Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and as always I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host. As the boorish cruelties of Winter fall to the wayside to make room for the rejuvenating lights of Spring, the Giant Bomb Community has been up to great works of creativity this week. Whether it be vicarious fantasy adventure or science fiction role-playing the Giant Bomb community had a lot to process this week, and hopefully, this spotlight shows it! Without further ado, let's get on with the site related housekeeping:
- It seems like there have been multiple reports of Steam Key Scammers claiming to be representatives of Giant Bomb. Please be aware @giantbomb is the ONLY official Giant Bomb Twitter account.
- Still confused on how to subscribe to a Giant Bomb Premium Podcast? Here's a step-by-step guide to help you out!
- If you are experiencing issues with the Giant Bomb Roku App, there's a workaround you should know about!
- ATTENTION! There are new API endpoints for Giant Bomb videos! Learn all about it, and what it means for you.
PAX East 2017 Content
A bunch of tomfoolery happened at PAX East 2017. The archive of the Giant Bomb Panel has been posted on the site for those that are interested. Beyond that, here are other panels which featured Giant Bomb staff members:
- 404ing It: Breaking (Down) the Internet - Pat Baer's popular panel looking at hilarious videos featured Danielle Riendeau, Amarisse Sullivan, and Jeff Gerstmann as guest panelists.
- PAX East 2017: PAXAMANIA III - The Return Of Bad Video Game Wrestling- This was a thing which happened. I cannot feel my face after laughing about this panel.
- Jeff kicked Dan's Ass at NFL Blitz and NFL Blitz '99. Using "Sticky buttons" as an excuse will only get you so far in life Dan.
- Here's an archive of the Mixlr and Periscope of the "Live Drive" of Jeff, Vinny, Dan and Alex to PAX East 2017.
- LeagueOfHeels.com now has a full recap of what happened at PAXAMANIA III. It has plenty of images to boot as well.
Clips Of The Week
clagnaught published part four of his "Best of Giant Bomb's Deadly Premonition Endurance Run" video series.
Mendelson9 made a compilation video of his favorite moments from GB East's commentary for The Fast and the Furious.
Best Of Blogs
JJWeatherman recently picked up a PS4 Pro despite thinking the PC would dominate his gaming this generation. Learn what convinced him to purchase Sony's latest console.
marzz4967 articulates why Hyrule Warriors is a great game on the 3DS, and what continues to draw him into the game to this day.
mantonminnick blogs on how the a spectacular time he has had role-playing as a photographer in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
jcracken details why Dishonored 2 is a "resounding disappointment" from a narrative and gameplay perspective, he's still coming to terms with.
Darth_Navster uses Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 as a study on how games can be catastrophically on the wrong side of video game history.
reubencosmo uses the philosophy of Deleuze and Guattari to discuss optimal narrative structure in recently released video games.
bonbolapti comments on the livable and social world The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild manages to craft on his latest blog.
devise22 openly questions if the quality of PlayStation Plus has worsened over the years, and if it ever justified the investment.
In this week's round-up, Mento presents a new edition of the PS2-centric The Top Shelf, his lukewarm response to Hyper Light Drifter, the importance on first impressions, and a whole lot of Prague-crastination in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
Moderator ZombiePie is up to his old tricks and is playing Final Fantasy X for the first time. Here's a 7,000+ word blog on his first impressions of its baffling display of technical excellence.
Join The Discussion
What tips and tricks have you learned from playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? Share them with the rest of the Giant Bomb community.
Are the faces and animations in Mass Effect: Andromeda that big of an issue for you? Share your thoughts on our discussion thread.
For those of you playing NieR: Automata are you sporting the English or Japanese voices? Vote and discuss the matter over here.
Speaking of NieR: Automata, what are your initial impressions of the PC version of the game given the negative scuttlebutt surrounding it?
We now have a discussion thread related to Horizon: Zero Dawn! Feel free to discuss the ins and outs of the game's story and ending over there.
If you could have two arcade cabinets what would they be? Share and discuss your picks for your dream arcade with the rest of the Giant Bomb community.
Infuriated with Gold Mario being a new character in Mario Kart 8 DX, DarkbeatDK created this list of alternatives.
ReverendHunt is attempting to create a list of every brick breaking game on the site. Help him out in listing every example!
Useful User Reviews
- @meteora3255's The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild review assesses the Wii U version of the game and the bumps and bruises of the port job.
- @humanity's assessment of Horizon: Zero Dawn praises its varied combat while critiquing its empty open world.
- @moonlightmoth discusses her disappointment and frustration with Horizon: Zero Dawn.
- @moonlightmoth's Tales of Berseria review articulates why she found the game to be a lazy and overwritten slog.