Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 23, 2015

Set in 1868 London during the Industrial Revolution, players take on the role of sibling Assassins named Evie and Jacob Frye as they rally to overthrow the Templars in power. Developed by Ubisoft Québec for the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Did you know this game is coming out 3-ish days??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

violet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I literally had no idea

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides maybe hearing that there was a Victorian London Assassin's Creed coming some few months ago, this thread is actually the first I've heard of this. I own the first four games, but still haven't gotten around to Brotherhood or Revelations just yet. Two really was a great game.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

There was another thread somewhere around here about how there's very little fare around this game.

I personally am tired of AC games. I think AC4 was the last one I'll play.

It's not that I don't like AC, either. AC1 and AC4 were great. They add so much boring filler to those games I just can't bring myself to care anymore. That and they release too often.

Unless this one comes out to raving insanely good reviews I'll completely ignore it. I'd be perfectly fine playing AC1, 2, or 4 again.

CouldbeRolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, actually no. Mostly because I have zero interest in it. If it turns out to be decent though, I might pick it up in the future. Really liked 2 and Brotherhood. Everything after in the series has just been a bummer to play.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did. I could do with another Assassin's Creed and virtualtouring London, taken that it's a good game. Not exactly holding my breath, but I don't mind being surprised. Wonder if there'll be reviews poppin' up before the release. Or a mention in the Bombcast, if someone got their hands on it already.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By avantegardener

Ha, completely unaware, hype seems super low, and rightfully so, this franchise needs at least a year off, vote with your wallet.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Humanity

Yah, there's a whole thread about it. Also sites like GameSpot are gearing up content for the release.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know something was coming in the AC front but it wasn't till I was watching the football games today and saw a commercial and said "Oh shit! that's right a new AC this week" and I think it hit me afterwards just how much the series has fallen. I used to be so excited for these games.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would hope there are close to zero pre-orders this year and that review copies were sent out / no review embargo AFTER release.

It needs to be felt for Ubisoft.

That said I will pick this up if it seems to work, they toned down uplay, toned down microtransactions, it gets an okay score.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Humanity

@honkalot: Embargo is up today, and you can bet there are tons of pre-orders because people love to pre-order stuff. For every long time fan they lose on this one, theres another person who has never played an AC before and the game will feel fresh and interesting.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had no idea, my interest is pretty much 0, same old crap.

But I bet it'll sell great regardless of the apparent severe lack of hype for it.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did. I am actually looking forward to it. I skipped Unity, I love the time period it takes place, and it gives me more of a Black Flag vibe (not taking itself too serious). Unfortunately it is delayed a month on PC, and it comes out a week after Fallout 4. I'll pick it up at release (as long as it works on PC), and play it in between spending all my time with Fallout.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkboy0: Same here. If it wasn't for those ads I'd have thought it was still coming in a few weeks.

AC is not my series but I feel like this is the first year that I don't know when it's getting released. Same for CoD. I think the main reason behind this is because between MGSV and now Fallout 4, Starcraft 2 and Battlefront I don't have time to acknowledge other games being released even if they are big tent poles like AC and CoD.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.