Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Desmond's backpack

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jillsandwich

I've got quite a few problems with the single-player of this game, but there's one problem that was bugging me throughout the entire thing that I forgot about until yesterday.

WHY THE FUCK IS DESMOND'S BACKPACK CONSTANTLY CLIPPING THROUGH HIS BACK?

Can you just not fix that? Can't you just make his pack fused to his body so it's not flopping around and phasing through his jacket? Look, I just play video games. I don't make them, so maybe I'm just being a presumptuous asshole when I think that it would most likely be fucking easy as hell to just fix the damn backpack, but maybe it's something that just couldn't be done.

It's just that I spent like ten minutes talking with a friend about this yesterday, and I kind of feel like this problem represents how I feel about everything in this game. In conclusion, I don't like this game, and the backpack is one of the reasons why. Anyone agree?

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HerbieBug

I am curious why Ubi thinks the backpack is so central to the Desmond character that he must always be wearing it. Has he ever been shown putting items in or taking items out of it? What does he have in there?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

There are bigger problems with Desmond...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

Playing the PC version and it's not clipping at all for me.

From what I heard it should have been fixed with patch on the consoles too no?

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Coafi

@TheHT: OMG what?! huh?! how is that even possible!?

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By shirogane

I looked for it when i was playing the PS3 version and i didn't really notice it clipping, so maybe it's a 360 only thing?

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gravier251

Well from what I noticed the backpack only clips into Desmond's back after you have been in the animus at all. For some reason it produces some strange hunchback growth on Desmond's back which is what clips through the bag. The only way to remove it is to turn the game off and then go back in pretty much directly to the Desmond stuff, if you head back into the animus the issue will occur again.

The clipping bugged me enough that for any story stuff with Desmond I went to the hassle of quitting to the dashboard and then going back in, just so I don't have to watch the strange growth on Desmond's back clipping through.

At least that is how it was with me on the 360 anyway, odd that they still haven't fixed it by now.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By Levio

Obviously Desmond's life is inside another, higher-tier Animus that cannot maintain full-synch.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By BisonHero

@TheHT said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I enjoy how he looks like 15 years older in the second shot. Maybe it's the angle, but his face and jawline are just way more filled in, compared to first and third shots which show the gaunt face of a 20-something whose metabolism hasn't slowed down yet.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@BisonHero said:

@TheHT said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I enjoy how he looks like 15 years older in the second shot. Maybe it's the angle, but his face and jawline are just way more filled in, compared to first and third shots which show the gaunt face of a 20-something whose metabolism hasn't slowed down yet.

Desmond's ugly ever-changing mug has always creeped me out and confused me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.