Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Unity

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

The Assassin's Creed series heads to Paris, France, amid the French Revolution. The player controls Arno Dorian, an Assassin, as he attempts to disrupt and destroy the true powers behind the Revolution.

Co-op worth it?

Cleric22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Ok, let me start from here:

My gaming group (consisting of 2-6 players given the average night) LOVE co-op games, good and bad. We've played almost everything from the old days of Tom Clancy games through the rough times of Tenchu-Z and currently bounce between games like Guild Wars 2, GTA V and Rainbow Six.

I've always liked the mechanics of the AC games even if I think the story is garbage. I've heard good things about AC Syndicate and will check it out, but since AC Unity is on Amazon for 12 dollars, my group and I are wondering if just the co-op content is worth it.

I know that game is super broken (or was) and the story is bad, but I heard the co-op was all right. Any seasoned AC players out there care to chime in? I've played the series intermittently with part of 2 and Black Flag but not much else.

Thanks duders!

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I think Unity gets a bad wrap in the AC franchise. I think now days its substantially less buggy than it was at launch but I really think the emphasis on co-op was their worst in the franchise. I preferred the Wolf Pack mode in AC3 and whatever coop mode they had in Black Flag to this. My issue was when I went to play through the game all the players had moved on so getting into coop missions was difficult. Having said that if you got a group of people to play them with they can be quite fun.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@cleric22 said:

I know that game is super broken (or was) and the story is bad, but I heard the co-op was all right.

I don't know about the PC version, but the PS4 version is definitely fine now. No absurd slowdown, no inside out faces, hell they even basically got rid of all the annoying companion app required content so now you can unlock everything without having to go outside the game. As for the coop, it's ok but there aren't exactly a ton of people playing it. It's the multiplayer mode for arguably the most disliked game in the series, and is now like a year and a half old. Definitely not super popular.

You could definitely buy worse games for 12 bucks these days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.