Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host this week! The doldrums of Summer are nigh! With the latest batch of video game releases beyond us and the marketing haze that is E3 drawing close the Giant bomb community has carried on as usual. With the recent release of Overwatch it is as if the community has been injected with a serum of liquid adrenaline! With this rambling aside let's review the latest bits of Giant Bomb "housekeeping"!
- The Spawn On Me podcast, which is a video game podcast that spotlights people of color in the gaming industry, recently had Austin as a guest! Give it a listen whenever you get the chance.
- @prewaroregon created a Giant Bomb themed "Pandora like" random Quick Look player webpage! Get the details on how he created it.
- The Men of Game Development 2017 Calender is a thing...you can pay real money to supprt this crime against humanity. This year they roped Dave Lang and Hidetaka Suehiro!
Clip(s) of the Week
The end of the world is nigh…DMX Goomba is spreading! Check out this deviously AMAZING DMX Goomba pipe contraption by Giant Bomb user Oxyrain!
Giant Bomb Galleria
graboids has ANOTHER awesome VR x Giant Bomb Logo design! Check it out, and remember to thank him for this great work of art.
It is without a doubt a front-runner for quote of the year.
The Giant Bomb PC Overwatch Online Community Group can be found here!
Details on how to join the Xbox One Online Community Group for Overwatch can be found in the link above.
You can join our PS4 Giant Bomb Community Online Group for Overwatch right now over here!
The Giant Bomb Community PlayStation Destiny clan "Cerberus Wolves," is planning some new stuff and looking for new members!
Best of Blogs
The ending to Uncharted 4 bummed out Dobu_GM, and you can read why that is the case on his latest blog over here.
Fellow moderator Gamer_152 welcomes you to join him in deconstructing the latest atrocity that was the Mighty No. 9 trailer. He also discusses the positive influence of criticism, regardless of whether the criticism itself is positive or negative.
With May drawing to a close, Mento has completed his last full week of daily impressions of Steam games on his backlog. Check out his thoughts on Cargo Commander, Among the Sleep, Hammerwatch, The Next Big Thing, and Trine. He also sums up a week's worth of new releases and wiki activity with the regular feature Sunday Summaries.
Darth_Navster explains why he feels that Nintendo should build upon the Wavebird for their controller designs in the future.
bonbolapti shares the lasting impressions that Uncharted 4 left on him, and how it feels to say goodbye to the series after all these years. OH, and he played a ton of Overwatch!
RioStarwind continued his blog series where he plays the first 30-60 minutes of the biggest games of any given year! This week it's off to revisit the distant memory that was 2008.
Rapid reviews the longevity and legacy of the Need for Speed franchise, from the perspective of a racing game enthusiast, on his extensive blog.
LentFilms fought through Hell and high waters in order to get White Day running on a modern PC! Read all about his folly in nostalgia this week.
nickhead welcomes you to join him in discussing the merits, and de-merits, of Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC this week.
Joemotycki is asserting to have played "38" games in the last two months! Read all about how he managed to accomplish such a monumental gaming feat last month.
Join the Discussion
WHO is YOUR favorite hero in Overwatch? Vote for and discuss your pick on our community discussion thread related to the matter.
Do you have any theories on how to make career modes in sports games better? Share your ideas with other sports minded Giant Bomb users.
Which two game genres do you think are a match made in heaven? Share your favorite examples of genre blending with the rest of the Giant Bomb community!
A MASSIVE debate erupted last week on the "Worst Character Design" discussion thread! Feel free to join the fun!
Quake will be celebrating its 20th anniversary next month! What are your memories playing it? Share them with other Quake-a-holics!
Useful User Reviews
- @cav829 articulates why he found Uncharted 4 to be a "fitting end" to one of his favorite video game franchises.
- @xxizzypop explains why playing Uncharted 4 was an enjoyable romp through familiar territory on his review.
- @thefakepsychic shares why he feels Uncharted 4 is missing its pulp roots, but still manages to convey a great story.
- @moonlightmoth had a rip roaring time with Salt and Sanctuary. Read why on her review of the game over here
- @bassman2112 finally got around to playing Dota 2 for the first time, and shares his final impressions of the game on his review.
- On a bit of a whim @riostarwind decided to give the old PC game, Incoming, a shot and shares his impressions of it.
Taking a note form @slag, DevourerOfTime has gotten around to listing every game that convinced him to invest in a new console or platform.
In more ways than ever Overwatch was the game from this week that had the community "buzzing" the most! Well dear community rest assured that our wiki page for the smash hit is appropriately detailed!