Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Army of Two: The 40th Day

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 12, 2010

For Tyson Rios and Elliot Salem, war is strictly business. After their arrangement with former P.M.C. SCC came to a sudden and bloody end, Rios and Salem work for the only people they still trust - each other. However neither their experience as Army Rangers serving in Mogadishu nor their work with SCC has prepared them for the kind of war they'll face in Shanghai.

Developer Diary by Nathan Brierley: AI

EASpenser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EASpenser

Hi all, the newest developer diary is available at the Army of Two website, this one, by AI & Gameplay lead Nathan Brierley, discusses enhancements made to the AI in Army of Two: The 40 Day. The focus in this first part is on Partner AI—enhancing it and improving on common annoyances (like healing/dragging).

Check it out and let me know what you think!  http://www.armyoftwo.com/us/blog/dev-diary-ai-2009-10-01

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks
    EASpenser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EASpenser
    @Linkyshinks said:   
     Shame, I had thought you meant Nathan Barley, that would have been "well Jackson".

haha :)
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I must say, I'm definately interested to see how this turns out. I enjoyed the concept of the first game, but it didn't play as well as I'd hoped.

Judging by what I've seen in the Quick Look EX, and developer diaries such as this one, it really seems like you've taken the complaints to heart and acted on them. And I hope it works out well, because there's nothing better than a co-op game that works!

Keep us up to date like you have been Spenser!

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I heard quite a few complaints about AI in Army of Two, but I never had much trouble with it.  The lack of audio feedback was probably the biggest issue for me.  Other than that it seemed very competent.  Sure it wouldn't try instigate any actions like grabbing a shield or throwing grenades over cover, but perhaps we'll see some of that in TFD.

EASpenser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EASpenser
    @Origina1Penguin said:

Sure it wouldn't try instigate any actions like grabbing a shield or throwing grenades over cover, but perhaps we'll see some of that in TFD. " 

That's exactly what it does :p I was playing through a chapter yesterday, and on two occasions the partner AI grabbed a shield off the ground (one that an enemy had dropped). You can tell the partner to drop the shield at any time, or if you move close to them you can "lock" on to  them.
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Origina1Penguin

That sounds good.  I look forward to seeing how the opponents mix things up as well.

EASpenser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EASpenser

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.