AC2 Black Edition

#1 Posted by Scieran (247 posts) -

Recently announced or perhaps leaked to the internet that this edition comes with 3 bonus missions, a ezio firgurine and some crap: music etc. It will sell for approximatley 80-90 USD.

Honestly, what kind of dumbfuck do they think I am? Not to mention you get exclusive weapons when completing AC on PSP and plugging it to the PS3.

Bottomline, Ubisoft sure knows how to rip people off.

#2 Posted by Binman88 (3700 posts) -

I don't have a problem at all with collector's editions with bonus tangible junk, but I think extra maps or missions are pointless. The missions aren't going to be too relevant to the plot if they're not in the main version of the game that everyone will be playing, so I don't see the need to spend more money to avail of them.

#3 Edited by mordukai (8514 posts) -

I bet those " Extra Missions" will find their way to PSN and Live a couple of months after launch date. I bought the first CE of AC and I was severely disappointed. The figurine is super small and the extra dvd is very shallow. lacking in any interesting content and very short. The only thing I liked about it was the casing which I use for my negatives.

#4 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2331 posts) -

I'm buying it.

#5 Posted by Jayge_ (10269 posts) -

I deeply regret not buying the collector's edition for the original Assassin's Creed.

Special packaging, a great-looking Ezio figurine, the entire game's soundtrack (hopefully good), a leather-bound parchment-paper art book and 3 extra missions all sound pretty great to me. 
#6 Posted by Binman88 (3700 posts) -

Fuck it. I've preordered.

#7 Posted by Jimbo (10472 posts) -

If you could play as Black Ezio, I'd totally get it...

No Caption Provided

#8 Edited by fleante (57 posts) -

I must have it. NOW.

No Caption Provided

#9 Posted by Akeldama (4363 posts) -
@dsplayer1010 said:
" I'm buying it. "
exactly
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
#10 Posted by Atlas (2603 posts) -

Wow, I want that special edition. Black Ezio looks so badass.

Although saying Black Ezio just makes me think of Eazy-E.

#11 Posted by CL60 (17117 posts) -

I prefer regular Ezio tbh. But how large is the figure? The one I got with first game was tiny.

#12 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1985 posts) -

I can still walk into any Best Buy and still find a limited edition copy of the first Assassin's Creed, so I'm in no rush to get this. The Black Edition is cool nonetheless.

#13 Posted by Mootalstrike (206 posts) -

Those extra missions won't be exclusive, I bet they will sell them on PSN or XBLM...

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
#14 Edited by guerrilla_mason (524 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" I prefer regular Ezio tbh. But how large is the figure? The one I got with first game was tiny. "
From looking at that picture up there, it looks about as big as the box...which makes it 8 billion times bigger than the first figurine. This looks pretty sweet. Think I'll pick this up.

Edit: OK, maybe I won't. Looks to be UK and Europe only. Bastards.
#15 Posted by fleante (57 posts) -

Does anyone know if there's any difference between the Black Edition and the Collector's Edition? I thought they were the same, but when I was gonna pre-order the Black Edition I noticed that the site had the Collector's Edition as well. I'm confused.

#16 Posted by ShadowKing7 (748 posts) -

The figure looks pretty sweet, and if it comes with the game's soundtrack, then I'll definitely pre-order the Collector's Edition.

#17 Posted by LiquidPrince (16907 posts) -
@Scieran said:
" Recently announced or perhaps leaked to the internet that this edition comes with 3 bonus missions, a ezio firgurine and some crap: music etc. It will sell for approximatley 80-90 USD.Honestly, what kind of dumbfuck do they think I am? Not to mention you get exclusive weapons when completing AC on PSP and plugging it to the PS3.Bottomline, Ubisoft sure knows how to rip people off. "
What are you talking about? They're giving a crap load of stuff. Hopefully the Ezio figure isn't tiny like the Altair one from the first game.
#18 Posted by Alphiehyr (1178 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Scieran said:
" Recently announced or perhaps leaked to the internet that this edition comes with 3 bonus missions, a ezio firgurine and some crap: music etc. It will sell for approximatley 80-90 USD.Honestly, what kind of dumbfuck do they think I am? Not to mention you get exclusive weapons when completing AC on PSP and plugging it to the PS3.Bottomline, Ubisoft sure knows how to rip people off. "
What are you talking about? They're giving a crap load of stuff. Hopefully the Ezio figure isn't tiny like the Altair one from the first game. "
You betrayed Scieran. I thought you were different :'(
#19 Posted by LiquidPrince (16907 posts) -
@Alphiehyr said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Scieran said:
What are you talking about? They're giving a crap load of stuff. Hopefully the Ezio figure isn't tiny like the Altair one from the first game. "
You betrayed Scieran. I thought you were different :'( "
Huh?
#20 Posted by HatKing (7309 posts) -

Well I guess this is my reward for not having any money and being able to buy it when it came out... providing I can finally get some spending money... and this comes out in the states I'll probably just get this version.
#21 Posted by PenguinNerd (882 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Alphiehyr said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Scieran said:
You betrayed Scieran. I thought you were different :'( "
Huh? "
No idea....I want that figure though O.O looks awesome :D
#22 Edited by Skald (4443 posts) -
Or you could get a Taco: Black Edition:  
No Caption Provided
I, however, am not being duped into buying either. Special editions are rarely worth it unless your fanatical about any given game. 
Art books, DVDs, figurines, sometimes shirts... no thank you. 
AC2 regular (white?) edition looks fun though.
#23 Posted by RsistncE (4498 posts) -

Wow, thanks for resurrecting a 5 month old thread guys haha.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
#24 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (2027 posts) -

If the price on eBay drops (the collector's edition for the original game is as low as $30 sometimes), I may eventually pick this up. I love the game, what can I say...
Avatar image for the_dead_rejected
#25 Posted by the_dead_rejected (5 posts) -
@extremeradical said:
" Or you could get a Taco: Black Edition:  
No Caption Provided
I, however, am not being duped into buying either. Special editions are rarely worth it unless your fanatical about any given game. Art books, DVDs, figurines, sometimes shirts... no thank you. AC2 regular (white?) edition looks fun though. "
I'm pre-order that HA
Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
#26 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (2027 posts) -

I wonder if the bonus disc is different, the North American one is terrible. It doesn't even include all of the content that's available for free online, there's less than 30 minutes of content if you don't include the soundtrack.

#27 Posted by bennym6 (479 posts) -

I think when games like assassins creed 3 halo reach gears 3 mgs rising come out i'll get the special edition if it has a figurine

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.