Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Army of Two: The 40th Day

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 12, 2010

For Tyson Rios and Elliot Salem, war is strictly business. After their arrangement with former P.M.C. SCC came to a sudden and bloody end, Rios and Salem work for the only people they still trust - each other. However neither their experience as Army Rangers serving in Mogadishu nor their work with SCC has prepared them for the kind of war they'll face in Shanghai.

Let's Review/Rant! Army of two: the 40th day

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DXmagma

ever completely fuck up a post by putting it in the wrong spot? that's what happened here. eve happened to you?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

That's nice, now let's not talk about Army of Two. Since it is so bad as you say. Who cares? By the way, I didn't read your post. Ha...
    Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ignor

Furthermore:

No Caption Provided
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

Ummm, ok. the game is not perfect and most people that are playing the game are not playing it for it's narrative. The game streams a bazillion enemies at you for a reason, it's stupid, stupid , stupid from beginning to end. If you listen to the radios you find out a bit more about the  big bad guy from the end and while this is a terrrible design choice it was obviously added in because the developers knew the core audience is 12 year olds that want to shoot things in the face. 
    Army of Two 2 is a pretty fun game, brief  but fun. The cover system is smooth and the shooting/aiming feels much, much better than in the first game. Also I hugely disagree about the AI of your partner theyre generally pretty smart as long as you give them a little nugde. They only really do stupid things when theyre going up against the heavies.. and thats not very often at all. If anything  the A.I partner is a little too good at taking fire and making you invisible. 
    Also the Tyler Bates score is pretty good... And Nolan North.... NOLAN NORTH!
    Avatar image for deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc
    deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like the first game. 40th days is kinda cool too, but the armory need some expansion...I mean 3 pistols? seriously?

also I think there MUST be something wrong with the guy who wrote the story.

It constantly punch you in the face for being a good guy: you spare JB and thought you did a good thing, then a cutscene tells you he's gonna die anyway; you give up extra guns so that the security guard can sell them to the mercs, who'll eventually use the guns against you; you stop that Russian from do something to a woman, then the cutscene tells you that she's actually an assassin and for all the trouble you only get an achievement and an automatic pistol...; not to mention YOU KILL YOUR BEST BUDDIES IN THAT SO CALLED "GOOD" ENDING! WTF EA?

applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By applet0n

@sate2801: How was that a bad thing? It was a nice deviation from the usual moral choices we see in games, even if it was an odd game to put them in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.