Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Some noob MP questions.

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

Please forgive me if these have been asked before but I'm trying to enjoy the MP and I just can't. First and foremost what is with stun? I'm only level 9 and already I can't count how many times I've been in the animation for a stun like I've got it and then bam I'm dead. Apart from the smoke bomb is there any way to defend yourself against players not showing the red triangle? Oh look, there's a player coming at me no red arrow but I know it's a player, I'm fucked no matter what. I tend to play a pretty ground based game so far, but when your target is on a roof is there any good way to get them? I really don't see the sense in revealing myself for a 100 point kill. Is there any counter to poison or are you seriously just screwed? Lastly, what are some good builds to maximise your chances of not getting killed?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Sun is what a hunted person uses to well stun his attacker. However the kill animation is faster and Stun often only works when you surprise of smoke bomb your attacker.  

As for defending yourself. Act like and NPC. If you know its them wait till they get close and drop the smoke bomb.  

I like using morph and smoke bomb to stay alive. 

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Arbie
    @Ferros said:
    " , but when your target is on a roof is there any good way to get them? I really don't see the sense in revealing myself for a 100 point kill.  "
    By this I'm guessing your talking about using hidden gun? When my target is on the roof I'll track them and wait a couple of seconds, if they don't look like they are coming down I get the hell up there and kill them and then immediately get down. I've actually had some pretty funny kills this way.

Getting away from a pursuer. Don't rely on stun. I raged when I first tried using it and it NEVER seemed to hit. Because it doesn't. Kill will always take priority over stun. Instead I run and I hide, even after smoking the nasty person trying to prod me with daggers. 

As for a build I'll have to get back into the game and have a look, in fact it's about time I played that game again!
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

Kill takes priority over stun 100% of the time if the assassin chasing you is not incapacitated  in some way and manages to press "kill" button at any time before or during the stun animation.
    Stun is only viable if your pursuer:
    (a) is disabled (smoke/mute), or
    (b) is surprised, this is usually if they do not know who you are (morph/blender etc)
    (c) trying to poison you, because they have to be really really close, you will get an easy stun, but they will get the poison kill still
    When you get a hang of it and are in the lead stuns can get you a LOT of points. They are key to staying in the lead at higher levels.

There are many many many ways to avoid getting jacked if you know who your pursuer is.
    Easiest method is to run away.  do not be afraid to bail if all your shit is on cooldown
    Other methods include disabling them with Smoke Bomb or Mute, then stunning them, or simply using Charge which stuns as well.
    Further there a a ton of misdirection options, like Morph, Blender perk, standing next to the same NPCs, hiding in hay next to your look alike NPC, Lure, disguise.

Poison can be countered like any assassination with Smoke/Mute but only before they get it on you.

If you are in the lead or top 3,  don't bother chasing roofers, action gravitates towards leading players.
    If people are roofing all the time in a match either get a Gun out or just leave. You still get a 100 without a chase (200 if mid air, which is easy if they are roofing)
    I once got a 900 points Gun kill. (100 kill + 100 aerial + 200 variety + 50 revenge) x 2 loss streak

Some of top level players roll with the following from what I have seen and used myself:

To max points early:
    ability 1: Mute/Smoke
    ability 2: Poison
    perk 1: Lower Cooldowns
    perk 2: Blender
    killstreak: 3 silent (reliable and desent points)
    losstreak: 2x points (if you fall behind this can give mad points and put you back in the game)

After taking lead survivability (same shit but no poison, instead 2 defensive abilities):
    ability 1: Mute
    ability 2: Smoke Bomb
    perk 1: Lower Cooldowns
    perk 2: Blender
    killstreak: 3 silent
    losstreak: 2x points

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Aishan

The game is weighted heavily in favour of high-level players due to a much greater available toolset. It's pretty hard to get into the groove when you're being beat simply because you don't have any methods of fighting back.

One tip I would give to all new people is to play Manhunt in place of Wanted while you are still getting used to the game. In Wanted you constantly have to be both aware of your surroundings and the movement of your target. Manhunt, on the other hand lets you focus on just one, either you're Hunting or you're Blending. Even something as simple as knowing what Persona is after you will let you spot the signs of an attack easier. You'll quickly learn what works and what doesn't in each role and eventually be able to take these skills back into Wanted (with additional toys too due to the extra levels.) and be more capable of holding your own. 

Manhunt is your Wanted training ground. Use it.

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it another go and try some different stuff. It's just so frustrating feeling like you're unable to defend yourself.

Ksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Ksaw

I play very defensively, and stuns are easy to get if you practice. Once you get to first place you'll typically have 3 pursuers on you at a time, so it can be sort of difficult to get kills with three pursuers constantly on your ass.You need to use smoke bombs or the mute perk, which unlocks at level 26. Another part of multiplayer that a lot of people miss out on (I only figured it out recently)  is the whisper. Whenever a pursuer is near you, a light, or sort ambient whisper occurs, and the volume of the whisper increases as you pursuer closes in. You can force your pursuer to reveal themselves by taking off in the direction with the fewest npc's and looking behind you to see who starts to follow once you hear the whispers. A lot of times this will frustrate your opponent causing them to run and thus revealing themselves. Also, watch these:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSquiiddish 
    the guy who makes these videos is incredibly good and you'll learn a lot from watching them.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By X19
    SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SoylentGreen
    @Ksaw said:
    " Another part of multiplayer that a lot of people miss out on (I only figured it out recently)  is the whisper. Whenever a pursuer is near you, a light, or sort ambient whisper occurs, and the volume of the whisper increases as you pursuer closes in. You can force your pursuer to reveal themselves by taking off in the direction with the fewest npc's and looking behind you to see who starts to follow once you hear the whispers. A lot of times this will frustrate your opponent causing them to run and thus revealing themselves. Also, watch these:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSquiiddish the guy who makes these videos is incredibly good and you'll learn a lot from watching them. "
    This! The whispers helped me out to no end, just make sure you have your volume turned up a little more than usual. TheSquiiddish is really, really good, too; his "essence of" videos are great to learn from.

Also, play more Manhunt. Wanted is very difficult if you don't know what you're doing, whereas Manhunt gives you three teammates to roll with. I'm something like level 24-25 and that's still the only mode I play.

Something else I had trouble with was distinguishing my target from NPCs in a crowd; in that case, LOS (line of sight) targeting can be useful. Your target indicator glows when your target is in your camera's view, not your character's, so use that to your advantage. Screen the crowd with a wall/pillar/rooftop until you have a rough idea of who it is.

And please, for the love of God, don't take the gun very often. I hate that goddamn thing, and you'll only usually get 100-200 points per kill. This is a game where you stab dudes!
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aishan
    @SoylentGreen said: 
    This! The whispers helped me out to no end, just make sure you have your volume turned up a little more than usual.   
     As an additional, there's a lot more sound cues than just the whispers. Sound plays a very important role in the higher-level play. Like the whispers, you'll also hear a heart-beat if you're particularly close to your target. This is especially useful if you play the Advanced modes, to counter the less accurate compass. 

There's also some other minor ones to look out for. If your target puts on a Disguise, there's a distinctive "Animus-bleep" sound, so focus more on the compass / line-of-sight marker and don't tunnel vision on the Persona you're hunting. There's also a warning sound if someone has a lock on you with a gun, though usually this means it's too late to avoid it.
    Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sidekick-Trio
    @fwylo:  While I agree with the article you posted I'm pretty sure that's not the link you meant to post. Good read though.
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fwylo
    @Ferros said:
    " @fwylo:  While I agree with the article you posted I'm pretty sure that's not the link you meant to post. Good read though. "
    Hahah oops, I don't know how that happened. Here you go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.