Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger was born on 30 July 1947 in Thal, Austria. He had a childhood that was difficult at times, but was able to move to the United States and pursue his love of bodybuilding. Schwarzenegger then moved into acting, becoming an action star through films such as The Terminator and Predator.
Arnold Schwarzenegger took an interest in politics in 2003, and became the governor of California. In May 2004 and 2007, his name was chosen as one of the Time 100 people who help shape the world, because of the influence he has as a prominent politician.
In video games, Schwarzenegger's likeness has appeared multiple times in games that are related to his films.
- And now, of course this is another thing I didn't count on, that now as the governor of the state of , I am selling worldwide. You see that? Selling.
- As long as I live, I will never forget that day 21 years ago when I raised my hand and took the oath of citizenship. Do you know how proud I was? I was so proud that I walked around with an American flag around my shoulders all day long.
- As you know, I'm an immigrant. I came over here as an immigrant, and what gave me the opportunities, what made me to be here today, is the open arms of Americans. I have been received. I have been adopted by .
- Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach.
- Everything I have, my career, my success, my family, I owe to .
- Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed.
- For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
- Freedom is a right ultimately defended by the sacrifice of 's servicemen and women.
- Government's first duty and highest obligation is public safety.
- Help others and give something back. I guarantee you will discover that while public service improves the lives and the world around you, its greatest reward is the enrichment and new meaning it will bring your own life.
- I am a big believer in education, because when I grew up in - when I grew up in I had a great education. I had great teachers.
- I believe with all my heart that remains 'the great idea' that inspires the world. It is a privilege to be born here. It is an honor to become a citizen here. It is a gift to raise your family here, to vote here, and to live here.
- I can promise you that when I go to , I will pump up .
- I didn't leave bodybuilding until I felt that I had gone as far as I could go. It will be the same with my film career. When I feel the time is right, I will then consider public service. I feel that the highest honor comes from serving people and your country.
- I feel good because I believe I have made progress in rebuilding the people's trust in their government.
- I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun.
- I have inhaled, exhaled everything.
- I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down .
- I knew I was a winner back in the late sixties. I knew I was destined for great things. People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest. I agree. Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way - I hope it never will.