Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the Army of Two franchise, abandoning its original protagonists in favor of two new heroes, known only by the codenames Alpha and Bravo.

Army of Two: The Devils Cartel - Hands On

geekcomplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

Edited By geekcomplex

TBD

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By FourWude

Is this a marketing post from EA?

Because if so, then tell your masters that I'm coming for them. And I'm gonna rip them off their balls. Their days are numbered.

geekcomplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By geekcomplex

Seriously? I reviewed both the first games as 3/5, easily being noted as generic and limited- and i post a blog about my time with the demo, and this is the attitude i get? Why thank you, kid sir.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@fourwude said:

Is this a marketing post from EA?

Because if so, then tell your masters that I'm coming for them. And I'm gonna rip them off their balls. Their days are numbered.

God forbid someone like a game the Giant Bomb crew have deemed unworthy ahead of time. Must be a marketing scheme!

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cold_Wolven

This game has the unfortunate timing of being released right when Bioshock Infinite is coming out. I can respect that this game chose to put emphasis on the campaign rather than standard multiplayer and 40 missions sounds like a lot in terms of game length. I might pick it up when I find the chance.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By connerthekewlkid

I think Ill be more upset if this game turns out good since the studio just got closed.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Do you think the game will still be enjoyable solo?

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a good enough internet connection to download the demo but this sounds good. I've always liked the Army of Two series. The 40th day was kind of a letdown for me personally, it was too short, moral choices didn't leave much of an impact and the shooting felt somewhat weak. Honestly not really looking forward to the Devil's Cartel after the 2nd game but I'm definitely looking to hear what others will say about this one. Hopefully the final product turns out decent and I might try out this one.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

This... feels like someone's trying too hard to play Serious Video Games Journalism. Also, posted in wrong forum. But hey, I had no idea there was actually a demo available, so thanks for that at least.

This game has the unfortunate timing of being released right when Bioshock Infinite is coming out. I can respect that this game chose to put emphasis on the campaign rather than standard multiplayer and 40 missions sounds like a lot in terms of game length. I might pick it up when I find the chance.

Not to mention Gears of War: Judgment. The Kingpin of cooperative TPS'.

geekcomplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By geekcomplex

@supermonkey122: The AI is very competent, but the game is much better enjoyed with a pal because of how much focus is put on strategy in attacking. You can command the AI to an extent to alleviate this, but it still comes off as much less enjoyable.

geekcomplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Is there a forum for these sorts of things? I'm new, forgive the derping around. Also, thanks for the honest criticism!

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still need to download the demo. I loved the first AoT and I'm hoping that this will be the kick in the arse that series needs.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@geekcomplex: Yeah, each... well, everything has its own dedicated forum on here, which is where you're meant to post any threads about specific games for example. But you can still move it yourself in Full Edit mode, which you can select at the top right corner of your first post. From there you just search for the Army of Two: Devil's Cartel page and select it, click Edit Topic at the bottom, and it should then move your thread to Army of Two: Devil's Cartel forum.

GunnerJensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GunnerJensen

I think Ill be more upset if this game turns out good since the studio just got closed.

Don't feel too bad. I'm pretty sure that studio was contracted to make this game, and this game only.

The demo itself was actually quite enjoyable. The gun-play is familiar but solid, the cover swap mechanic is neat, the audio design sounded top-notch, and the customization options are still insane.

The overall movement of the characters feel a bit sluggish, but that could be because I just finished Tomb Raider. Some of the controls are a bit odd as well, having to hold A to vault is a bit annoying, as is tying sprint to the analog stick, but it's nothing game-breaking.

It's too bad EA didn't incorporate a Multi-player component, or I would have probably bought this, as opposed to getting it off Gamefly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@geekcomplex: I appreciate that you took the time to write this, but damn dude, there are a plethora of hands-on articles out there, so try to liven yours up a bit! Inject some personality, and mix up the formula a bit.

As far as the game goes.....eh, whatever.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I've always wanted to get into these games but I never had the right co-op partner. It sucks however that this game comes out between GoW Judgment and Bioshock, two games I'm super excited for (and probably a lot of other people are too). We'll be lucky if we get a tame quick look on GB with a bored Jeff on it....

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I admit I haven't played the first two games, and this doesn't look bad but it seems like it was sent out to die. Releasing in the midst of Tomb Raider, Gears of War Judgement, God of War Ascension, & Bioshock Infinite is a rough way to go. Granted I can't think of a window where it would dominate the charts, but still. And can anyone think of an IP that EA has handled really well lately? Dead Space, Medal of Honor, Sim City, Mass Effect or really anything by Bioware, this.....just a comedy of errors.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.