There was a time around here when the idea of missing a Tuesday Bombcast was unheard of, but it's become clear lately that, like a lot of other things that used to seem important, that time is over.
The events of the last week--starting with the extrajudicial killing of George Floyd, and extending through seemingly endless displays of police brutality against peaceful protesters and the callous, dangerous response from our national leadership--have shocked, saddened and outraged us along with all of you. Out of respect for and solidarity with the black community, everyone fighting against systemic racism, bigotry and oppression, and frankly anyone who still values basic human decency in this country, we're postponing today's Bombcast and all other content to allow time for badly needed compassion and reflection, and to make room for vastly more important discussion and information.
We'll be back soon, but for now, we wanted to pass along some resources that will help you chip in and make a difference, no matter who or where you are.
- Donate to Black Lives Matter
- Split a donation to groups fighting racism and police brutality or multiple community bail funds
- Resources and timeline of current events
- How to Support Protesters in Every City
- GameSpot's ongoing charity work and campaign for humanitarian aid group Direct Relief
- Register to vote in your area