Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host this week. With the doldrums of winter finally besetting the Northern Hemisphere a majority of you are attempting to welcome the frosty abyss with open arms. Who knows, maybe the frost will pitch 2017 into the void allowing us to coast idly along into the darkness. Then we can at least be awash in silence in the cold as bones weather. Oh, and the Giant Bomb Community has been up to some amazing things this week. Here's the housekeeping before we get on with that:
- For anyone that wants to see more of the fan art drawn during last weeks Extra Life, you can do so by visiting Giant Bomb Extra Life Fan Art Emporium. If you drew anything and it's not on the site, contact @mrcraggle.
- @alecgdouglas created a Giant Bomb App for Amazon Fire TV! Check it out and see how you can improve the beta for all involved.
- @theps2collector created a Tumblr Account called "Ranking of Quick Looks" which is attempting to rank every single Quick Look created on the site.
- Remember that Extra Life does not stop taking donations until the end of 2016! The Giant Bomb Team can still raise $250K, and we are currently at $248,364!
Clip(s) of the Week
Want to watch three grown men slowly lose their sanity? Here's a video compiling every save screen from Mario Party Party 8.
Mepsipax compiled all of the HILARIOUS moments from the Mario Party Party 8 in which the staff frantically waggle their Wii Remotes.
Giant Bomb Galleria
Some people tune in for the games sure, but Humanity is a little different. He tunes in for a specific segment of Extra Life featuring Drew, Alexis, and Mary Kish.
HavocHQ had a smashing time watching Alex's first foray into the sadistically beautiful world of Mega Man. This inspired HavocHQ to whip up this hilarious web comic.
For this week's Bombcast sketch morehandclaps was less "literal." Regardless, it's still a great work of art worth marveling over.
The Giant Bomb Pokemon League is returning for Pokémon Sun/Moon! Help with the planning and rule creating process over here.
Best of Blogs
BigSocrates responds to Ubisoft's Serge Hascoët, and the company's planned "less scripted narrative" approach to video game storytelling.
danielkempster continues his efforts to amass a complete living "National Pokédex!" Read how Super Training has been providing his efforts with an epic headache.
He may be a bit late this month, but BlackLagoon is finally back with a blog annotating all of the games coming out for the PlayStation Vita.
Darth_Navster's blog retrospective on the previous generation of consoles and games continues with a fond but critical look at both the Wii and PlayStation 3.
DharmaBum extrapolates the inherent "beauty" of watching a high quality competitive multiplayer video game match.
As a fan of previous entries in the franchise, ZZoMBiE13 shares the growing list of concerns he has with Dead Rising 4 based on what he has seen of the game.
Moderator Mento gives you a new update on his weekly goings-on regarding Giant Bomb as well as video gaming.
Join the Discussion
This is the greatest forum title I have seen this year. See if you can assist the author in developing a list of games that "fit" the title.
Do you have any impressions of Watch Dogs 2? Has the game's depiction of hacker culture drawn you in, or immediately repulsed you?
Have you had any luck with "the chef" Elusive Target in Hitman? Feel free to share your tips, tricks, and experiences with the latest target with other users.
Did you pick up and/or play around with Planet Coaster? Join our community discussion about the game, and whether or not it scratches the same "itch" as RollerCoaster Tycoon.
Have any of you tinkered around with the Steep open beta? Feel free to share your impressions here if you have.
Which Game Will You Be Picking Of The Two New Pokemon Games? [Poll Included] (By: @naoiko)
Between Pokémon Sun and Moon which do you plan on picking up? Vote and discuss your pick with other "Poke-fanatics" on the site... because I know we have a ton.
I know what you are thinking, I can hear you saying "Oh... it's one of THOSE lists." Well this time shroudofsorrow took the time and attendance to actually explain why every character made his list.
Is there such thing as a "good" mindless FPS? Psykhophear thinks so, and shares this list of sixteen games he thinks fits the bill.
In honor of the Wii U ending production DarkbeatDK created this list of his ten favorite non-platformer games on the console.
Useful User Reviews
- @bassman2112's review of Owlboy highlights the massive amount of fun he had with the game, especially its mechanics.
- @moonlightmoth shares why she found Mother Russia Bleeds to be "strangely unremarkable" artistically and mechanically.
- @mento's review of Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight assesses its enjoyable gameplay and presentation.