Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host this week! With the vast majority of the United States celebrating Thanksgiving, it was a relatively quiet week in terms of content. Hopefully this was a respite to anyone dealing with the insanity of the holidays. That said, the Giant Bomb community was as busy as usual. In fact, let's jump into the site related housekeeping RIGHT NOW!
- The Black Friday Premium Membership sale will continue until 11/27; the same applies to the 20% discount on all Giant Bomb merchandise.
- A massive batch of updates and bug fixes launched last week to remedy issues on the site. Here's a link to the list of fixes.
- In an online poll hosted by Red Bull, Giant Bomb was voted the "Best games podcast" of 2018! Thank you to everyone who voted for the podcast!
- All 12.1 parts of Alex's 24 hour Extra Life stream are now live on Giant Bomb's Extra Life show page. Just scroll down to the carousel/grid and you'll find all the parts, but here's a link to part 1.
Tweets Of The Week
This is fan art specifically for the moment @DanRyckert encountered the blood graffiti in the @giantbomb playthrough of The Quiet Man.— Andrea Streeter (@andreastreeter) November 21, 2018
This is NOT fan art for The Quiet Man. It is a bad game. pic.twitter.com/gRUHbmqTqb
Data and show-tagging is coming along today over on @giantbomb. We now have populated show pages for old stuff like Daily Dota, Question of the Week, I Love Mondays, TNT, and more. The show pages for E3 coverage, reviews, and a couple others are far more complete now, too.— Jeff Gerstmann (@jeffgerstmann) November 22, 2018
Clips Of The Week
If you celebrated Thanksgiving last week, here's a clip of what I consider the funniest Thanksgiving turkey discussion in Giant Bomb history! If you need a hint, it involves Austin and Vinny during VinnyVania.
This is a fun one! Community member, Fobwashed, is hosting a community draft based on Giant Bomb's Game Of The Year awards! Use the link and remember to read the rules to avoid getting disqualified.
If you are participating in Fobwashed's Giant Bomb GotY 2018 "Fantasy League" don't forget to share and discuss why you placed the games where you put them!
Giant Bomb Galleria
Over on Twitter, frankace_art drew the All Systems Goku podcast members as cast members in Dragon Ball Z. It's certainly cool to see Jeff and Dan hanging out with a medley of anime characters.
Here's another awesome work of art from Twitter! This 16-bit rendition of Jason comes from jea_rum who created the artwork a while back envisioning Abby as a Dragon Ball Z character.
If you need some Giant Bomb-themed wholesomeness during your busy week, look no further than katpottz's attempt to make Warren in Soulcalibur VI!
If you wanted to add extra nightmare-fuel to your day, look no further than cikame's attempt to make British "National Treasure," Mr. Blobby, in Soulcalibur VI. Seriously check out their other Soulcalibur creations because they are AWESOME! Also, I'm not sorry for ruining your day.
Best Of Blogs
Did you want to read about the Final Fantasy manga? WAIT, don't go!What if I told you it was an Isekai manga where the protagonist is an employee at Square Enix who hates their job? Get the details on moderator ZombiePie's latest blog.
If you do not mind spoilers, check out MooseyMcMan's exhaustive blog about Red Dead Redemption 2, and why they personally were able to relate to Arthur's plight in the game.
The Hell with the haters, urban_ryoga uses their short blog this week to talk about why getting rid of the random encounters is the best thing Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee! could have done.
The_Nubster finally got around to playing God of War and blogs about why they aren't "feeling it." Read why they think Atreus is a major thorn in that game's side and their enjoyment.
Moderator Gamer_152's essay this week was a real labor of love. I wrote about spoilers, death, and What Remains of Edith Finch. Please, give it a read and share your thoughts about their take.
With Game of the Year breathing down our necks, Mento decided to play around with the theme of GotY for their latest Saturday Summary blog, along with impressions of Jazztronauts, Subsurface Circular and Ni no Kuni II. Give it a read, and be astounded by their hard work this week.
Join The Discussion
With the conclusion of Dragon Ball Z Kai drawing nigh, what do you envision for the All Systems Goku podcast? Do you have your fingers crossed for OG Dragon Ball or something completely different?
Are any of you partaking in Black Friday shopping? Whether you are toiling away in a big box store or shopping digitally, feel free to share your haul or attractive deals in our community Black Friday discussion thread!
Calling all Hitman 2 players! How are you handling the Elusive Targets? Join our ever-evolving community discussion about the much-ballyhooed feature using the link above.
So, if you are a Red Dead Redemption 2 fan, where do you want the game to go next? What do you hope Rockstar fix, add, or improve in future updates or DLC? Join our conversation using the link above!
Have any of you played Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee!? Feel free to share your positive and negative opinions about the changes the game made to the Pokémon Go formula in our official discussion thread!
Our Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn community welcomes you to join their discussion of the recently announced Shadowbringers expansion! Here's a link to the thread if you are interested.
Useful User Reviews
- Giant Bomb user @willin wanted to like Fallout 76 and spent hours playing the game. Read their review to find out why they didn't enjoy Fallout 76's take on West Virginia.
- @moonlightmoth uses their review of Vikings: Wolves of Midgard to talk about how the game consistently fails to elevate its exciting premise to the heights it deserves.
- In their review of Boiling Point: Road to Hell, Giant Bomb user @bhlaab discusses why cannot help but have nostalgia for a game they know isn't everyone's cup of tea.
- Many years have passed since @riostarwind first played through GoldenEye 007. What has managed to hold up after all these years? Find out by checking out their latest review.
- @yyninja is a long-time fan of the Persona franchise and shares why they were massively disappointed with Persona 5. Read why they think the story, cast, and gameplay left a lot to be desired.
- @triznoy gave Mega Man 11 a shot and shares their largely positive impressions of the game in their review! Read it to find out why they are surprised but happy a numbered Mega Man was made in 2018.
World of Warcraft is officially FOURTEEN YEARS OLD this week! Read all about how the monumentally important game has evolved over time using our wiki page!
[Editor's Note] EverQuest II is also 14 now, but no one wants to listen to me ramble about that I guess... fine. -Marino