Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Game » consists of 32 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

The sixth main installment of the Assassin's Creed franchise, set in the Caribbean during the age of piracy in the early 18th century. Players explore the memories of Edward Kenway, a charismatic pirate (turned reckless Assassin) and the grandfather of Connor Kenway, the protagonist of Assassin's Creed III.

AC4 BSOD Sound Card

Snowman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi.

This is really damn annoying... The game plays fine, no lag, no stuttering, no crap like that. Single Player works perfectly, the odd glitch but that's expected. But when I play Multiplayer, the game runs perfectly until about 10-15 minutes in when the whole screen locks up, sound starts buzzing and there's nothing I can do. 1/3 of the times, a BSOD pops up.Only fix is a reboot, no response from the whole computer

My temporary fix: disable sound card.

Please, you NEED sound to play Multiplayer... My sound card is a Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 81) - an iMac (NOT Bootcamp) so getting another sound card is out of the question. Please, does anyone have a fix? I love the AC Multiplayer, but the support from Ubi themselves for PC is just pathetic. People have had sound card issues since 2011 and I can't find a fix...

Thank you for your time

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.