Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Intresting Plot Detail in Equipment Trailer

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jerseyscum

Connor joins the Order in 1770 and we know that a major chunk of the game takes place in Boston. This is the year where anti-tax tensions boil over into civil unrest on the streets of Boston and New York. The most infamous example became the Boston Massacre where angry mobs attacked customs officials and began taunting and throwing rocks at a group of Redcoats. The British troops panicked and fired their weapons into the crowd. Five demonstrators were killed.

This quickly became a major propaganda victory for the Patriot cause and I theorize that this might be the turning point where Connor links up with the American Assassin's Order and begins fighting the British occupation. Hell, AC2 started off with the Pazzi Conspiracy so it wouldn't surprise me that another major historical event sets the events of AC3 off.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Junkerman

Interesting. I've always enjoyed the crazy quasi reality that these games have developed.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Blackout62

It worked in John Adams, no reason it can't here.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By crazyleaves
    @Blackout62 Duder, it's not a movie that shit really happened.
    Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blackout62

@crazyleaves: I know that. I meant using the Boston Massacre as a the opening of the story. It makes a good hook, there's action, from the single event the observer (viewer, player, what have you) is given a summary of the overall conflict, it allows the development personal conflict for the characters, and allows a dramatic irony ala Mad Men wherein the observer knows what is going to occur when the character does not. The miniseries John Adams used it as its opening moments to link the massacre to establishing John Adams's character and the role he played in the defense of the British soldiers. Assassin's Creed could easily use it in the same manner to get Connor embroiled in the conflict of the revolution and provide him his own personal conflict.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mordukai

I haven't played an AC game since 2 (well not quite, I did get Brotherhood but bugs in it prevent me from playing it) but I might just pic this one up just to see how much Ubisoft will screw up american history.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zaccheus

@jerseyscumsaid:

This quickly became a major propaganda victory for the Patriot cause and I theorize that this might be the turning point where Connor links up with the American Assassin's Order and begins fighting the British occupation.

That's a great theory. Although it has been made pretty clear that the game is not about fighting the British, but fighting the Templars.

"People think it's a bit 'go team America', but I can guarantee you it's not. You know the conspiracy, the targets, are on both sides of the aisle, both American and British..." -Creative Director Alex Hutchinsons

Avatar image for deactivated-5d08c7763570d
    deactivated-5d08c7763570d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I know Ubisoft plays a bit fast and loose with real history but i'm looking forward to learning more about the Revolutionary War and seeing some events in context, i'll obviously then go and read real materials!. We wasn't taught anything about it in school (that I can remember, but I did always prefer ancient history) so I have no clue about the battles and people.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

It would REALLY suck if Connor's motives are going to be the same as Ezio (revenge). I hope you're wrong. 

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By TheHT

Good call!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.