Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Officially On, Officially Multiplayer

• 102 results
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By spaceturtle
    @Binman88 said:
    " I smell a shitty game in the making! "
    Phew, judging from all the other comments here I thought I was the only one.
    Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

Officially stupid.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By buzz_killington

The parachute makes A LOT of sense. Just think of how many times you dropped from a really high altitude, just to have half your health taken away! It just took me right out of the game so many times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5af497d298d47
    deactivated-5af497d298d47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

looking forward to it... so far i've loved AC1 and AC2

Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By Zaapp1

I don't know how I feel about this series.  I'm always kind of excited at the beginning of each title but bored while playing it.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#56  Edited By fox01313

The multiplayer in this is unique in how it inspires most people not to play it or even try it out over the single player goodness.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Cheapoz

Any haters be damned. I don't understand why more studios, after spending 2 years on the engine, story, characters etc; don't just pump out a new game with those same things 12 months later...

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By TheHBK

huh.  I sure hope that new flying machine is Leonardo's helicopter or the Turtle Blimp. 
    Donatello was around at this time too right? 
    InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By InFamous91

Can't wait to see what else is in sort. 

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By DystopiaX

all the parachutes and shit seem to be dumber and dumber. Don't know how i feel about the MP either. It's like bioshock- it didn't need one.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By HadesTimes

So it's a class based multiplayer? Is this going to look like Bioshock 2's? Cause there just isn't a future there.  The single player sounds great though.  I can't wait to see more...

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By DoctorWelch

I loved Assassins Creed 1 and 2 but I'm feeling a little nervous about this game. With everyone knowing the fate of Ezio and his story, I'm not sure a 15 hour campaign is going to be very compelling. I would probably rather have just the multiplayer (with maybe a tiny amount of single player) for a cheaper price like $40. That is, assuming the multiplayer is good. I really hope this game turns out to be AMAZING, but I have a feeling it will just be mediocre.

@morose said:

" I'm sad to say it, but until Ubisoft realizes that their PC DRM is draconian and anti-consumer, I won't be buying another product from them.  I really enjoyed AC 2 on the 360, but there are already more good games out than I can possibly find time to play.  Ones that won't kick me out of single player if my net connection is offline.  Ones that don't punish legitimate customers.  I'll just read about what happens in the story online, for free.  I'll spend my $250 of entertainment budget that month on something else. "
    Also, its not anti-consumer, its anti-piracy. As Jeff has said before, they could either put that DRM in the PC games, or not release them on PC (which they probably would be better off doing anyway).
    ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ryoma122

it sounds like an assassins creed version of metal gear solid portable ops

Inane_Asylum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Inane_Asylum

I don't care, as long as it holds me over for AC3 proper...

mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By mzuckerm
    @DoctorWelch said:
    @morose said:
    " I'm sad to say it, but until Ubisoft realizes that their PC DRM is draconian and anti-consumer, I won't be buying another product from them.  I really enjoyed AC 2 on the 360, but there are already more good games out than I can possibly find time to play.  Ones that won't kick me out of single player if my net connection is offline.  Ones that don't punish legitimate customers.  I'll just read about what happens in the story online, for free.  I'll spend my $250 of entertainment budget that month on something else. "
    Also, its not anti-consumer, its anti-piracy. As Jeff has said before, they could either put that DRM in the PC games, or not release them on PC (which they probably would be better off doing anyway). "
    Spoken like someone who wasn't royally boned by Ubisoft's incompetence on AC2.  I'm a consumer, not a pirate, and I can tell you that game was anti-me. 

I wish I could credibly say I wouldn't be buying anything from them again, but I'm a little bit of a whore.  If they put out a good game, I'll probably get it.  I'll just be bitter when their service crashes, or when I can't play the game on the train, etc.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By meteora

How is this supposed to work is beyond me.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By DoctorWelch
    @mzuckerm said:
    " @DoctorWelch said:
    @morose said:
    Also, its not anti-consumer, its anti-piracy. As Jeff has said before, they could either put that DRM in the PC games, or not release them on PC (which they probably would be better off doing anyway). "
    Spoken like someone who wasn't royally boned by Ubisoft's incompetence on AC2.  I'm a consumer, not a pirate, and I can tell you that game was anti-me.  I wish I could credibly say I wouldn't be buying anything from them again, but I'm a little bit of a whore.  If they put out a good game, I'll probably get it.  I'll just be bitter when their service crashes, or when I can't play the game on the train, etc. "
    Yeah, I wasnt royally boned by it because I played the game on a console, the place that the game was designed to be played on. Anymore, it's a privilege to get a game on the PC not made by Blizzard or Valve. Putting a game on the PC is putting the sale or your game, even on the console, at risk. So the question is, would you rather play it with some DRM that is only a little bit annoying (but not really a big deal because why the hell wouldnt you be connected to the internet anyway except in very rare situations), or not play it at all because it doesnt come out on the PC.
    b33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By b33
    @TheHBK said:
    " huh.  I sure hope that new flying machine is Leonardo's helicopter or the Turtle Blimp. Donatello was around at this time too right?  "
    and michael angelo was a paaarty dudddeee
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BraveToaster

Sounds cool. I haven't played AC2... maybe I should start soon.

Yzzerdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Yzzerdd

People underestiamte how shitty Ubi's DRM really is
     http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/02/17/you-maniacs/ 
     http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/03/08/ubisofts-drm-servers-broken-all-day/

SlantedRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SlantedRoom

so i'm kinda confused on this, and bare with me if it's been mentioned a bunch already in the comments cuz i haven't read them, but is this suppose to be Assassins Creed 3 or more like Assassins Creed 2.5...????!
    deadbynature

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deadbynature

oh class based multiplayer. that sounds typical. hopefully they can make it unique.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#73  Edited By yevinorion

I would love if it was more Splinter Cell Conviction style co-op multiplayer.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#74  Edited By 234r2we232
    @deadbynature said:
    " oh class based multiplayer. that sounds typical. hopefully they can make it unique. "
    Because that Assassins Creed franchise has really exemplified "unique" thus far :/.
    Lethkhar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Lethkhar
    @MordeaniisChaos said:
    " Please, Ezio is cool, but he is no Rico. What do they think they are doing? Parachute? Really? I liked the first game because beyond all of the mysticism in the story, the game was fairly grounded. This is just getting further and further from that original style every time. Advanced flying machine? Who wants to bet it won't be some crappy 2 minute sequence, but an old school heli with rocket launchers? The MP stuff is neat, I just wish they would tone the game down a bit on the craziness (like jumping down like 40 feet to assassinate someone when your on a building, using large fires to soar up into the sky, and having dead aim with an instant kill mini pistol strapped to your wrist., etc) "
    Um...Isn't that the reason people play games? If they remove me jumping off a roof to stab someone, to hell with the series.
    WholeFunShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#76  Edited By WholeFunShow

"'Citing! if anyfing!"

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the multiplayer is fun 
    And the doctor/beaked dude looks pretty cool

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By LiquidPrince

Nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Seems awfully quick to release a sequel, but good for them. I'm honestly kinda sick of class-based stuff, hopefully they can do it well, but I have my doubts since it is their first time. More games should have multiplayer integrated into the story, hopefully this game has multiplayer progression.

TheDoubleJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80  Edited By TheDoubleJ

night owl, a loochador, a chick, and an assassin. thats a  great team
    Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Hourai

Yay, I thought the entire thing was going to be multiplayer before. Looks great, although this probably means Assassin's Creed 3 will be delayed an extra year. 

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Andorski

The question still remains: Can I throw money to dem hoes and make it rain bitches?

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SoothsayerGB

3rd player MP is always boring.  Not interesting is this in any way. 

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#84  Edited By Captain_Insano

Colosseum.....sold

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By white

So it's like Metal Gear Portable Ops, minus the Portable?

wonderhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By wonderhare

@hematurge said:

" From left to right: Spy, Medic, Heavy, Scout "

This.
    Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Damian

I'd laugh if there is once again no crossbows. 

I'm a big AC fan, so I'm on 'auto-intrigued'. That said, I'll always be far more excited for a proper AC sequel than a one-off.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By c1337us

Pfft Assassins Creed has done nothing but disapoint with every iteration for me. I couldnt be less interested in this franxhise anymore.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#89  Edited By papercut

Achievements? 

mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#90  Edited By mzuckerm
    @DoctorWelch said:
    " @mzuckerm said:
    " @DoctorWelch said:
    @morose said:
    Spoken like someone who wasn't royally boned by Ubisoft's incompetence on AC2.  I'm a consumer, not a pirate, and I can tell you that game was anti-me.  I wish I could credibly say I wouldn't be buying anything from them again, but I'm a little bit of a whore.  If they put out a good game, I'll probably get it.  I'll just be bitter when their service crashes, or when I can't play the game on the train, etc. "
    Yeah, I wasnt royally boned by it because I played the game on a console, the place that the game was designed to be played on. Anymore, it's a privilege to get a game on the PC not made by Blizzard or Valve. Putting a game on the PC is putting the sale or your game, even on the console, at risk. So the question is, would you rather play it with some DRM that is only a little bit annoying (but not really a big deal because why the hell wouldnt you be connected to the internet anyway except in very rare situations), or not play it at all because it doesnt come out on the PC. "
    You just said so many absurd things I'm not sure where to start.  Lots of companies manage to put games out on the PC, and make money in the process (Bioware, for one, in addition to those you mention).  Everyone else besides Ubisoft is able to do this without reaming their own customers out.  Ubisoft DRM is not just "a little bit annoying".  You seem to think that the situation you find yourself in is the situation EVERYONE finds themselves in.  I am obligated to travel a lot, so I regularly find myself without consistent Internet access.  What Ubisoft is doing is crippling legitimate copies of their  software.  Keep in mind, their purpose was to make it harder for non-paying customers to play their games.  Well, it took a couple weeks, but the game got cracked anyway.  Meaning they didn't accomplish their goal and still managed to bone their own user base in the process.
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#91  Edited By armaan8014

When did this happen?

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By illmatic19

So is this AC3?

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#93  Edited By project343
    @SteamPunkJin said:
    " I said it on Kotaku and I'll say it again here: No more Ezio! We had a good thing going hopping around different time periods. I had always assumed the final chapter would have us taking up the role of Desmond Miles in the modern world - I guess that means we're in for a Saga and not a Trilogy.  "
    Did you play Assassin's Creed 2? 

The ending suggested that there would be many, many more games.
    Bandit_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Bandit_Fox

I just wonder how it's going to fit into the story. I mean... how is multiplayer going to take place within Desmond's head? Does he develop split personalities? :P

whitehowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By whitehowler

Awesome!

Assassin's Creed 2 is one of the best games I've played in recent memory (it would have won my best of 2009 if not for Dragon Age), so I'm excited to see something else coming out using the same era and backstory.

Unlike a lot of people, I'm not the least bit tired of Ezio, and I'd like to see the conclusion of his story.  I'm sure AC3 will move forward with a different setting and cast of characters, so one last visit to renaissance Italy should be amazing.

The "15-hour" part is a little disturbing; what did Ubisoft claim for AC2?  My playthrough took around 28 hours, but that was with 100% memory sync.  I hope they're not using multiplayer to justify a shorter length (especially if this is a full-price game), since I doubt I'd play online much.  Unless of course there's a good co-op mode.  And I don't mean "team up and assassinate this dude", I mean playing through entire story chapters with friends.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#96  Edited By flaminghobo

I look forward to seeing how this'll play out. I've often discussed how Assassin's Creed could implement multiplayer.

v2xJFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By v2xJFresh

HES GOT A CROSSBOW ON HIS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

MagikGimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By MagikGimp

Loving the Black Death doctor character complete with 'beak' stuffed with herbs and spices to ward off the Plague.
    ryuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ryuken

oh man, I rarely do this but I quit playing ACII at the puzzle room for the last piece of special armor, i couldnt believe they would introduce a move "the wall run" at the same time your suppose to use it while on a timer, fuck that.  

you mean I could have been using the wall run that whole time, so now i have to learn something new use it to get around this very silly room and I'll be timed while doing it= Lame. I traded that bitch right in, you almost had me AC.......almost.  luckily i never played the first one.
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

AWESOME!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.