Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Liberation is a Assassin's Creed game for the Playstation Vita, starring a Creole female main character named Aveline de Grandpré, who joins up with the Assassins to search for the truth behind her mother's disappearance. An HD version will be released digitally for PS3, PC, and Xbox 360.

Quick Look?

asantosbr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By asantosbr

WHen GB crew will start doing Vita's Quick Looks?

This would be a great place to start.

cheddartyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cheddartyme

I'm pretty sure they don't do them becuase they don't have the capture gear.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nightriff

The best they can do with the Vita right now is over the shoulder view of person playing the game. For some reason or another Sony hasn't given anyone a kit to record video from the Vita yet. It's stupid as hell but whatever.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By happenstance

Its a shame they dont like doing the over the shoulder Quick Looks, I didnt think it looked that bad during the launch ones

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Does anyone actually own and play a Vita, I thought that thing was dead in the water.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6  Edited By impartialgecko

No video out = no quick look.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SerHulse

@Nightriff: But the stupidest thing is capture gear exists, the developers have them, they just won't give them to the press.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nightriff

@Imsorrymsjackson: Yeah, it's great, play it way more than the 3DS, and FUCKING PERSONA 4:GOLDEN in a month.

@SerHulse: I didn't say it was smart, we all should tweet at Adam Boyes to give GB one in time for the Golden QL. He works for Sony right?

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By BlackLagoon

Alex is reviewing it though, so that's something. Hopefully he'll like it - reviews have been a bit mixed so far.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nightriff

@BlackLagoon: Apparently he isn't a big fan of the AC series according to Patrick

Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@Nightriff said:

@Imsorrymsjackson: Yeah, it's great, play it way more than the 3DS, and FUCKING PERSONA 4:GOLDEN in a month.

@SerHulse: I didn't say it was smart, we all should tweet at Adam Boyes to give GB one in time for the Golden QL. He works for Sony right?

I guess I just don't see a point in handheld gaming anymore really, I read when I travel these days.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By alternate

@Nightriff said:

I think if there was any way he could get them out I am sure he would. He must have heard the complaints a thousand times. Him and @shanewatch. If GS, IGN and GameTrailers don't have capture equipment then nobody does.

For whatever reason Sony Japan ain't playing ball and the way that corporation is structured - there ain't much Sony US can do about it.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nightriff

@Imsorrymsjackson: I can understand that notion but I still enjoy it, nice distraction working nights

@alternate: Sucks....

Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@Nightriff said:

@Imsorrymsjackson: I can understand that notion but I still enjoy it, nice distraction working nights

@alternate: Sucks....

Yeh, I used to work nights, I can see how that could help. I think I miss handheld gaming consoles out because of my addiction to Jetpack Joyride on my phone.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BlackLagoon

@alternate said:

I think if there was any way he could get them out I am sure he would. He must have heard the complaints a thousand times. Him and @shanewatch. If GS, IGN and GameTrailers don't have capture equipment then nobody does.

For whatever reason Sony Japan ain't playing ball and the way that corporation is structured - there ain't much Sony US can do about it.

There's also Aram Jabbari, who just left Atlus for Sony. He actually did a preview of Persona 4 Golden for GameSpot where he brought a development Vita they could capture footage from. Hopefully that's something he can do more of until a more permanent solution can be arranged.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#16  Edited By Wemibelle

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

I guess I just don't see a point in handheld gaming anymore really, I read when I travel these days.

The point for me is to play the games that are exclusive there. I haven't used a handheld outside of my home in about 10 years but I still try and get them all. If the game stopped being there, I wouldn't have to buy them anymore.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Addfwyn

@Imsorrymsjackson: Granted I am in a totally different market where handheld gaming is dominant (Japan) but I would get almost no gaming down if not for my handheld. I spend more time in the train than I do at home, not counting the time I'm asleep. Probably even then.

When you work 16 hour days and your only time to relax is on the commute to/from work, handheld gaming starts to look REALLY nice.

Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@Addfwyn said:

@Imsorrymsjackson: Granted I am in a totally different market where handheld gaming is dominant (Japan) but I would get almost no gaming down if not for my handheld. I spend more time in the train than I do at home, not counting the time I'm asleep. Probably even then.

When you work 16 hour days and your only time to relax is on the commute to/from work, handheld gaming starts to look REALLY nice.

Yeh, I guess it would. If I was starved of my PC or my consoles then I suppose I would end up going down the same path.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By ttocs

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

Does anyone actually own and play a Vita, I thought that thing was dead in the water.

It's alive and well. It's actually got some really good games on the system, they are just few and far between. I love my Vita and the handful of games I play on it. More will come, but I doubt it will ever be the success that Nintendo handhelds are.

Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@ttocs said:

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

It's alive and well. It's actually got some really good games on the system, they are just few and far between. I love my Vita and the handful of games I play on it. More will come, but I doubt it will ever be the success that Nintendo handhelds are.

I think Nintendo have always had and possibly always will dominate the handheld market. Its just a shame that there aren't more exclusives for the Vita that make it worth a purchase for me.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ozzdog12

@Imsorrymsjackson: Yes as a matter of fact and AC3:Liberation is pretty damn great

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By That1BlackGuy

AC3: Liberation is that knock, I really enjoyed playing it for the limited time I had with it. A couple of noticable bugs I'll give you that (and I'm" the type of gamer who doesn't care about that stuff) but overall the experience for my time with it was really enjoyable.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By bibamatt

@BlackLagoon said:

Alex is reviewing it though, so that's something. Hopefully he'll like it - reviews have been a bit mixed so far.

His latest tweet about it would suggest he's not going to score it highly... "Still playing through AC III: Liberation, still not liking it very much. This is not the Vita blockbuster you were looking for."

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By Addfwyn

@Imsorrymsjackson: I think so, but I can't bring myself to ever buy a 3DS, given the fact that I'd have to buy two of them. Nintendo region-locking handhelds is absolutely ridiculous.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@bibamatt said:

@BlackLagoon said:

His latest tweet about it would suggest he's not going to score it highly... "Still playing through AC III: Liberation, still not liking it very much. This is not the Vita blockbuster you were looking for."

Yes. However Patrick suggested that Alex wasn't a fan of the main Assassin's Creed games in the first place.

Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@Addfwyn said:

@Imsorrymsjackson: I think so, but I can't bring myself to ever buy a 3DS, given the fact that I'd have to buy two of them. Nintendo region-locking handhelds is absolutely ridiculous.

I know, I don't know what they were thinking when they added that little treat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.