his finger on the trigger. He's just holding the detonator without his thumb on the button.

Not to mention the fact that the endings make no sense. For fuck's sake, they are trained mercenaries. So why they:

a) didn't try to shoot the fucker just below his nebula to assure there won't be any twitch,

b) fake one of the guys' death. They're doing it all the damn time in the game, God. That cock doesn't even check the body.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hatking

AGHHH! I HATE THE ENDING.   

Sorry to bring this back up but I just thought about it some more and re-realized how god fucking awful it was.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.