Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am yet again honored to be your host this week. With the Autumn weather finally starting to show its prickly side bigger releases are still trickling in as everyone still recovers from their Metal Gear induced comas. With that aside there are some important site related developments worth discussing:
- If you have been graced by a ; site engineer @jslack is asking that you drop a comment here if you are experiencing this issue.
- A number of FireFox users have been reporting issues with the Giant Bomb video player. If that is you, first try clearing your cache, and also disable any adblockers that you may be using. If you are still having issues please drop an @comment towards jSlack in the link provided.
- Some Mario Maker shit is going down....
- Patrick Made a video where he told Dan to "Get Bent."
- Dan has issued a Super Mario Maker "challenge" against Patrick.
Clip(s) of the Week
- Best of Giant Bomb 86 - 4:20 9/11 (By: @turboman) - TurboMan has another FANTASTIC edition of his "Best of Giant Bomb" video series, and this episode is filled to the brim with hilarious moments from Metal Gear Scanlon V.
The Giantbomb Destiny Raid, Hot & Fresh (By: @wallofbricks) - wallofbricks compiled the HOTTEST"dunks," as well as the most memorable moments from the Destiny: The Taken King livestream in this highly entertaining video.
The Giant Bomb Galleria
- Banner - Freddy Ryckert Haunts Patrick Klepek (By: @graboids) - graboids made this poster of the new-found rivalry between Patrick and Dan regarding Mario Maker.
- Lil Weezy in Mass Effect (By: @goddamn-oni) - Inspired by the THPS 5 Quick Look, goddamn-oni drew Lil Wayne as a Mass Effect character.
- Vinny Belmont gets déjà vu (By: SAIK0U) - Saik0u created this artwork presenting Vinny getting déjà vu in Dracula's Curse.
- Patrick's Mario Maker Hell (By: moondoggo) - moondoggo made this artwork of Patrick attempting Dan's Mario Maker Level.
- Community Giant Bomb by Dantendo (By: @fobwashed) - Fobwashed has created this AWESOME poster commemorating the creation of Giant Bomb's second community level!
- The Giant Bomb PS4 Destiny Group has a New Announcement on how They Plan on Organizing Their Community Announcements
Best of Blogs
- So I Read "WTF Is Wrong With Video Games?" and Wanted to Write Some Things (By: @marokai) - Marokai read "WTF Is Wrong With Video Games?" and wrote up this detailed response to the book, and its many hypotheses related to the oftentimes overwhelming world of the video game industry, over here.
- Transcending the Interactive Experience (By: @coreymw) - Coreymw talks about what it was like when he use to organize LAN parties for Halo: Combat Evolved back in the days.
- Why you Should Play The Beginner's Guide (By: @darth_navster) - Darth_Navster implores every single one of you to check out The Beginner's Guide, and explains why, over here.
- Backlogtober 2015 - Day 4 Update [Day 8 Update] [Day 10 Update] (By: @dankempster) - From Pokemon Snap to Halo 4 dankempster's efforts to minimize his backlog have been going swimmingly with plenty of surprises worth reading about this week.
- Tales from the Zone & ST-urday #015: Boston Bomb Club (By: @mento) - Moderator Mento played even more of STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, and shares how that game has some "turns" worth seeing near its end. Moderator Mento continues with his retrospective of the Atari-ST with Boston Bomb Club!
- The (Late) Weekly Wiki Update - Monday, Oct. 5th 2015 (By: @bobafettjm) - Join bobafettjm in celebrating your most recent activities on the Giant Bomb wiki on his latest Wiki Update.
- Why Spelunky’s Stripped Theme Hits Me so Hard (By: @dinoracha) - Dinoracha shares why the "stripped" theme for Spelunky is an obscure, but personal favorite video game track of his.
- Backlogtoberganza - Dragon Quest V, Hitman Go, and, er, Metal Gear Solid V (By: @sparky_buzzsaw) - Sparky_Buzzsaw jotted down his early impressions of Dragon Quest V, Hitman Go, and Metal Gear Solid V.
- Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground: The Best/Worst Tony Hawk Game You’ve Probably Never Played (By: @bizarrozorak) - BizarroZoraK discusses why Tony Hawk's Proving Ground has a special place in his heart and is a game that he thinks you should check out instead of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5.
- Round 1 Arcade Illinois / Galloping Ghost Arcade (By: @infinitespark) - InfiniteSpark gave the Round 1 and Galloping Ghost arcades a visit and discusses his impressions of both here.
- Top 15 Classic Giant Bomb Quick Looks for October (By: @cornbredx) - What are the best GB Quick Looks for October? Join CornBREDX in discussing the best "spooky" themed Quick Looks on his blog.
- Tales of a Former Game Collector (By: @freezyfrog) - This week FreezyFrog admits to formerly being a game collector, and extrapolates on how to prevent physical media from taking over your life.
Join the Discussion
- Wish Brad Muir Luck at His New Job in Valve (By: @clairvoyantvibrations) - Join the rest of the Giant Bomb Community in wishing perpetual friend of the site, Brad Muir, the best in his future endeavors at Valve.
- Will Patrick Klepek Beat Dan Ryckert's SMM Challenge (By: @fobwashed) - Are you in #TeamPatrick or #TeamDan? Decide and vote if you think Patrick can defeat all of the Mario Maker abominations that Dan can throw at him!
- Did the Beta Change your Opinion of Star Wars: Battlefront? (By: @skyline7284) - Did the beta change your opinion of Star Wars: Battlefront? Vote and share how impactful your first impression of the game have been.
- Far Cry: Primal Initial Reaction Thread (By: @pyrodactyl) - What is your gut reaction to the next installment of the Far Cry franchise going prehistoric? Share your two cents with the rest of the community here.
- Metal Gear Online Impression/Discussion Sharing Thread (By: @soniking) - How has your online experience been regarding Metal Gear Online? Share your thoughts on the game and community behind the multiplayer component of MGSV.
- Favorite Character Designers in Video Games? (By: @maajin) - Do you have a favorite character designer with video games? Discuss the minds behind the aesthetics that pleases you the most.
- Giant Bomb Community Reax!: Rock Band 4 (By: @jjweatherman) - The Giant Bomb Community usually has a soft spot for the fine "products" of Harmonix, and with this week marking the release of Rock Band 4 join the rest of the community in discussing the game here.
- Horrible Game Interfaces (By: @crummo) - What are the worst game interfaces that you have ever seen in video games? Share and discuss the interfaces that make you shudder just thinking about them here.
- BacklogBlogtober Possible Potential Prospects? (By: @arbitrarywater) -ArbitraryWater has created a list of potential games for his Backlog Blogtober series. Also help in ruining his spirit and tell him what else he should play.
Useful User Reviews
- @redbullet685 details why SOMA's story is what motivated him to see the game all the way through to the end on his review.
- @dinoracha finally got around to playing Diablo III, and shares his belated assessment of the game on his review from the perspective of someone who has never played a Diablo game at launch.
- @riostarwind uses his review for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 to discuss why he thinks the gameplay of Dynasty Warrior is fun.
- @riostarwind strikes twice this week. If you are wondering if Castle Crashers Remastered is worth your time check out this review.
- @freezyfrog details why he cannot recommend Fallout Shelter due to what it is, and could have been.
- Rock Band 4 - You can learn almost everything there is to know about Rock Band 4, aside from Eric Pope's obsession with the worst parts of the internet, by checking out our GREAT wiki page for the game.