Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Is the PS3 version crap or is my PS3 broken?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Venatio

So I've been playing this game on my PS3 for awhile now but everytime I'm in the Animus and alot of stuff is going on the framerate turns to shit and there is horrible pop-in everywhere, it happens from time to time

Anyone experience something similar? Can I fix this somehow? Oh and it doesn't really happen in anything else, alittle in InFamous 2

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I had no problems with the PS3 version.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I never had any problems.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By jkuc316
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    I never had any problems.
    Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By awesomeusername

Must be your PS3.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

@BulletproofMonk said:

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DeF

@AlexW00d said:

@BulletproofMonk said:

same. your PS3 is f'd up

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ninjakiller

Your PS3 is fucked.  It ran perfectly on mine. 

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe the machine is just getting too hot. Slap some ice packs on that thing and see if it still sucks afterwards.

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By guanophobic

I had the exact same problem on the PS3, and my maschine is far from "fucked". Don't worry.

My guess is that some are more prone to notice these kind of problems than others. I do especially now that I've converted to a full-on gaming PC, going back to some titles on consoles recently almost made my eyes water. I'm guessing it's something you don't notice unless you're used to something better.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM
    @Venatio: Yeah, I have had the same problem. When you're running through the city chasing after someone as others are chasing you, a few times the game froze on me just after it was extremely choppy. Don't worry, it's the game. That's pretty much the only thing I truly hate in the game. I feel like playing all of the games all over again on the 360, but I started Assassin's Creed on PS3, and I'm going to finish it on PS3.  

It has happened a few times like I said, but it's not often (though not rare either). I think it has to be all the PS3 versions, and those that say it isn't must have not experienced the game enough or something. I don't imagine that only some people's versions are unfortunate. When it comes to Assassin's Creed Revelations, the one thing I think needs to be improved more than anything is the frame-rate, on the PS3 that is.
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Three0neFive
    @guanophobic said:

I had the exact same problem on the PS3, and my maschine is far from "fucked". Don't worry.

My guess is that some are more prone to notice these kind of problems than others. I do especially now that I've converted to a full-on gaming PC, going back to some titles on consoles recently almost made my eyes water. I'm guessing it's something you don't notice unless you're used to something better.

Yeah, the problem with these kinds of threads is people have different standards when it comes to what looks "bad" (or what counts as a glitch, etc). To some people 30 FPS may be perfectly fine, and to others it might seem completely unplayable.

Sort of pisses me off when people jump on the OP like that; "oh I didn't think it was that bad, I guess my PS3 is superior to your shitty broken PS3". I know that's not how it was meant, but people who say that come off as smug assholes.
    guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By guanophobic

@Three0neFive: To be fair, the "I can see something you can't" argument comes off kinda smug aswell. Even though it's more of a blessing not noticing these kind of thingsimho:)

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Bribo

It's all relative.

For instance, I haven't been able to join a single game - so I'd say it's working spectacularly well for you.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By sagesebas

The fps go down on big chases

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By FoxxFireArt

My problem with game on the PS3 is with online play only. I love the single player, but the multiplayer just just broken for me. I try to start any game, and if it fails. It not only kicks me back to the main menu, but it disconnects my PS3's internet connection. This is the only online game that this has happened to me.

It makes to so frustrating to try and play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.