Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Working Through The Stack: AC Brotherhood - The Finale

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Edited By jakob187

***THERE BE PEOPLE SPOILIN' SHIT IN THE COMMENTS, SO IF YOU BE SENSITIVE AND SHIT TO THAT TYPE THING, BEST BE GETTIN' OUT THIS BITCH, AIGHT?!***

Hey guys.  Guess what?  I FINISHED THE DAMN GAME!!!  About time, right?  After patting myself on the back and smoking a victory cigarette, something became abundantly clear:

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED IN THAT GAME?!

The ending was, in its own right, kind of crazy and stupid.  At the same time, it makes me super curious about what's going to happen in the next game.  Let's be real:  they can't get away with that, can they?  CAN THEY?

In the last blog where I talked about Brotherhood, I mentioned just how much of a slow burn the game's story was.  By the time I finally got to Sequence 8 and 9, it felt like all this stuff was finally get rushed along.  The question I'm still asking is what the point of the game was.  Sure, I'm building a brotherhood of assassins and taking back Rome, but the way that the Borgias were used felt a little too contrived and convenient.  I've never had an issue with the way that Ubisoft Montreal has worked their brand of alternate history into the franchise before, but it's usually a bigger piece of the puzzle than just "hey, the Borgias are trying to take over Rome, and so Ezio and the assassins have to stop it".  There didn't seem to be a lot of ties to the Templars like I was hoping.  If anything, I can now understand why this was a bit of a "spin-off" per say than being straight-up Assassin's Creed III.

Nonetheless, I can say that I've gotten one game finished out of the stack.  Now there's only about 24 more to go...
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jakob187

***THERE BE PEOPLE SPOILIN' SHIT IN THE COMMENTS, SO IF YOU BE SENSITIVE AND SHIT TO THAT TYPE THING, BEST BE GETTIN' OUT THIS BITCH, AIGHT?!***

Hey guys.  Guess what?  I FINISHED THE DAMN GAME!!!  About time, right?  After patting myself on the back and smoking a victory cigarette, something became abundantly clear:

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED IN THAT GAME?!

The ending was, in its own right, kind of crazy and stupid.  At the same time, it makes me super curious about what's going to happen in the next game.  Let's be real:  they can't get away with that, can they?  CAN THEY?

In the last blog where I talked about Brotherhood, I mentioned just how much of a slow burn the game's story was.  By the time I finally got to Sequence 8 and 9, it felt like all this stuff was finally get rushed along.  The question I'm still asking is what the point of the game was.  Sure, I'm building a brotherhood of assassins and taking back Rome, but the way that the Borgias were used felt a little too contrived and convenient.  I've never had an issue with the way that Ubisoft Montreal has worked their brand of alternate history into the franchise before, but it's usually a bigger piece of the puzzle than just "hey, the Borgias are trying to take over Rome, and so Ezio and the assassins have to stop it".  There didn't seem to be a lot of ties to the Templars like I was hoping.  If anything, I can now understand why this was a bit of a "spin-off" per say than being straight-up Assassin's Creed III.

Nonetheless, I can say that I've gotten one game finished out of the stack.  Now there's only about 24 more to go...
    turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By turboman

I just finished it a few weeks ago too... there's many different websites that break down what happened and why they think it happened. I suggest going after the hidden clue stuff (or atleast watching it on youtube)

but yeah... great ending in my opinion that makes me extremely excited about where they go from here.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jakob187

I actually haven't gotten any of Subject 16's stuff yet...and that's mainly because I forgot how all that works from Assassin's Creed II.  I kind of feel like a dumbass because of that.  I'll more than likely be going through for some achievement clean-up in the next week or two.  I'm also curious to check the multiplayer out again, as I haven't played it since any of the updates.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SlightConfuse

the ending made me more exicted for the next game

the subject 16 stuff is facinating but and adds more to the conspiracy. the locations are hard to get to in brotherhood

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Dany

that ending was fucking brillant, YOU KILL VERONICA MARS! How messed up is that...all though the previous ending for AC2 was great when minerva turns to the camera and says "it has to be you, desmond" Along with the TRUTH for both games, they are fantastic games

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

I demand a new hot blonde chick for the next game or I am BOYCOTTING this shit!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By toowalrus

I'm not usually on the cutting edge of new releases, so I can usually avoid that longing for more that comes after finishing a new game right after it's released... But holy shit, Assassin's Creed is one of those franchises I've been following, and it's probably my most anticipated game right now. Can't wait.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jakob187

I don't know.  The ending to the game didn't do much for me.  I think the only thing that I really found compelling about it was the "struggle" of doing it.  It felt a lot like the moment that the Darkness holds Jackie back from saving Jenny in The Darkness.  You had to control it, but you didn't WANT to control it.  You could see some of the struggle as you moved around your analog sticks, but the destiny was already there and chosen for you.  That was actually the best part of it all.  However, I fucking HATE IT when games just cut off at the end.  Mind you, I might have fallen asleep during the credits...  >_>     <_<     O_O    Hey, it was...like...4am when I beat it.  Therefore, I might've missed something.  I don't know.

Also, fuck Romulus armor.  That shit is ugly as FUCK.  Nowhere NEAR as awesome as Altair armor in AC2.
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By yoshimitz707
    @jakob187: The only thing that happens during the credits is

Two unknown male voices are heard, describing that Desmond has gone into shock. One orders the other to put Desmond back into the Animus, but the other protests, seeing how the Animus has affected him. Sternly, the first man orders him to be put back in as Desmond feebly pleads "no" and presumably becomes unconscious.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jakob187
    @yoshimitz707: It's too bad spoilers aren't working.  Also, at this point, people have already spoiled shit in the comments anyways.  You can just let it flow, I guess, and I'll just post up a big *SPOILERS* thing at the top of my blog.
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By yoshimitz707
    @jakob187: They're working for me but if you can't see them I'll remove it.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic

still going through it. i play 7 hours a day and it still feels like theres too much more to come

i dont think im beating it in this life time

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.