Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host once again. Now the biggest announcement this week related to the site came pertained to the newest additions to the Giant Bomb Moderation Team. For those that do not know already, @wafflestomp, @thatpinguino, and @fisk0 have all been asked to join the Moderation Team after a very serious round of voting took place. Please understand that the Giant Bomb Moderation Team takes adding new community members into our team very seriously, and hope that you all find these new members to be wonderful additions to an already great team! With that, here are the site announcements:
- Welcome Our New Overlord Masters: Wafflestomp, thatpinguino, & fisk0!
- The official Giant Bomb Community Level for Mario Maker is F829-0000-0066-E98B
- @patrickklepek played the Giant Bomb level twice now. You can catch the combined live-stream archives of his attempts on his YouTube account.
Clip(s) of the Week
- Giant Bomb X Himouto! Umaru-chan - Mario Party Party 5 - (By: @focks_macleod) Focks_MacLeod is back with a Giant Bomb anime mashup video! This is for Himouto! Umaru-chan and Mario Party Party 5.
- Best of Giant Bomb 83 - Call The Cops (By: @turboman) - Remember to also give TurboMan input and picks for future episodes of his "Best of Giant Bomb" videos. Also remember to also give TurboMan input and picks for future episodes of his "Best of Giant Bomb" videos in the link provided.
The Giant Bomb Galleria
- BANNER - Dan Wants YOU! (By: @y2ken) - Dan wants you to help him make the most sadistic level in Super Mario Maker!
- Dan Ryckert Does NOT Get the Nintendo Seal of Approval (By: @monkeyking1969) - The only "seal" that our community level may get is an OSHA warning.
- Dan Ryckert's "History" with Sneaking Suits (By: Paul Ryckert) - Dan's father reveals that Dan has a more detailed history with "sneaking suits" than anyone could have ever anticipated.
- Extra-Life 2015: The Giant Bomb Team & Quest to $250,000 - November 7th - #ForTheKids
- Giant Bomb PAX Australia 2015 User Roll Call! If You Plan on Going to the Event Drop a Comment HERE!
Best of Blogs
- Contradiction Beastcast Prank (By: @fobwashed) - Fobwashed is the person responsible for the Contradiction prank call on The Beastcast a while back. Read all about how that magical moment came together on this enlightening blog.
- Who in the World Owns Carmen Sandiego? (By: @thouddin) - Thouddin wanted to find out who owns the game rights to "Carmen Sandiego," and shares his research results with the entire Giant Bomb Community.
- Characterizing the One Hundred and Eight + ST-urday #013: Shadoworlds (By: @mento) - Moderator Mento discuss how Konami's Suikoden RPG series manages to create a massive, but still story significant, cast. He also checks out a possible ancient precursor to X-COM: UFO Defense on his ongoing "ST-urday" weekly Atari ST retrospective series.
- The Story So Far (The Phantom Pain: Missions 12 - 20) (By: @shindig) - Shindig finally got to mission twenty of MGS V: The Phantom Pain, and discusses what he ending up doing for that particular mission in great detail.
- SoCal Regionals 2015 (October 9th-11th) Preview + Capcom Pro Tour October & EVO Moment 37 Interview! (By: @flstyle) - If you need to get your Fighting Game Community fix, look no further than FLStyle's guide to the SoCal Regionals.
- Allison Road is a Long, Rocky Way Thanks to Modern Horror (By: @dinoracha) - Dinoracha comments on the weird and terrifying journey that is Allison Road on his latest blog over here.
- Sonic the Hedgehog and The Oakland Raiders are Oddly Alike (By: @mocbucket62) - Is comparing Sonic the Hedgehog to the Raiders too mean or just right? Check out MocBucket62's blog and find out.
- Open World Games Fatigue (By: @bizarrozorak) - Despite the buzz for recent releases, BizarroZoraK discusses why he still struggles to find enthusiasm for open world games today.
- A First Time Player's Thoughts of Mega Man 1-3 (By: @hippyjack) - Thanks to the Mega Man Legacy Collection hippyjack played through the first three games for the first time ever.
- ThatPinguino’s Magic Lessons: Examining the Mechanics of Battle for Zendikar (By: @thatpinguino) - With the the prerelease of Battle for Zendikar for Magic the Gathering out and about, join thatpinguino in discussing it here.
- Keifer Sutherland's Voice Situation Made the Ending "Work" for Me [Spoilers!!!] (By: @alavapenguin) ALavaPenguin shares why The Phantom Pain's voice situation with Keifer Sutherland made the game "work" for him.
- Moosey Gear Solid: The Phantom Blog Part II: Spoilers! (By: @mooseymcman) - This week MooseyMcMan gets into the nitty gritty of Metal Gear Solid V by discussing all of the big story related points.
- Weekly Wiki Update - Sunday, Sept. 20th 2015 (By: @bobafettjm) - bobafettjm shares his awesome activities on the Giant Bomb wiki on his latest "Weekly Wiki Update" over here.
- Does Konami's Long Term Strategy Make Sense? Not to Me (By: @bigsocrates) - BigSocrates debates the validity and sustainability of Konami's new long term strategy for survival in the video game market.
Join the Discussion
- As Per Dan's Request, I Give You KojimaTracker (By: @jeremyspittle) - Our own Dan Ryckert asked for it and JeremySpittle has delivered! He has gone and created "KojimaTracker.com"
- Duder Think Tank: Identifying the Under-Represented Settings, Cultures & Mythologies in Gaming (By: @dandyboyapples) - Join the community roundtable on interesting topics and/or cultures that you want to see in video games.
- Share Your Favorite Diamond Dog (MGSV Thread) (By: @blackout62) - Do you have a favorite "Diamond Dog" in The Phantom Pain? Share your pick and why you think they're great here!
- NBA 2K16 First Impressions Thread (By: @artisanbreads) - Feel free to share your impressions of the seventeenth installment in 2K's basketball franchise, and Spike Lee's career mode, here.
- SOMA Discussion Thread (By: @adequatelyprepared) - Have any of you tried out SOMA? If so join our community discussion about the game over here.
- Are Gameplay Spoilers Really Spoilers? (By: @sgtsphynx) - Can discussing gameplay and the mechanics of a game ever qualify as a "spoiler?" Join the community debate here!
- Worthwile GBA Games *Unfinished* (By: @lcom) - Join LCom in creating a list of the most essential gaming experiences on the Game Boy Advance on this list!
Useful User Reviews
- @danjohnhobbs discusses his issues with the point-and-click genre on his review of Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse.
- @sparky_buzzsaw extrapolates on why Batman: Arkham Knight, without question, will win his most disappointing GOTY award on his review for the game.
- @cairnsythebeard got around to playing Fallout Shelter on the Android, and discusses why the wait wasn't worth it.
- Mind Snares: Alice's Journey - Why would anyone put in over 800 wiki points of hard work into a hidden object game? Well, you are going to have to ask bobafettjm that question!
- Gear Puzzle (Concept) - Gear Puzzles have been haunting us since the dawn of time, so join the Giant Bomb wiki community in listing all of the games that are guilty of employing this trope!