Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Artifact

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Nov 28, 2018

A digital collectible card game spin-off of Valve's MOBA game Dota 2. Designed by Richard Garfield, the game combines the mechanics of Garfield's signature card game Magic: The Gathering with elements found in MOBA games.

Valve is making a new game!

• 101 results
    zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@panfoot said:

I think now I have actually 100% given up on Half Life 3 ever happening. I suppose there was still a 1% bit of hope left before, but it's gone now.

I'd guess all the various iterations of its concept that they've worked on so far are all dead in the water, because they simply wouldn't have been enough to impress or even please the fans. However, I'd bet they'll still release it someday... when they have a new technology (VR in it's 2nd or 3rd gen??) or concept that is good enough to potentially carry the name and truly change the gaming landscape forever, like HL & HL2 did. And they'll probably use assets, concepts, and story in various pieces from what they already have done, with some polish.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@artisanbreads: Yeah, God forbid anyone would iterate on an idea that is in a realm where there already is a hungry and stagnant market...

Hungry and stagnant? You're talking about CCGs I would hope, since it's the topic... even MTG itself is over saturated and prolific-to-the-point-of-ridiculousness in their coninuous expansion of the game and card set. There's no way anyone can say the market needs this game unless it's a lot more than it seems or what they said... It's valve, so people will play it, but I think practically everyone would prefer Valve make another real AAA game again, not yet another "gambling-in-video-game-form" micro-transaction, esports-wannabe (not saying it won't be, but they're sure hoping) game...

Nilsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By Nilsy

When it comes to CCG card games ive learned to always calculate what it would cost me to play the game.

Tried out Hearthstone when it came out as i figured it would cost like a computer game but no its a F2P-CCG game or as i like to call them "we dont dare to tell you how much it costs" games.

These games its not if the game is fun or not its what are its F2P model is it a money grab that will take your house and put you in debt?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.