Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Game » consists of 32 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

The sixth main installment of the Assassin's Creed franchise, set in the Caribbean during the age of piracy in the early 18th century. Players explore the memories of Edward Kenway, a charismatic pirate (turned reckless Assassin) and the grandfather of Connor Kenway, the protagonist of Assassin's Creed III.

Ubisoft, take a page from Bethesda. (AC4 long credit roll)

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Legion_

Wow... I just finished the Freedom Cry DLC for Black Flag, and I have to - wait, scratch that. I finished the Freedom Cry DLC for Black flag over 20 minutes ago, and I'm still watching the credits.

COME ON!

That's just stupid Ubisoft. Sure, you have big teams working on AC. But there has to be a better way to show credits than this. And there is. Look at how Bethesda handled it for Skyrim. Or at least make it go faster. I just want to watch if there's a post credit scene, and it fucking stupid to force me to sit through over 20 minutes of credits for a god damned add-on.

Get your shit togheter. Seriously.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bwheeeler

You don't have to watch them, actually. If you'd like, you can not watch them.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I generally like longish credits, its that sense of release when you've finished a game. The names are scrolling down, music is playing and relax, thinking about the game you just played and what the experience overall was like. Maybe because its usually after a tough boss fight or something so theres usually relief to be had.

Then its 'go make a cup of tea while listening to the soundtrack in the background' time.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Why are we worried about credits? Why do we think that credits matter? Who is this person forcing you to sit through the credits?

No Caption Provided

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I agree, OP. I watched all of Arkham Origins' credits to see if there was a stinger (there almost always is in these games) and I sat through 20+ minutes of credits. Everyone and their mother was listed in there. Hell, I probably got a credit in there. It's pretty egregious when you're listing the fucking PR department and the marketing guys and I shit you not the IT department in a game's credits. It should be developers, key publisher staff, and that's a goddamn wrap.

Obviously voice talent as well as composers and what not should be credited; what I mean is that the developer list is awful small compared to giving every goddamn member of the publishing house a fucking credit. This shit is ridiculous and needs to be reined in.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I thought this was going to be a thread about 'Ubisoft, take a page from Bethesda and don't release an AC game every year.' That I can get behind.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the biggest problem is that people expect after credit stingers and are upset they "have" to sit through the credits. I don't understand that argument at all. If its that important then why not Youtube it after you've beaten the game and get it even faster?

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

I generally like longish credits, its that sense of release when you've finished a game. The names are scrolling down, music is playing and relax, thinking about the game you just played and what the experience overall was like. Maybe because its usually after a tough boss fight or something so theres usually relief to be had.

Then its 'go make a cup of tea while listening to the soundtrack in the background' time.

You are me! I do the exact same thing! Woohoo :)

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Ramone

I think you can really boil this whole thing down into "fuck post-credit stingers". They are the worst. Once the credits start, the story is OVER as far as I'm concerned.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sammo21

@ramone: Even films like the Marvel Cinematic movies don't make you wait until all the credits are over, lol. Those are really the only films I stick around for after the credits roll.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ramone: "..Mr President" *Titlecard*

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's pretty egregious when you're listing the fucking PR department and the marketing guys and I shit you not the IT department in a game's credits. It should be developers, key publisher staff, and that's a goddamn wrap.

Obviously voice talent as well as composers and what not should be credited; what I mean is that the developer list is awful small compared to giving every goddamn member of the publishing house a fucking credit. This shit is ridiculous and needs to be reined in.

Or... maybe they actually value those people and their contributions to the game no matter how minor, and want someone as "unimportant" as the secretary to get the same level of recognition as the designers?

This isn't a problem. As in almost everything, if you don't like it. Turn it off.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sammo21

@joshwent: That, apparently, is not an option...its the same type of "interesting" opinion as when someone doesn't like a TV and that is enough grounds for them to think it shouldn't be on TV. Not that they can't just not watch the program, but it also has to not exist as well.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent said:

Or... maybe they actually value those people and their contributions to the game no matter how minor, and want someone as "unimportant" as the secretary to get the same level of recognition as the designers?

This isn't a problem. As in almost everything, if you don't like it. Turn it off.

Or if they're feeling like giving away credits like pedophiles in a party van, how about they allow the credits to be skippable without missing the post-credits scene? I think that's a fair compromise considering the (one more time) egregious length of time these credits take.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@joshwent said:

Or if they're feeling like giving away credits like pedophiles in a party van, how about they allow the credits to be skippable without missing the post-credits scene? I think that's a fair compromise considering the (one more time) egregious length of time these credits take.

isn't that how most of them work already?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

isn't that how most of them work already?

Believe it or not, no. Some devs are real dicks about this. I've taken to playing it safe.

Same way that pressing start in a lot of games results in a skipped cutscene instead of pausing the game. Just hit the big ol' X button to be safe.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I like credits most of the time, but there should probably be an X to skip button. Not having one is either inconsiderate or big headed

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

give me an achievement for twenty minute credits. if i can get one for getting all achievements then one for credits is worth my time. I walk away from the tv when the credits come on.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a game recently where if you skip the credits, you don't get the stinger at the end?

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only sit on those credits for either the stinger or the save your game or whatever might be missed if you skip over the credits. Sometimes, if I really liked the game, I do enjoy taking in the soundtrack and reflecting on the game. Most of the time I take a walk, though.

lennyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_: This happened with me in III. It's outrageous. It has to show all the different teams and countries too, which is totally unnecessary.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Just skip it duder. That's what I do. I can understand if you're holding out for an after credits stinger, I'm fairly paranoid I'll miss one of those if I just skip the credits.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By RonGalaxy

Cant be as insanely unnecessary as the tearaway credits. 47 people work at MM and those credits lasted a good 10-15 minutes.

Seriously. This lady doesnt even finish the credits, but it still lasts for 15 minutes. So it's even longer than that

Loading Video...

For some reason I cant start the video at the right time on the forums. Just go to 14:26

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24  Edited By Castiel

@sammo21 said:

Why are we worried about credits? Why do we think that credits matter? Who is this person forcing you to sit through the credits?

No Caption Provided

Alright dammit you made me laugh. Are you happy now? Are you? ARE YOU!?

mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: That's what I was expecting too, I think it's probably too late now, but if they'd done it from the start it probably would've vastly improved their quality.

I don't really mind super long credits, I sat through the LOTR special edition credits which list every member of the fan club, but I think it's nice to give something to look at while you're watching them.

My personal favourite was the Rayman: Legends credits, where the credits where basically physical, destructible objects that constantly scrolled up the screen. I finished it with my little brother and we sat through the entire credits destroying them and playing games on top of them. Also, they gave you lums, so you actually have an incentive to destroy them all :)

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm the guy who ALWAYS sits through credits... there might be something at the end. But honestly, I just feel like I need to. I do it at every movie, even when I KNOW there's nothing at the end.

Did anyone finish GTA 5? Those credits went for like 45 minutes! I kept almost shutting it off, but I was thinking, "it's gotta be coming to the end soon."

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By noizy

I just walk out of the theater.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate unnecessarily long credits too, it's even worse when if you skip the credits, the game also makes it so you miss the stinger - those are the freaking worse. It's ok if they tack on outtakes or something visual to look at when the credits are rolling, but if it's just a black screen with text rolling up, then screw that.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Legion_

Shiiiiit (The Wire). 25-30 minutes into the credits, I had to just skip over them, because I was already ten minutes late for dinner at my old folks place. Why is that always when I finish a game, I need to be somewhere?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By hatking

I think credits are important. They need to be there in some capacity for closure and a moment to breath and process what you just saw. I still remember how fucking jarring it was when I beat the original BioShock and just got dumped back to the main menu without so much as a fin. Having said that, some games are getting a bit crazy with it. It'd be nice if they could do, like, three columns of credits simultaneously, to help speed things up. Or at least have a video running in the background so it doesn't feel like watching paint dry.

Edit: Also, for those worried about stingers. There's this handy website. I've checked it while sitting in theaters many a time. Not sure how useful it is for games though. http://aftercredits.com/

mina_mina752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i only watch credits if combined with an awesome soundtrack, dishonored for example had a long credits but i still enjoyed it becoz of the awesome song played during it, another example is portal's "still alive" tell me u didn't watch the credits !!

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By r3beld0gg

@mina_mina752 said:

i only watch credits if combined with an awesome soundtrack, dishonored for example had a long credits but i still enjoyed it becoz of the awesome song played during it, another example is portal's "still alive" tell me u didn't watch the credits !!

Damn it... I had to search YouTube to hear it again lol

EDIT: Had to listen to the one from Portal 2... I need to replay these games. I don't care about HL3, give me Portal 3 or a Portal spinoff.

We do what we must

because we can.

For the good of all of us.

Except the ones who are dead.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake.

You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

And the Science gets done.

And you make a neat gun.

For the people who are still alive.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By mosespippy

@naru_joe93: I found the Tearaway credits to be a particularly bad offender of giving away credits to everyone. I don't mind when the babies born during development are included, as it demonstrates just how long and difficult the development process is. But Tearaway also thanks all the other developer's kids, their pets and their yoga instructor. At that point you are wasting my time. After about 20 minutes I decided to skip the rest because fuck it. Turns out you can speed up the scroll and I was done 20 seconds later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.