Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the Army of Two franchise, abandoning its original protagonists in favor of two new heroes, known only by the codenames Alpha and Bravo.

Demo is out!

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

So the demo is out, I haven't tried yet, have anyone here tried it? if so, impressions?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones

I'm downloading it now. Very curious on how it turns out.

My guess is it will be poor.

clnutella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just got finished playing the demo co-op with my brother. We were not happy. They removed the fist bumps. They cut down on weapon customization (less than both the sequel and original). As people that appreciated the asinine universe of the first Army of Two, we are very dissapointed. I can only hope that these were things not included only in the demo, but I don't have much hope for that.

Not all is bad though: better enemy ai, much better graphics, tightened gun play, neat co-op scoring system, bigger set-pieces. If you want a new co-op shooter that isn't Gears of War, you should definitely check out the demo or a rental of this game.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By themangalist

Just got finished playing the demo co-op with my brother. We were not happy. They removed the fist bumps. They cut down on weapon customization (less than both the sequel and original). As people that appreciated the asinine universe of the first Army of Two, we are very dissapointed. I can only hope that these were things not included only in the demo, but I don't have much hope for that.

Not all is bad though: better enemy ai, much better graphics, tightened gun play, neat co-op scoring system, bigger set-pieces. If you want a new co-op shooter that isn't Gears of War, you should definitely check out the demo or a rental of this game.

if they removed fistbumps, I see no reason why it isn't just some co-op third person shooter. Wait...

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Quarters

Yeah, some of the personality is gone, but it seems like it probably is a better game. Weird trade off. It made me more curious to see the final product. I at least think it looks more interesting than GoW: Judgement. Something about that feels off.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@clnutella said:

if they removed fistbumps, I see no reason why it isn't just some co-op third person shooter. Wait...

EA: "TRUST US IT'S A GREAT GAME!" *Shutters the development studio* "What? Oh it's gonna be great. Preorder today!"

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Saw some youtube ad for this with some guy rapping alongside the action... oh man.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

Definitely seems like a competent 3rd person shooter. It just didnt draw me in though.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

If you took it as farce, the first game was immensely enjoyable as long as you had someone to play it with. I actually liked the feel of the shooting more than other console shooters, which is to say I actually liked it at all.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MariachiMacabre

If you took it as farce, the first game was immensely enjoyable as long as you had someone to play it with. I actually liked the feel of the shooting more than other console shooters, which is to say I actually liked it at all.

Yeah, I played it with my brother and had a good time with it.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

I thought it was okay. I liked the destruction allowed by Frostbite 2. But the gunplay didn't really feel all that great. Dunno, pretty average I guess.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Absolutely. I played it couch co-op with a friend and we got way behind the character motivation basically being to make a shitload of cash. The game was a bit rough, but I had so much fun with it. When Army Of Two: The 40th Day came out, we did the same again and had even more fun. It was pretty polished and the controls were way better, it was really violent in a hilarious way and a lot of the story beats with the decisions you make were actually really entertaining. Anytime you could sneak up on enemies and zip-tie their wrists, we'd do it and then use the in-game paper-scissors-rock mechanic to decide which of us got to curbstomp their head. It was totally psychotic and the hardest I've laughed while playing a game in a long time. Just from a pure fun perspective, I hold those games in a very high regard, especially 40th day. And it was so enjoyable seeing the progression of the weapon upgrades in both games. So much good stuff.

So it was a little bittersweet to see a new game that looked like it diverged from that. No Salem and Rios broke my heart a little bit :(

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It seemed like a competent game. I might get it just to play as Big Boi but apart from that, there isn't anything particularly unique.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played the demo its not something that's worth 60 bucks to me. The demo was alright, but it didn't feel like nothing special.

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By xshinobi

I'm surprised. It isn't terrible. I will buy it on a black friday deal or something.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No fistbumps? No sale!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this or infinite? i'm having so much trouble making up my mind.

little help guys?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By TheHT

this or infinite? i'm having so much trouble making up my mind.

little help guys?

bros before... i'll see myself out.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By psylah

Dude, Army of Two: TFD was pretty good.

I'm disappointed that they removed the fistbumps

En memoriam, here's a dedication to the bromance we've lost

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.