When I asked Nintendo if DS Lite production had stopped, the company responded, though without really confirming anything one way or the other. And while discussing his company's last fiscal year, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata outlined the forthcoming lineup for both 3DS and Wii...but managed to remain remarkably vague about specifics, too. Something tells me E3 may have to do with this, ya know.
In any case, here's what Nintendo said is currently scheduled for 2011 across both 3DS and Wii:
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D -- 06/19/2011
- Star Fox 64 3D -- TBA (to be announced)
- Animal Crossing (Temp.) -- TBA
- Kid Icarus: Uprising -- TBA
- Mario Kart (Temp.) -- TBA
- Paper Mario (Temp.) -- TBA
- Wii Play: Motion -- 06/13/2011
- Mystery Case Files: Dust to Dust -- 06/27/2011
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword -- 2011
What this does tell us, however, is that Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and Paper Mario should be receiving proper titles, likely at E3. Currently taking bets that all of them will simply have "3D" added to the end.