Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

NO SPOILERS - Am I the only one who enjoys the fiction?

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By rjaylee

I've played AC1, 2, and Brotherhood and I really enjoy the fiction. Not necessarily about Ezio's specific ventures through Italy, but more from Desmond's side and the everlasting fight between the Templars and the Assassins.

I'm no conspiracy follower by any means, but I just LOVE hearing all the crazy fucking conspiracies that they present in the entire AC series that are perpetrated by the Templars throughout history. 

Absolute love that...

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Mrskidders

Im sure there are a few others out the 6.7 billion that are partial to it as well.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By sarahsdad
    @heatDrive88: I love the way they take real-world events, and tie that in to the Templars vs. Assassins, or just the Templars trying to control everything. I'm not too far into the subject 16 stuff on brotherhood, but the example from the previous game where  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
     is one of the ones that stands out to me.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan
    @Mrskidders said:
    "Im sure there are a few others out the 6.7 billion that are partial to it as well."

This.  Stop putting those incredibly lame "Am I the only one?..." comments in thread titles.  They make you seem incredibly stupid.  Of course you're not the only fucking one.  Christ.
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By owl_of_minerva

The answer is no, because the storytelling is very ambitious and mostly well-executed in Assassin's Creed. The creative sf premise, political intrigue, etc. are something rarely seen in gaming.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HitmanAgent47

These are not fiction, templars really existed and the game is a metaphor.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By TheHT
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

"
    Metaphor for what?
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Venatio

The story is the biggest reason I play these games, the gameplay and style is awesome but the story is mindblowing sometimes

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @TheHT: i'm talking about abstergo, since they control politics, pharmacy, products, everything else. They are saying the templar order went into hiding and didn't dissapear, rather reemerged at a later time when the french king rounded up all of them. Perhaps to overthrow the french at the french revolution. After they regrouped they started the freemasons, which was mentioned near the ending of assassin's creed brotherhood for the symbols. Abstergo is suppose to be that powerful organisation behind the scenes.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By zombie2011

Yeah, i'm guessing you're the only one.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By MachoFantastico

Love the Assassins Creed franchise, and that includes the lore. Bravo to Ubisoft Montreal for having the balls to do something fascinatingly different. To be fair I adored the original game and knew it would be something special. All the conspiracy theory stuff, including the puzzles and truth videos are mouth watering to me, and I love how detailed they go. Haven't finished Brotherhood just yet (even though I've put in countless hours) and would be playing it now weren't it for the Animus glitch (FIX IT UBISOFT). But I can't wait to see where it goes and what the future will hold for the franchise.  

My only really concern is Patrice Desilets leaving the studio and the franchise, he is such a key figure for that game. Having said that, I'm know there's a damn talented team at Ubisoft Montreal. But no, your not alone. I adore it. 

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By cstrang

I enjoy it, although it seems to be a little Lost-y...  meaning that I worry that not even the writers know where to go with it next, much less how to wrap things up and give us all the answers we really need.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there was one thing about AC I would change, its the dumbass Desmond stuff. I don't like any of that at all.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rjaylee
    @Brendan said:

" @Mrskidders said:

"Im sure there are a few others out the 6.7 billion that are partial to it as well."

This.  Stop putting those incredibly lame "Am I the only one?..." comments in thread titles.  They make you seem incredibly stupid.  Of course you're not the only fucking one.  Christ. "
    Cripes, calm the fuck down. INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS, BRO. The title of the thread was merely to evoke the idea that the opinion I held was NOT of populist belief, not the actual intention that I believed I was the only person with the said single opinion. My reason for this is because I've heard from many sources of opinion that they simply don't give a damn about the Assassins Creed fiction, and simply don't have any interest for it and it's wacky conspiracy theory spewing-machine, so I wanted to know the general opinion of how others here felt about it.

Otherwise please, go ahead, be more of an asshole for no good reason.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By ProfessorEss

Yeah, I do too. The original really had me wondering why they felt the need to go this route - but the sequel, and Brotherhood have totally sucked me in.

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hexx462
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " Yeah, I do too. The original really had me wondering why they felt the need to go this route - but the sequel, and Brotherhood have totally sucked me in. "
    I was very cold on the sci-fi elements of the story in AC1, and I'm pretty big on sci-fi in general. Once I got to playing AC2 I warmed up to it a little and it had me engrossed by the end. While I don't find the storytelling itself to be top notch the concepts and their commitment to going through with their ideas deserves praise. It also helps that the design/fiction for the Desmond sections gets better as the games go on, they were kind of dreadful in AC1.
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Lukeweizer

Why do people make these "Am I the only one..." threads. Are they so self centered they think they're the only ones who like certain things? Why don't they phrase the question is like "Does anyone else like..."

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @hexx462 said:

...their commitment...

I think that is the key reason I'm willing to buy into it. It feels like they're really going for it, full-speed and head-first. 

Even when the writing falters, their confidence in the concept just seems to come through in the game somehow. 
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShaneDev

I like the universe of Templars vs Assassins and all the conspiracy stuff.  I enjoyed the actual story a bit more in the first game when it was kinda religious and the way the game used that but I didn't really like the stuff they introduced at the end of AC2. Its fine but I kinda want to see where they go with it.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I hated the story for both I and II. And Ezio was a douchebag. 

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hexx462
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " I hated the story for both I and II. And Ezio was a douchebag.  "
    I do not get the Ezio hate. I think he's a great character, if anything he has a freaking personality unlike Altair La-Bland.
    Avatar image for mightymayormike
    MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MightyMayorMike

I thoroughly enjoy it myself. They definitely went the extra mile trying to craft a global (maybe galactic?) conspiracy that spans the ages. The first game felt a little lazy with its subject matter -- and Altair's accent took me right out of it -- but the second and Brotherhood have really given me an interest for that period of Italy.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#23  Edited By Jazz
    @TheHT said:

" @HitmanAgent47 said:

"

"
    Metaphor for what? "
    oh god...you just had to ask didn't you? 

edit: People hate Ezio? Why? Ezio is your average 'I just saw most of my family get hanged in Renaissance Italy' kinda guy. Is it because he's not voiced by Nolan North?
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Azteck

God  I fucking love this series. MORE I SAY.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#25  Edited By jaqen_hghar

I love the story. The way they manage to bunch in a lot of historical happenings and people, puzzles and crazy codes, reality and fiction... it works very well, and makes the games even more enjoyable to play. And while it did seem like they kinda made it up for each game as they made them, it now seems like they have had a general storyline to follow all along. Not beaten Brotherhood yet, but from what I have played so far it seems the story is pretty damned good all in all.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rjaylee
    @hexx462 said:
    " @FancySoapsMan said:
    " I hated the story for both I and II. And Ezio was a douchebag.  "
    I do not get the Ezio hate. I think he's a great character, if anything he has a freaking personality unlike Altair La-Bland. "
    I don't know if I'd specifically call Altair bland, but I think his character wasn't fleshed out or explained nearly as well as Ezio in comparison. To be fair, I thought the inclusion of Altair in the dream sequences and the minor entries in the codexes of AC2 was a nice touch, but not nearly enough to really give more background on him previous to the events of AC1.
    Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Cwaff

I love the whole conspiracy theory story thing, hence my love for Assassins Creed and Deus Ex.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Jeust

I like the story very much, but I've accepted the fact that I will hardly see it to the end. The repetitive nature of the gameplay and number of sequels it will encompass the franchise are making increasingly harder continue following.

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hexx462
    @heatDrive88 said:

I don't know if I'd specifically call Altair bland, but I think his character wasn't fleshed out or explained nearly as well as Ezio in comparison. To be fair, I thought the inclusion of Altair in the dream sequences and the minor entries in the codexes of AC2 was a nice touch, but not nearly enough to really give more background on him previous to the events of AC1. "

I just found him boring, but you are right that the story didn't really give him a chance to do much beyond just take missions and kill people. 
    eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By eristocrat

I REALLY like the subject 16 stuff but I find a lot of the rest of the story pretty meh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.