Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host once again! As the bitter cold starts to develop I hope that all of you have fun plans for Halloween! While there's nothing especially spooky about this edition of the Spotlight I do hope that you are able to enjoy it nonetheless. Anyway here is the site-related news worth talking about for this week:
- Have you experienced any issues regarding live streams on Giant Bomb? Engineer @wcarle has created a new form for you to fill out in order to assist the video team in locating the problem.
- The engineers also have an update blog on all of their big and interesting plans for Giant Bomb in the near future! Read all about what they hope to do to the wiki, search engine, and account management system!
- Extra-Life 2015: The Giant Bomb Team & Quest to $250,000 - The annual community charity event for Extra-Life is all set for NEXT WEEKEND!!! You still have time to help raise money for children's charities!
Clips of the Week
- Dirty Dan Ryckert's APW Debut (By: @natto) - Giant Bomb user natto attended and documented "Dirty" Dan Ryckert's debut in All Pro Wrestling...OF COURSE HE IS A HEEL!
- GiantBomb Extra Life 2015 (By: @hamst3r) - Check out the AWESOME promotional video that Hamst3r created for the Giant Bomb Extra Life 2015 Community. Also, do not forget that Giant Bomb's Extra Life 2015 event is NEXT WEEK!
- Best of Giant Bomb 87 - Saturn Sucks (By: @turboman) - has created a NEW "Best of Giant Bomb" video! Check out episode 87 "Saturn Sucks."
- The Ryckoning: How Two Men Destroyed Gaming Forever - Check out this video that compiles the budding rivalry between Dan Ryckert and Patrick Klepek during The Ryckoning.
The Giant Bomb Galleria
- BANNER - I Made Something Stupid for Jeff (By: @undercover_hipster) - Undercover_Hipster created the boxart for Tony Hawk's Underground 3 and included a nice pull quote from Jeff in it.
- I Made This Gundam Thing of Giant Bomb (By: @humanity) - Giant Bomb user Humanity created this AWESOME artwork combining Giant Bomb with Gundam.
- Credit Where Credit's Due: The Giant Bomb Level 2 (By: @rjpelonia) - RJPelonia annotated all of the community suggestions for the Second Giant Bomb Mario Maker Level.
- The Giant Bomb Community Halo 5 Clan for Halo 5: Guardians - Drop a Comment Here if you Want to Join it !
- Join the Community Effort in Defeating the Skaven in Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide by Posting your Steam ID!
Best of Blogs
- Stand and Deliver your Money for Extra Life! (By: @shindig) - Shindig shares his Extra Life 2015 live-stream and fundraising plans on his impassioned plea for YOU to join the community effort NOW!
- An Extra Life Refresher (By: @riostarwind) - RioStarwind has nearly completed his Extra Life 2015 game list! See what he has planned for the event over here.
- (Mario) Maker's Mark & ST-urday #018: Xenon & Xenon 2: Megablast (By: @mento) - Firstly, Moderator Mento challenged himself to defeat a myriad of Super Mario Maker levels that the Giant Bomb community, including Dan and Jeff, and other internet personalities have made. He also expanded more on the Atari ST with a couple of well-regarded shoot 'em ups for the system.
- MGSV, Disgaea 5, and Tales from the Borderlands [SPOILERS!] (By: @sparky_buzzsaw) - Sparky_Buzzsaw loves him some Disgaea games, and you can read all about his formative impressions ofDisgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance, as well as MGSV and Tales from the Borderlands, over here!
- Post-Mortem Kombat X: The Dead (Part 1) & Post-Mortem Kombat X: The Living (Part 2) (By: @marino) - Part 3 of Marino's Mortal Kombat blog series is up. Now he is reviewing who's died in the new timeline, and earlier he wrapped up the characters that are still alive.
- Backlogtober - Day 28 Update & Backlogtober 2015 - Day 25 Update (By: DANKEMPSTER) - dankempster has completed his "Backlogtober" blog series with a deep examination of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves as well as Zeno Clash.
- Thoughts on Corpse Party: Blood Drive (By: @lentfilms) - LentFilms discusses Corpse Party: Blood Drive and the nature of the entire franchise on his latest blog.
- Interview with Curious Expedition Developers (By: @mikelemmer) - MikeLemmer had the opportunity to interview developers behind The Curious Expedition! Check out and read what he discovered.
- Driveclub Bikes - Quick First Impressions (By: @frybird) - Frybird welcomes you to his discussion on Driveclub's recent addition of motorcycles on his latest blog.
- By the Homeworld I Hope to See One Day – A Surface Probe of Mass Effect 3 and Loss (By: @rhymesmcfist) - RhymesMcFist finally got around to finishing Mass Effect 3. Read about what it was like to go back to the game here.
- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX is a Worthy Spin-off (By: @grantheaslip) - Is Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX a fun and worthwhile spin-off? Check out GrantHeaslip's latest blog to find out!
- In Defense of Traditional Wrestling Videogame Design (and Other Ramblings) (By: @bizarrozorak) - BizarroZoraK mustered up the courage to write a defense of the current state of wrestling game design over here.
- Playing My First Final Fantasy - Parts 95-115: Is This the Real Life, or is This Just Fantasy? (By: @zombiepie) - THIS FUCKING GAME! Who...no, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?! Check out ZombiePie's penultimate blog on his Let's Play for Final Fantasy VIII! This week he discovered the wonders of "Time Compression."
Join the Discussion
- Halo 5 Impressions Thread (By: @historyinrust) - Do you have any formative impressions of Halo 5: Guardians? If so, share your impressions of the game's campaign, as well as multiplayer, with the Giant Bomb community!
- Overwatch Closed Beta Discussion Thread (By: @wraithtek) - Now that the closed beta for Overwatch is live what have your impressions of the game thus far been? Share them with other community members in the beta.
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate Discussion Thread (By: @ntm) - Have you enjoyed or hated what you have played of Assassin's Creed Syndicate? Share your impressions of it here.
- Have Team Fortress Rewards Ever Influenced You? (By: VEEKTARIUS) - Have Team Fortress 2 rewards ever influenced you? Vote and discuss (*cough* confess *cough*) if you have ever purchased a game for the sole purpose of acquiring TF2 hats.
- What Kind of Character Will You Create in Fallout 4? (By: @citizenkane) - What will your character look like and be skilled at doing in Fallout 4? Share your ideas and predicted playstyle over here.
- WWE 2K16 Impressions Thread (By: @bradbrains) - What are YOUR impressions of WWE 2K16? Feel free to share them with the rest of the GB community.
- Dhalsim and Recent Street Fighter V News Discussion Thread (By: @starvinggamer) - Join the rest of the community in discussing the return of Dhalsim in Street Fighter V and other important Street Fighter news.
- Retro Games I (Cleanly) Finished (By: @lamperiie) - lamperIIe really enjoys retro gaming, and this week took the time to list all of the retro games that he has beaten without cheats and save states.
Useful User Reviews
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain was the type of crazy that @jaypb08 was looking for, and he explains why.
- @vert_vermillion shares why Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash is exactly the game he wanted on his review over here.
- @riostarwind finally got around to playing Mortal Kombat X and shares why he still recommends it on his review.
- @riostarwind also provides a re-examination of Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, and its assortment of flaws
- For more than one reason @freezyfrog just could not find himself connecting with Thomas Was Alone, and shares why on his review.
- @lcom used the tenth birthday of F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon to replay it, and discusses what has stood the test of time on his review.
- Chloe Price - @foxxfireart sunk in over 800 points into our Chloe Price character page! Check out the new and improved page and give him a round of applause.
- Flowers - Moderator @gamer_152 tied up our object page for flowers. Please understand that generalized object pages should only feature games that use those objects prominently and as a part of the gameplay.