Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Homestead Bug

TheAmericanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheAmericanAce

When you first accessed the accounting book, you were taught how to buy materials and send them off in a trade convoy. Well I came back to check on it, and the screen says it's been attacked and gives me no other options or anything. I can't even send another trading convoy even though I made more. All I have on that screen is a back button. It sucks. Anyone else got any issue with the trading stuff?

Edit:On xbox360.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By MildMolasses

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I'm assuming I'm just missing something, so I was going to check out a FAQ to try and figure out what the hell I'm supposed to be doing, because as it stands, the homestead isn't making any money for me. Hopefully it's covered in the guide that Matt Rorie just put up on Gamespot

TheAmericanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By TheAmericanAce

@MildMolasses: Yeah I've been trying to figure it out without any luck, i will try that guide you mentioned.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MildMolasses

The other homestead issue I'm having is that at some point someone said to create an encyclopaedia by finding the inhabitants and clicking the left trigger to analyze them. Any time I do that, it says invalid subject. What am I supposed to be doing?

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By zaccheus

@MildMolasses said:

The other homestead issue I'm having is that at some point someone said to create an encyclopaedia by finding the inhabitants and clicking the left trigger to analyze them. Any time I do that, it says invalid subject. What am I supposed to be doing?

It's only certain characters, basically the ones you "recruit". Huntress, saw mill dudes, artisan, farmers...

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By gaminghooligan

@MildMolasses: YES! I also have no idea what to do there, no matter who I inspect it says invalid.

Also has anyone done a lot of the crafting? It seems like I'm doing all the homestead missions, but I'm on sequence 8 and still haven't been able to craft most of the recipes, and have yet to be able to send out another convoy past the tutorial

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MildMolasses

@Zaccheus: Those are the only ones I've been doing.

Holy shit is this game ever broken if these things aren't supposed to be happening

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gaminghooligan

@Zaccheus: yep that's who I've been scanning also. Just tried the huntress, the farmers, and the artisan. all invalid... thanks for clarifying though at least I know I'm not screwing up

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ravenlight

If yesterday's Sleeping Dogs DLC livestream is any indication, all problems with video games can be solved by watching Thunder Cats and dropping a purse.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gaminghooligan

@Ravenlight: and dosbox and Law of the west

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

@gaminghooligan said:

@Ravenlight: and dosbox and Law of the west

It's doubly important to remember to shoot everyone BUT the doctor.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MildMolasses

@TheAmericanAce: Having actually solved this problem, I thought I would report back. You have to get the carpenter to build new convoys before you can start sending them. And let me tell you, now that I've done that, you get jack shit in money. I'm assuming you need all the homestead missions done to max out the people to where they can produce or craft higher end items.

And I have managed to catalogue one homesteader. I Saw the doctor sitting by a tree, hit the left trigger, and boom. I though my problems were fixed, so I ran over to another person, and got the 'invalid target' again

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By crazyleaves
    @MildMolasses you have to Target them while they are doing something, like hunting, cleaning stalls, farming, and so on.
    thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thomasnash

even though these aren't bugs, It def seems like they did a bad job explaining either of those things...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.