Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Is Assassins Creed: Brotherhood a proper PC Game?

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jasta

I haven't played it on PC but it doesn't seem like the kind of game I'd want to play with Mouse and Keyboard. I'm pretty sure it will look fantastic though.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Rattle618

I finished it on PC a couple of days ago, I had it all maxed out and it looked pretty amazing, but I've never seen it on consoles so I can't compare it for you. 
    Performance was fine, framerates are persistent and I had no issues with it at all, but of course we all know that can change depending on your rig.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DeeGee

Is it a proper PC game? Well, it's a game and it comes out on PC.

If you're asking about the quality of the game in comparison to the console versions, then it's poor.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By alternate

It is a high res port - like the last 2.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jimbo
    @DeeGee said:
    " Is it a proper PC game? Well, it's a game and it comes out on PC.  If you're asking about the quality of the game in comparison to the console versions, then it's poor. "
    How so?
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mikemcn

I haven't played Brotherhood, but Assassins Creed 1 and 2 both ran fine and were fun to play, so theres a precedent for the port being decent, in two the keys that actions were mapped to appeared, as Xbox buttons which was annoying. But thats all I can really think of. 

The only major negative is that Assassins Creed doesn't play well with a keyboard, you have to hold down various keys continuously which can be awkward for your hands. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i guess its like AC2 - a pretty good port

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By sameeeeam

It doesn't really strike me as a mouse and keyboard kind of game.

Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joru

I've played AC1 and AC2 on the xbox and brotherhood on my PC so I can compare the two versions. 

Basically, it's business as usual: the console version is more comfortable to control (even though the pc version isn't bad at all, far better than I was expecting) and the pc version looks way better, mostly due to the higher resolution and cleaner textures. It doesn't look that much better that you should get the pc version over the xbox one, but it is nice if you've got a pc to handle the resolutions (not sure if it's well optimized or not, runs fine on my HD5770). 

If you only have a pc and want to play it then I highly recommend it, it's a great game and doesn't have the incredible annoyances of some ports.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By warxsnake
    @DeeGee said:

" Is it a proper PC game? Well, it's a game and it comes out on PC.  If you're asking about the quality of the game in comparison to the console versions, then it's poor. "

This dumbass conclusion. How did you get to it? 

@Underachiever007 said:
    " It doesn't really strike me as a mouse and keyboard kind of game. "
    The guy asked whether it's a good PC game, not whether its better to play with a controller or keyboard and mouse.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Marz

reading steam forums, alot of people saying it runs better than AC2 if that sheds any light.

Taklulas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Taklulas

I had no problems with it  on PC, same with AC2.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By emem
    @DeeGee said:

You couldn't be more wrong. I'm playing it on the PC right now (with a PS3 gamepad) and it's running perfectly fine. I've also seen someone play it on the 360 and the PC version is superior in every possible way, as long as you've got a max 2-3 year old PC that is. 

I've read about a few multiplayer issues at launch, but I am planing on finishing the singleplayer first so I can't really say how that turned out.. but I'm sure it will be or already has been fixed. 

@HarryR0se: It looks great and it plays great with a gamepad.. don't know about mouse and keyboard though. I'm running it with a gtx 275 on a quadcore with max settings (without aa) and it runs smoothly.
    chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By chickdigger802

80+ fps AC is amazing. Way better than the stuttery 360 version. And it has full native 360 controller support with all the right buttons and stuff. 

Also comes with the dlc. Definite version I say.

Skunkboy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Skunkboy72
    @warxsnake said:

@Underachiever007 said:

The guy asked whether it's a good PC game, not whether its better to play with a controller or keyboard and mouse. "
    I'm pretty sure one of the major components of PC games are the fact that they offer the mouse and keyboard.  So how controls translate to them are mighty important.

I'm playing it on my PC with a XBOX 360 controller.  Just as I have for all the AC games on the computer.  I haven't tried it with mouse and keyboard, but I can suspect that it wouldn't really feel all too good.  It does come in handy for the subject 16 stuff though. 

@chickdigger802 said:

Also comes with the dlc. Definite version I say. "

This.  if you don't care about the 'digital deluxe' things you get the DLC included in the $50.  Also it's $50(at least on steam) like most PC games!

Graphics wise I'm running it at 1680  x 1050 all on high with 2 AA.  There are some random times when the frame rate dips, usually in wide open areas with lots of people.  I have a GTX 260, 6GB ram and a 920 i7.
    alekso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By alekso

AC:B looks awesome on pc and playing with mouse and keyboard is fine.  Just finished and loooooooved it.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Tennmuerti

AC1 and AC2 were very well made for the PC.
    Ran and played fine with much better then console counterpart graphics.
    I have played them on 360 too.

Actualy contrary to popular belief AC series controlls very well with mouse/keyboard. The direct fast camera control with the mose is a great plus during free run segments.
    That said you can also plug in a contoller with the PC version too.

Personaly only played Brotherhood on PS3
    People are saying that AC:B is just as well done on PC as AC1 and AC2.
    So it's safe to assume it's better then console versions just like before.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By warxsnake
    @Skunkboy72: At this point I think of it this way: 

Multiplatform games that work exactly as they should with a controller on PC: Essential. 
    Multiplatform games that work with KM on PC: A good bonus.  
    Exclusive PC games that work exactly as they should with a KM: Essential. 
    Exclusive PC games that have controller support: Excellent.  

The controller is part of PC gaming (and has been forever). Since multiplatform games constitute 90% of releases these days, then your primary method of input is the controller, and games, that are mulitplatform, should be judged with that in mind on the PC which is one of your platforms.  
    The fact that some multiplatform games have good KM support is a great bonus, but its not a requisite. 
    If a multiplatform game has terrible controller support on PC, then its a shit game, because its primary input method is not supported. 
    WIndows 8 should ship with an xbox controller. But then again, Microsoft is fucking retarded, what the hell was I thinking. 
    TheChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheChaos
    @Taklulas said:
    " I had no problems with it  on PC, same with AC2. "
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sameeeeam
    @warxsnake said:
    " @DeeGee said:

This dumbass conclusion. How did you get to it? 

@Underachiever007 said:
    The guy asked whether it's a good PC game, not whether its better to play with a controller or keyboard and mouse. "
    Considering how much the OP seems to care about the PC platform I went ahead and assumed he would care about how it plays with a mouse and keyboard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.