Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

So what do you guys love and hate about the online.

• 81 results
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By CL60
    @Akrid said:

" @CL60:  That is frustrating but I think it's necessary. Two things:  First, In chases it's really important. The alternative is getting within a foot of your target, which is unfair since you'd have to shadow you're targets movements more then perfectly to get a kill.  Second, It's also unfair for a hunter to do the work to find you in a crowd and be robbed of a decent kill because you can run away too easily. In a situation like that, the hunter already earned the points by getting pretty damn close to you in the first place. "

I disagree. It's easy to get close to your target, especially if you start running when you're really close, it's kind of unfair that you can warp from 5 feet away and stab the guy you're hunting. You shouldn't be rewarded for that, it was impossible for the person to actually do anything, even if he seen you coming. There has been numerous times where I seen the guy hunting me, but I could do literally nothing to stop him from killing me. (Unless I had smoke bombs)
    swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By swamplord666
    @Akrid: but on the same end if you see the pursuer a dozen feet away in front of you and for some reason you can't bolt immediately in the opposite direction because of the animation time for you to turn around + that 5 foot warp distance, it's pretty annoying.  
    Also alot of the time it's not even a jump assassination animation, it's a standing one which means they slowed down. You should be able to bolt if they do that.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By damswedon

I hate that I can't just search for all types of one match regardless of if it is ranked or not.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Akrid
    @CL60: But you aren't rewarded for that. The game isn't about kills, it's the quality of them. If you start running towards your target you'll only get a silent bonus at best. If someone gets a 100-200 point kill on me, I consider that a minor victory. If someone starts running towards me as soon as they identify me, they're playing the game wrong and their rank at the end of the game reflects that. Well, unless everyone is playing the game wrong. Then I'm usually last and the top guy wins with 1000 points total.

@swamplord666: I totally agree it's frustrating, but it's not unearned. If your pursuer gets within a dozen feet and identifies you, then he's won and he deserves what he gets, which would in all likelyhood be less then what he would get if he had been 5 feet away. There's a certain distance where you should stop thinking of how to completely shut-out your opponent and start thinking about how to lessen what he gains from killing you. You've got to fuck up his plan somehow, the game is balanced well enough to reward people who go for incognito kills greater then those who go for silent.

Well, that's just how I play the game. Therein lies the polarizing qualities the game has. It's really hard to determine if you're actually playing in the way the game was meant to be played. And if you have contrasting ideas about that in a single match, often times everything goes to shit.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By CL60
    @Akrid said:

" @CL60: But you aren't rewarded for that. The game isn't about kills, it's the quality of them. If you start running towards your target you'll only get a silent bonus at best. If someone gets a 100-200 point kill on me, I consider that a minor victory. If someone starts running towards me as soon as they identify me, they're playing the game wrong and their rank at the end of the game reflects that. Well, unless everyone is playing the game wrong. Then I'm usually last and the top guy wins with 1000 points total.

@swamplord666: I totally agree it's frustrating, but it's not unearned. If your pursuer gets within a dozen feet and identifies you, then he's won and he deserves what he gets, which would in all likelyhood be less then what he would get if he had been 5 feet away. There's a certain distance where you should stop thinking of how to completely shut-out your opponent and start thinking about how to lessen what he gains from killing you. You've got to fuck up his plan somehow, the game is balanced well enough to reward people who go for incognito kills greater then those who go for silent.

Well, that's just how I play the game. Therein lies the polarizing qualities the game has. It's really hard to determine if you're actually playing in the way the game was meant to be played. And if you have contrasting ideas about that in a single match, often times everything goes to shit. "

It's not as hard as you're making it out to be to get close to somebody. The radar points directly at the person. Unless you're playing Advanced. It doesn't matter if they get less points for it. It shouldn't happen.
    Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Akrid
    @CL60 said:
    It's not as hard as you're making it out to be to get close to somebody. The radar points directly at the person. Unless you're playing Advanced. It doesn't matter if they get less points for it. It shouldn't happen. "
    If they're a decent player the hard part is identifying them.

I don't see why it shouldn't matter. I look at it as noobtubing: It's cheap as hell but you'll never win a game doing it.
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By fwylo
    @trophyhunter:  I feel like you're being ridiculously uptight about this for no reason.  Get off your high level 40 horse and realize that these are just a few opinions.  No one is freaking out here except you.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58  Edited By trophyhunter
    @fwylo said:
    " @trophyhunter:  I feel like you're being ridiculously uptight about this for no reason.  Get off your high level 40 horse and realize that these are just a few opinions.  No one is freaking out here except you. "
    Hey there I'm trophyhunter, you must be new here.
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By fwylo
    @trophyhunter: Been here long enough to know who you are and never seen you flame me like this for no reason.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By trophyhunter
    @fwylo said:
    " @trophyhunter: Been here long enough to know who you are and never seen you flame me like this for no reason. "
    Nothing personal, just business.
    Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#61  Edited By Little_Socrates

I've just learned over time that countering your pursuer only works if you've got the drop on them or have a smoke bomb. Of course, the contrivance in that is that you can't kill your pursuer and can only stun them, but once you accept that I've found that I just adapted my strategy and found it to be fun to set up an advantage on my opponent. 

Other than that, I've got nothing I hate about the multiplayer...I've been enjoying it a lot. I'll enjoy it more when I get eight friends who play as a group with mikes, but for now, it's awesome.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#62  Edited By Jedted

It can be frustrating when your just starting out but if you have a group of friends you can play with then it can be a lot of fun!   
    Avatar image for deactivated-65d51c2303ca6
    deactivated-65d51c2303ca6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@litrock said:
    " Anyone who tries to play the game by running around like a fool and climbing on stuff.  Because you'll invariably get them as your target and have to go up after them and expose yourself and look like a tool. "
    This. It drives me crazy. 
    Stew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#64  Edited By Stew

Just kill a civilian. Bam! New contract.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65  Edited By carlthenimrod

Love the game. Hate the menus and lack of game modes.

I also think that new players are at a huge disadvantage and I can imagine that turning away new players in the future when most veteran players are higher level. They should give you some decent starting perks and abilities.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @carlthenimrod said:
    " Love the game. Hate the menus and lack of game modes.  I also think that new players are at a huge disadvantage and I can imagine that turning away new players in the future when most veteran players are higher level. They should give you some decent starting perks and abilities. "
    I'm surprised to hear you say that. Regarding the latter issue: I was a brand new player - to the game and the series - and I was able to play the multiplayer without any frustration with regards to game balance.  

*As for the first statement: What kind of game modes would you have them add?  

*This is a legitimate question, I'm not being sardonic.
    eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By eristocrat

Seriously stop saying that it is hard to beat higher level players because your perks suck.  I almost never use abilities or perks (honestly the only one I use often is shooting people on rooftops because I hate to climb) and still get podium in over half of the matches I play.  If high level people are beating you a lot it is probably because they understand the game better than you.  

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By carlthenimrod
    @bwmcmaste said:
    " @carlthenimrod said:
    " Love the game. Hate the menus and lack of game modes.  I also think that new players are at a huge disadvantage and I can imagine that turning away new players in the future when most veteran players are higher level. They should give you some decent starting perks and abilities. "
    I'm surprised to hear you say that. Regarding the latter issue: I was a brand new player - to the game and the series - and I was able to play the multiplayer without any frustration with regards to game balance.  

*As for the first statement: What kind of game modes would you have them add?  

*This is a legitimate question, I'm not being sardonic. "
    My issue with newer players is a future concern. A couple of months from now when most players are higher level the game might be impenetrable for newer players. Personally, I'm level 20 something and have been doing alright. But you start with only one ability slot and no perks. So I would imagine newer players getting destroyed even more so then usual in the future. They should at least have a newbies only play-list in the future.

As for game modes, I would like to see some more team based game modes with some kind of objectives. Maybe like a VIP mode or something. I also saw someone mention in another thread they would like a play-list with no abilities or perks. That would be neat.

Like I said before, I love the game. I just hope they blow it out more in the future. It reminds me of Gears of War 1 multi-player because it is so light on the options currently.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Cloudenvy

The only thing that has bothered me so far is the smoke bomb not affecting my pursuers sometimes. 

Other than that I think it's great.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#70  Edited By huntad

I hate that it's not great, and I love that it's not the only part of the game. 

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @carlthenimrod said:

That would be neat. Like I said before, I love the game. I just hope they blow it out more in the future. It reminds me of Gears of War 1 multi-player because it is so light on the options currently. "
    I agree. This is one of the issues I have observed in other games as well. Hopefully Ubisoft can keep this game from going stale.
    Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle
    @Erzs said:
    "

The multiplayer for this game is awesome.  

In fact, I think the only thing I dislike is that someone always chooses the Doctor before me! =[

"
    Haven't played it myself yet, but I love the look of the Doctor more than any other character in the multiplayer.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#73  Edited By falserelic

I've played the multiplayer its pretty fun and unique.It does takes some patience thats for damn sure.I almost went insane after I kept getting killed as soon as I spawned.But once I leveled up my character and unlocked new perks and abilities.The game started to grow on me and I started to really enjoy it.Learning new tactics to take down other players is good fun.  

The only problem I had with this game was getting stalked by the pursers.Its cool to chased down a player while your getting chased by a player.But it can get annoying when you can't really defend yourself from them.You can stun them by tapping O,but alot times the button doesn't respond.So more then likely its best to run and hide from them. 

Blur_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Blur_Fan

I agree, the barrier for entry seems a little odd.  You have to find out the hard way about how to/the benefits of "tagging" contracts, how to NOT rely on counter moves and focus on getting them in your line of sight, and that playing reckless scores you laughable points.    So, definitely needs a better intro/tutorial option.
    Also, the matchmaking system is a bit archaic.  Finding and starting a match is way too cumbersome.

BUT, once you get past that, holy shit this game is great! It is especially great when playing manhunt with a mic-ed up group of friends, using each other to flush out and assassinate/evade fools with strategy. 

Love this MP.  Between this, TF2, Black OPs and NBA Jam......I should be set for a looooooong time.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By trophyhunter

I would like a mode where there is no compass but it's everyone vs. everyone.
    You don't know where they are but if you find them you can get them.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#76  Edited By Oni
    @trophyhunter said:
    " I would like a mode where there is no compass but it's everyone vs. everyone. You don't know where they are but if you find them you can get them. "
    That would be the worst, you could just sit on a bench the entire match and not get killed.

Anyway I love it, except for people who play like idiots by running all the time and climbing all over the place. Also there are some weird bugs. I was in this situation with some people where none of us could kill or stun eachother so we just stood there trying to kill eachother and nothing was happening. Also, once someone presses the kill button, smoke bombs or stuns do nothing, even if they haven't even started the animation yet. PRobably latency stuff but it's annoying.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By HitmanAgent47

It's suprisingly alot more fun than I expected. It's not all that difficult and you really feel like your playing a game of cat and mouse.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Oni said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " I would like a mode where there is no compass but it's everyone vs. everyone. You don't know where they are but if you find them you can get them. "
    That would be the worst, you could just sit on a bench the entire match and not get killed.  Anyway I love it, except for people who play like idiots by running all the time and climbing all over the place. Also there are some weird bugs. I was in this situation with some people where none of us could kill or stun eachother so we just stood there trying to kill eachother and nothing was happening. Also, once someone presses the kill button, smoke bombs or stuns do nothing, even if they haven't even started the animation yet. PRobably latency stuff but it's annoying. "
    They won't get any points then
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Just finished up my first match ever and I have to say that this is a fucking fantastic game. I never once felt like I died due to the game's mechanics, but rather the fact that I just wasn't paying enough attention to the people around me. It's so completely fresh and interesting. It's new. I've never played a game where there is such an overwhelming feeling of power and frailty at the same time. Any little twitch could give you away to your pursuer and anyone of the dozens of NPCs around you could be after your blood. 

God, it's so fucking fulfilling. There is just nothing else like this out there right now. 

Also I finished first, maybe that helped.

eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By eristocrat

I'm with you trophyhunter, that mode would be crazy fun.

Sinkwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#81  Edited By Sinkwater

I wish the lock would work even if they aren't on your screen.  It should stay locked as long as the compass is shining because the way I play I am constantly looking around me for my pursuers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.