Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Game » consists of 32 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

The sixth main installment of the Assassin's Creed franchise, set in the Caribbean during the age of piracy in the early 18th century. Players explore the memories of Edward Kenway, a charismatic pirate (turned reckless Assassin) and the grandfather of Connor Kenway, the protagonist of Assassin's Creed III.

Should I wait for the PC version? (Will my PC run it well)

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So I'm suddenly really excited to play Black Flag, AC3 took a lot of my excitement for the series but people are saying this one is the best since 2/BH.

Anyway, I can't decide if I should wait the 3 weeks for the PC version or just get it on xbox. I have an AMD R7970 black edition and an FX 8 core processor. If my computer can run it well on high settings I'll probably wait considering the frame rate in AC3 ruined it for me on xbox. Then again I recently installed AC3 on my PC and it's not running very well, just got to Boston and the frame rate drops from 60 to 30 or sub 30 sometimes. But people say AC3 is just poorly optimized.

I'm really new to PC gaming and I just don't know what to think, should I wait?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I found ACIII to be extremely well optimized on my GTX 570/i5-2500k.

Driver issues aside (from which I've heard conflicting things of some AMD users being able to run the game well and others running into some issues), a 7970 should be able to run it. Framerate dips into the city always happened to me; changing the graphical settings just altered how low the fps would drop to. After a second or two though my framerate shot back up to 60fps.

Worst case scenario would be that you would need to drop the settings to medium in order to keep the game +30fps for the majority of the time, which is still way better than what the 360 and PS3 can do. If you are getting either a PS4 or X1 at launch, then maybe it's best to wait and see how the next gen versions perform.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@redroach: Yep huge FPS drop in Boston was a known issue. I had the same problem too.

sixnahalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes this game should be worth the wait, however just kindly check the video card that will be used because some of them will not be working well with the game based on what i have read on other forums.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Darji

these are the system requirements which are really not high compared to other "next gen" titles

minimum:

-Operating System: Windows Vista SP or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 (both 32/64bit versions)

-Note that we only support 64 bit OSs.

-Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHz -

-RAM: 2GB for Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8

-Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or AMD Radeon HD 4870 ( 512MB VRAM with Shader Model 4.0 or higher)

-DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable

-Disk Space: 30 Gb

-Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers

-Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse required, optional controller

recommended :

Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 (both 32/64bit versions)

-Note that we only support 64 bit OSs.

-Processor: Intel Core i5 2400S @ 2.5 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz or better

-RAM: 4GB or more

-Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 or AMD Radeon HD 5850 1024MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0) or better

-Supported video cards at the time of release: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or better, GT400, GT500, GT600, GT700 series or AMD Radeon HD4870 or better, HD5000, HD6000, HD7000 series

*Note: Latest GeForce drivers tested: 320.49 for all series. Latest Radeon drivers tested: 13.1 for Radeon HD4000, 13.4 for Radeon HD5000 and above.

*Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.