Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Weekly Rundown - 07/16/12-07/22/12

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Edited By sixtyxcelph

Games this week:

• Game Boy Color - Pokémon: Silver Version
    • Xbox 360 - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    • Playstation 3 - DJ Hero 2

Games! I honestly don't know how many more of these I'll do, as I'm getting tired of it. Once every week since May last year, I'm just getting tired of writing for myself, I guess.

So, mostly, I powered through Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Because I'm tired of playing it but I can't stand to leave a game unfinished. But, mission accomplished, I finished the story. And now it's back on the shelf and I may never touch it again nor play Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I just don't care. I was talking to a friend about this, and I think the reason I'm disliking Brotherhood so much is because it's so much like Assassin's Creed II, which got a lot of leeway because it was the sequel to a game that had a lot of problems. And, as that sort of a sequel, it really shined and impressed. But, the sequel to that is more of the same, and all of the issues really shine through. I've spoken of these issues previously, but, a short recap: the controls are wonky and straight don't work some times. It's especially frustrating near the end of the game. I don't know if this is because I was just sick of it or if it became particularly problematic, but, I was very frustrated. The Leonardo missions are not fun. I played the warship one and the horse-drawn cannon and that was enough for me to know I wanted to avoid those missions. Both involved a shooting mechanic that was imprecise and slow. No fun. The Brotherhood mechanic is still awesome fun, but, obviously not enough to hold the game together. The writing is still fun, Ezio is great and seeing him grow throughout Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was great. The Desmond stuff is still a little weak, and I'm not enjoying the complete cliffhanger endings that these two games have had. And I'll probably never know how Ezio's story ends, because I highly doubt I will ever buy and play Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Here's hoping that Assassin's Creed III fixes some problems and goes back to being fun.

I played a little DJ Hero 2, just to remind myself how much fun it is. I want to see if I can find a soundtrack for that game. I would love to have some of those mash-ups just in my music library. But, I only played four or five mixes, not a lot at all.

I didn't play much else. Pokémon, of course. I hit a wall needing to train up a Psychic-type, but, I'm truckin' along. I think I beat some trainers out of order, though. I beat Chuck and Jasmine, who were about ten levels over me, but now I'm outside Mt. Mortar and the trainers all have Pokémon ten levels under me. Whoops. Anyway, team currently consists of Drowzee (no nickname, didn't think I'd be using him on my team), Dee (Bayleef), Bob (Vulpix), Olette (Noctowl), Sean (Flaafy), and Glen (Quagsire).

I don't think I'm going to continue Final Fantasy X-2. I haven't played it in weeks and I have zero desire to go back to it. It's just not hooking me in. Maybe it's been too long since I played Final Fantasy X, but... just no interest.

And, that's it! Hopefully next week? I mean this in all seriousness, if anyone reads these and enjoys them, sound off in the comments or send an anon message or something. Something to let me know people legit enjoy these and would like for me to continue, okay?

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sixtyxcelph

Games this week:

• Game Boy Color - Pokémon: Silver Version
    • Xbox 360 - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    • Playstation 3 - DJ Hero 2

Games! I honestly don't know how many more of these I'll do, as I'm getting tired of it. Once every week since May last year, I'm just getting tired of writing for myself, I guess.

So, mostly, I powered through Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Because I'm tired of playing it but I can't stand to leave a game unfinished. But, mission accomplished, I finished the story. And now it's back on the shelf and I may never touch it again nor play Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I just don't care. I was talking to a friend about this, and I think the reason I'm disliking Brotherhood so much is because it's so much like Assassin's Creed II, which got a lot of leeway because it was the sequel to a game that had a lot of problems. And, as that sort of a sequel, it really shined and impressed. But, the sequel to that is more of the same, and all of the issues really shine through. I've spoken of these issues previously, but, a short recap: the controls are wonky and straight don't work some times. It's especially frustrating near the end of the game. I don't know if this is because I was just sick of it or if it became particularly problematic, but, I was very frustrated. The Leonardo missions are not fun. I played the warship one and the horse-drawn cannon and that was enough for me to know I wanted to avoid those missions. Both involved a shooting mechanic that was imprecise and slow. No fun. The Brotherhood mechanic is still awesome fun, but, obviously not enough to hold the game together. The writing is still fun, Ezio is great and seeing him grow throughout Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was great. The Desmond stuff is still a little weak, and I'm not enjoying the complete cliffhanger endings that these two games have had. And I'll probably never know how Ezio's story ends, because I highly doubt I will ever buy and play Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Here's hoping that Assassin's Creed III fixes some problems and goes back to being fun.

I played a little DJ Hero 2, just to remind myself how much fun it is. I want to see if I can find a soundtrack for that game. I would love to have some of those mash-ups just in my music library. But, I only played four or five mixes, not a lot at all.

I didn't play much else. Pokémon, of course. I hit a wall needing to train up a Psychic-type, but, I'm truckin' along. I think I beat some trainers out of order, though. I beat Chuck and Jasmine, who were about ten levels over me, but now I'm outside Mt. Mortar and the trainers all have Pokémon ten levels under me. Whoops. Anyway, team currently consists of Drowzee (no nickname, didn't think I'd be using him on my team), Dee (Bayleef), Bob (Vulpix), Olette (Noctowl), Sean (Flaafy), and Glen (Quagsire).

I don't think I'm going to continue Final Fantasy X-2. I haven't played it in weeks and I have zero desire to go back to it. It's just not hooking me in. Maybe it's been too long since I played Final Fantasy X, but... just no interest.

And, that's it! Hopefully next week? I mean this in all seriousness, if anyone reads these and enjoys them, sound off in the comments or send an anon message or something. Something to let me know people legit enjoy these and would like for me to continue, okay?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.