Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 23, 2015

Set in 1868 London during the Industrial Revolution, players take on the role of sibling Assassins named Evie and Jacob Frye as they rally to overthrow the Templars in power. Developed by Ubisoft Québec for the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Assassin's Creed: Victory. Could be a good one?

TJUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I didn't buy or play Assassin's Creed Unity because of the reviews and issues it had. But I still want to play a good Assassin's Creed game, maybe Victory will be it? This time next year it will be two years since Black Flag. I for one will be ready to get back in at that point.

Think back to the Black Flag announcement. Everyone rolled their eyes because of the game play and story telling of Assassin's Creed III. But Black Flag took everyone by surprise by actually being pretty good. Let's hope the same thing happens with Victory. This time a new studio is leading the project. I'm willing to give them a fair shake.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If Ashraf Ismail is directing it i'm sure it will be a great game and nowhere near the mess that Unity was.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

Wait, they've already announced next fall's Assassin's Creed?

Edit: managed to miss Patrick's article but saw this thread.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It could be a good game.

Or it could be a not good game.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wait for the reviews. How hard is that?

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The video game may be good. The video game may be bad. The video game may be average. The video game may not function.

I was able to tell you all of these things just based on the fact that it exists alone, but unfortunately I am unable to come up with anything else, sir.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bargainben

@corevi said:

corevi says no speculating at the game forum, only talk about reviews. But reviews speak for themselves. Just don't talk.

It'll be nice to not have a flintlock pistol anymore. I don't want to play some game tester or whatever in the modern world, they need to actually do something significant there again. They've put it off for long enough.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Corevi
    @bargainben said:

@corevi said:

corevi says no speculating at the game forum, only talk about reviews. But reviews speak for themselves. Just don't talk.

At the very least wait for actual information. All there is right now is a screenshot/concept art, a (possibly not final) title and a setting.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The stuff on Kotaku sounds pretty cool. It could very well wind up being to ACU what ACIV was to ACIII, even so, it's a worrying trend with one year being like some sort of sketchy beta release and the next being the polished product everyone wants.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AlexGBRO

hmm it could be a turning point in AC series, not sure if it will lead in better AC games or the series will take a long break after Victory

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm guessing they'll continue with the sage's storyline at some point soon, so I'm gonna think sure. DX 12, or bust.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's when you know your franchise has a problem: When basically every new release in it now elicits "Oh, hey, maybe this one will be good?"

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chiablo

I find it a little strange that the corpse of AC:Unity isn't even warm yet and people are speculating on how good the subsequent annual release will be.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I mean... most things have the potential to be good.

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, or it could be shit aswell. Lot of Victorian London based games next year, I can already tell there is going to be some dodgy accents. Can't wait!

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiablo: Yeah, I found it quite crass to be honest. Still, it was a leak though and not an announcement.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Unity was already a great game. It was just victim to one of those internet lynching parties where everyone suddenly dog piles on a certain game or company or whatever and just blows all the issues that said game/company did face way out of proportion.

@chiablo said:

I find it a little strange that the corpse of AC:Unity isn't even warm yet and people are speculating on how good the subsequent annual release will be.

You do realize that the games are not made annually right? Unity was in development for 3 years... Victory most likely started pre-production sometime in 2012.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By Humanity

Unity was already a great game. It was just victim to one of those internet lynching parties where everyone suddenly dog piles on a certain game or company or whatever and just blows all the issues that said game/company did face way out of proportion.

@chiablo said:

You do realize that the games are not made annually right? Unity was in development for 3 years... Victory most likely started pre-production sometime in 2012.

Also I don't have any real numbers to cite here, but I'm pretty sure Unity probably sold well.

Destiny, universally acclaimed by the internet as the third worst game ever made (the first being Unity and second being Custers Revenge) sold really well. So I don't know if it's a 'corpse' per se.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

This series is still borderline identical to Assassin's Creed II and how old is that game? It's impossible for this series to be 'good' to me because they keep releasing the same game, the same tropes, the same jank, the same awful combat and the same framework. I'm never buying one of these again until they make significant changes in multiple areas.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They need to cut the bloat, cut the scriptedness of everything and get back to a purer, more simulation based experience.

Here's your toolset, this is your target, here are various ways to locate and gather info on your target (introduce blatant ripoff of Nemesis like system with informants, double agents, guard captains etc. showing how they all tie together in relation to your target/s), get it done however you want.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really happy about this. This gen is shaping up to be a Victorian fan's dream, haha.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

You know it's gotta be good because it's called Victory. I mean, it's not called Assassin's Creed: Mediocrity.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Regardless of the quality of these games as of late, I still find immense satisfaction in exploring the settings Ubisoft creates. Not necessarily $60 worth every game, but enough to always check them out and have at least some modicum of fun a while after release for cheap. I think Victorian England sounds neat.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo: Have you played Unity? It is waaaaaay less scripted than the last few Assassins games have been. Around 75% of the main story campaign missions are just very open assassination missions where they basically say "Your target is in this building/area, go get 'em".

It's led to a lot of me creeping around on rooftops to scope out the situation and find my target, slowing picking of snipers one by one, searching for secret entrances, sneaking up on my target and knifing him, then blending into a crowd and walking off unnoticed. Basically all the things that made the first few Assassins game great. And they've made the combat system actually be moderately difficult again so you can't just chain kill 30 guys so you are actually incentivised to use stealth.

The unfortunate thing about the few bugs the game had a launch (of which I've experienced none in 40 hours of play) is that the internet just took a huge shit on the game and convinced everyone it's terrible but it's really the best game in the series since Assassins Creed II.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SomberOwl

@chiablo said:

Finally a voice of reason. I came here to say something similar. I've played both of this years Assassins Creed games and have enjoyed them immensely. Here we have people who haven't played the game and only read reviews and heard of the bugs the game has discussing if the next AC game might actually be good.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@face15 said:

@jimbo: Have you played Unity? It is waaaaaay less scripted than the last few Assassins games have been. Around 75% of the main story campaign missions are just very open assassination missions where they basically say "Your target is in this building/area, go get 'em".

It's led to a lot of me creeping around on rooftops to scope out the situation and find my target, slowing picking of snipers one by one, searching for secret entrances, sneaking up on my target and knifing him, then blending into a crowd and walking off unnoticed. Basically all the things that made the first few Assassins game great. And they've made the combat system actually be moderately difficult again so you can't just chain kill 30 guys so you are actually incentivised to use stealth.

The unfortunate thing about the few bugs the game had a launch (of which I've experienced none in 40 hours of play) is that the internet just took a huge shit on the game and convinced everyone it's terrible but it's really the best game in the series since Assassins Creed II.

I second this 100% Unity was great and the internet loves to complain.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm just sick of AC games. It has nothing to do with the settings, the mission designs, etc. Each game has changes, yes, but they are mostly the same basic formula. I'm just tired of third person action in general. The exception is GTA V, because I like to screw around in the huge world. But I don't enjoy collecting feathers, following a target without alerting them, or climbing a tower to unlock an area. My tastes have changed since AC 3. And I include Infamous: SS and Watch_Dogs in that.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Oscar Wilde was an Assassin this entire time! And if he's not then Ubisoft can delete everything they've built for this game now.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@bargainben: I feel like they've sort of missed the boat on making the real world portion as cool as it could have been. They had an interesting meta-story leading up the it but then they went the forever-sequel direction with the franchise so I can't see them going there.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lysergica33

I think Unity was an absolutely fucking wonderful game... FOR the construct of AC games, at least. At this point, I've learned to temper my expectations of the franchise. They're like the primo example of everything wrong with bloated, shitty open world game design, but I also feel like there's... Just something about AC. Some weird magic spark that makes it still worth playing, at least to me personally. Unity ramped up some of those issues, but I also feel like it nailed the core things. Stealth is actually relevant in AC again, the free-running looks and feels great and is empowering, especially in conjunction with Paris as a setting, the music and general vibe is deeper, darker and more grounded, much more like the older games... So I feel as though they did as well as they could with all the corporate bullshit that must come down from on high.

Victorian London though? Fucking hook me up to an IV and drip feed me that shit man. For real. I'm so on board already.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Much like Unity, I am intrigued by the setting. I'm hopeful at the very least.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The series has a history of shitting the bed when they debut a new engine (1, 3, Unity). The second game after release has always been regarded as the better version (ACII, AC: Black Flag). I assume it is because the dev tools for working on the tech have been ironed out and are better understood. I hope that this holds true for Assassin's Creed Victory as well.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

The key to happiness in life is to always expect or be prepared for the worst. That way you will almost always be positively surprised. The same is most certainly true for this game. I expect it to be poop and so should most of you considering how greedy Ubisoft have become with this franchise. They are to busy pumping out new games to ever really make any meaningful changes. They would more or less have to reinvent Assasin's Creed at this point to make me interested again and I don't think that's going to happen.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@liquidprince said:

@chiablo said:

Also I don't have any real numbers to cite here, but I'm pretty sure Unity probably sold well.

Destiny, universally acclaimed by the internet as the third worst game ever made (the first being Unity and second being Custers Revenge) sold really well. So I don't know if it's a 'corpse' per se.

And corpses get cold, not warm. They start warm. Unless it's the corpse of a lizard person hurdling ever closer to the sun.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

I hope so .

flakmunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe, right now I'm still too butthurt about Unity to even entertain the idea of another AC, and just seeing anything about it is just salt in the wound as I wait for them to (maybe) fix the game I paid for. I'm not usually one to care about trading games anymore because I now fall on the "Have money for games but no time to play them" end of the spectrum but if theres one thing this season has taught me it was that I need to flip on the "digital only" decision I made when this new gen came along because I can't trust any companies to make their games at the very least playable without any major issues. I've since switched back to discs so I have the ability to recoup at least some of my wasted money and that makes me sad :/

At least in Victory the British Accents will make sense

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@face15 said:

That sounds cool. I haven't played it yet but I do have a voucher for either free Unity or Far Cry 4 which I haven't used yet. Hopefully by the time I've slogged through Inquisition, Unity might be all fixed up.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By elko84

I'm hoping it'll be a Victory for Ubisoft.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glitches...can only imagine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.