Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host this week. With E3 2018 officially behind us, it is good to see you all alive and well. While the conference certainly was not the onslaught of video game content as in previous years, it was still a handful. First, and foremost, let's give a round of applause to the staff and production crew who made Giant Bomb's E3 coverage possible! Second, let's not forget about @marino and the return of Giant Bomb South. As you will see shortly, Marino uploaded a myriad of trailers this year. So, without further ado, let's review the site related housekeeping you may have missed!
- Some Giant Bomb users have noticed Brad shaking his head is one of the first results you get when you search "shame" in the Snapchat GIF section. Is this how a meme starts?
- Dan was on a science podcast and asked several questions about black holes. It's not as painful as you think.
- The Audio Network posted "Synthetic Life" by Julian Emery, James Hockley, and Adam Noble to YouTube because of Jan's constant pestering. Hot take: Synthetic Life > Lockdown!
E3 2018 in Review
Conference Discussion Threads
- The Official NINTENDO Thread
- The Official SONY Thread
- The Official SQUARE ENIX Thread
- The Official ELECTRONIC ARTS Thread
- The Official BETHESDA Thread
- The Official UBISOFT Thread
- The Official MICROSOFT Thread
E3 2018 Winning Conference Banners
E3 2018 Game Discussions
- Fallout 76 Discussion Thread (By: @deltamind)
- Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion Thread (By: @brunothethird)
- Death Stranding Discussion Thread (By: @lekebusch)
- Ghost of Tsushima Discussion Thread (By: @the_ruiner)
- Devil May Cry 5 Discussion Thread (By: @giant_gamer)
- Anthem Discussion Thread (By: @bofooq)
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Discussion Thread (By: @wemibelle)
- Forza Horizon 4 Discussion Thread (By: @notnert427)
- Kingdom Hearts III Discussion Thread (By: @acura_max)
- Dead or Alive 6 Discussion Thread (By: @boozak)
Best Of E3 2018 Lists
- Best Of E3 2018 (By: @riostarwind)
- Games Shown At E3 That I Am Looking Forward To (By: @sgtsphynx)
- E3 2018 Hype List (By: @clagnaught)
- Play It Dont Spray It | E3 2018 (By: @ptys)
- E3 2018 Games I'm Interested In (By: @smtdante89)
Giant Bomb Galleria
BANNER - FREE KESSLER x GFB (By: @rokuthirteen)
Kessler confronting Lang about the suspension of his Twitter account was a hilarious mix of humor and awkwardness that I will never forget. Also, #FREEKESSLER!
E3 is always an exhausting affair. So, Twitter user y0shifan took a screencap of Alex during the final day of E3 and merged it with Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.
JeremyM couldn't help but think about a classic Giant Bomb moment when watching the latest Death Stranding trailer, and as you might expect, they decided to merge the two.
morehandclaps couldn't stop herself from drawing these two sketches while enjoying Giant Bomb's E3 2018 content. Give them both a view.
Tweets Of The Week
Giant Bomb Chat usage graph from last night. Y'all were really trying to burn it to the ground. I love it. pic.twitter.com/Z6GZbVpT3c— Will Carle (@Will_Carle) June 15, 2018
Best Of Blogs
In his seventh year in charge of E3 trailers on Giant Bomb, Marino posted over 200 this year! Easily the most ever. Here's a breakdown of which ones were the most popular.
Marino also broke down which press conferences ranked well with the Giant Bomb community.
Moderator Gamer_152 wrote a blog detailing their positive and negative impressions of every E3 press conference. I do want to note, however, he owes me an apology for my correct predictions about Microsoft.
Aiomon was able to blog about four of the E3 2018 press conferences. Read what they thought were the highlights of the gaming extravaganza.
DevoidMana comments on why they think the reason why the remake of Resident Evil 2 is destined for success is how it honors the legacy of Resident Evil 1.5.
KillEm_Dafoe gave Onrush a shot after watching the Quick Look for it, and writes why they were pleasantly surprised by the game
section09 blogs on why Ubisoft's announced collaboration with Joseph Gorden Levitt's website Hitrecord is a bigger deal than most would think.
Egge briefly comments why they think Dontnod Entertainment's Vampyr is a narrative-heavy action RPG that successfully creates empathy for the "devil."
Wemibelle uses their most recent blog to pay tribute to Remember Me, a game they think is criminally underrated and sadly forgotten.
TheMist997 is excited about five big releases in June! Read what they are, and think of which games you can't wait to get your hands on as well.
Moderator Mento published twelve blogs since the last Spotlight, including two new series: his recurring "Alternative to E3" and the Sega Genesis and wiki-focused "Mega Archive". These two Summaries, created just before and after E3, have all the details you need.
Join The Discussion
If you could play any four games that you saw at E3 right now, what would they be? Share and discuss your four picks over here.
With new consoles in active development, what do you want out of the next generation? What do you hope console manufacturers prioritize in their designs?
Are the recently announced changes to publishing on Steam good or bad news? What are the pitfalls and benefits of Valve having a hands-off approach to Steam?
There's a fun but active discussion on the forums debating what video games would be called if they weren't called "video games." Personally, I find "digital entertainment" humorous.
What is the best/worst line of dialogue in a video game? "What is a man?" and "Jill sandwich" are the current front-runners, but can you think of other hilariously terrible lines from video games?
What do you make of ASUS' recently announced gaming phone? Seems like our community is just as confused as the rest of the internet, but share your two-cents' worth regarding the device.
Today, what is the most comfortable current-gen gaming controller? The current community leader is the Dual Shock 4, but what say YOU?
The many ways a developer can remake a game is interesting. Sure something brand new would be nice but a fresh look can make an old franchise look even better than before.