Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

The origin of the Assassins' Brotherhood is.. Palestine ?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Spoilers!

I just finished Sequence 7 where

During Niccolo's speech, he said the motto "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" in arabic, which puzzled me. 
    After playing AC2, we all learned that the brotherhood didnt begin with Altair and Almualim (like we thought while playing AC1), but dates back to multiple centuries ago (Ezio's assassin ancestors came from a variety of pre-crusade locations and eras, as portrayed by the statues in the underground hall in the villa)

So why would Niccolo speak the assassin's motto in Arabic out of all the languages of past Assassins ? does that mean that Altair's arab brotherhood in Palestine were the first of their kind ? but then where do the other pre-crusade assassin brotherhoods fit in ?

Edit: i know all about the Assassins' history, im just saying i got the impression from AC2 that there are many Assassin ancestors dating to way back than just the crusaders
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @AlexW00d said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins "
    yes, being an Israeli and all, i know the history of my homeland.. im talking about the game's version of all this, because in the game's version, they claim the Assassins have been around for longer than just the Crusades 
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AlexW00d
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @AlexW00d said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins "
    yes, being an Israeli and all, i know the history of my homeland.. im talking about the game's version of all this, because in the game's version, they claim the Assassins have been around for longer than just the Crusades  "
    There were people before who operated as assassin's but they wouldn't have had the name, or been part of the order, that's all.
    Kato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Kato

Al-Mualim (and later Altair's) Order was the purest of its kind and was the basis for all modern orders. The dissemination throughout other lands is covered extensively in The Secret Crusade novel, when it is Altair that decides to spread the Order out and makes the Polos (father and uncle of Marco Polo, IIRC) honourary Assassin's.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Ahmad_Metallic: Alamut was part of Persia, which is now Iran. However Al Mualaam, was of Arabic descent and the leader of the split off sect of assassins in Alamut. That is why they speak it in Arabic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.