Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

No love for the multiplayer?

SavageHobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SavageHobbit

I was in knots when, on the GOTY Bombcast, there was no initial mention of AC3's multiplayer. Thankfully Ryan chimed in and gave it some due lip service. But man, maybe I'm just blinded by my affection for it, but it feels like AC's multiplayer gets no love at all from the larger gaming community. It's such a breath of fresh air in a sea of modern war FPS.

Why does no one really talk about it? What does everyone think about it?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I'm a big fan of Assassin's Creed multiplayer. It's a bit harder to get into than other games. I think the mode has probably flown under the radar ever so slightly because of how hefty the single player components of the games are.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I really enjoyed the AC3 multiplayer a lot. It's difficult as hell but it's a unique experience that they've continued to perfect the last few years. It deserves recognition, I agree.

Artso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Artso

I've always played AC for the singleplayer but the mp did look really cool when Ryan played ACB mp on TNT. For some reason I never even tried it, maybe because nobody talks about it. I recently bought AC3 and decided to try the multiplayer. Holy shit! I can't stop playing it. I even liked it more than the singleplayer and it is why AC3 is one of my favorites of the year. So I'm not sure why people don't talk about it. I love it because while it seems simple there is a lot of depth and I can play it the way I like - really slow, defensive and sneaky. You don't even have to kill people to win.

SavageHobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SavageHobbit

@Artso said:

You don't even have to kill people to win.

I think that's the greatest thing to be said about it. I had a match once where I came in second place with only ONE kill.

Well I am reassured, glad to see people do indeed enjoy it. I guess chalk up the lack of discussion to lots of other great games to play and talk about.

But hey, while we're on the subject, what's everyone running for their loadouts? Any successful strategies?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ajamafalous

I haven't played any AC MP (just not my thing), but has it changed in any meaningful ways over the last three games? Could be why they didn't bring it up.

SavageHobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SavageHobbit

@ajamafalous: I didn't play Revelations, but it sounds like AC3's multiplayer is much like that. I know a lot of the problem with Brotherhood in the beginning was a lack of instruction as to how the game worked, with Targets and Pursuers and the line of sight meter and all that. But they've added a nice, step-by-step tutorial before you play your first match to help new players.

They've added new abilites, changed the way certain mechanics work. It's not radically different, but that's because what's there is pretty solid. You may be right about there not being enough meaningful change for people. And, it's not a game for everyone's taste.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By project343

Love it. But I think we need to draw attention to the amazingly cheesy 'faux-Windows OS' UI design for the Abstergo software aesthetic. It's so good/bad.

Artso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Artso

@SavageHobbit said:

But hey, while we're on the subject, what's everyone running for their loadouts? Any successful strategies?

I would like to know this too. I've only been playing AC multiplayer for a few days now and I'm only around lvl 20 so I don't have all the abilities. I like disguise, I like morph a lot. Tried Glimmer but didn't like it. Watching Youtube videos Firecrackers and Smoke Bomb does seem amazing. Also, it seems important to get extreme variety in every match (climbing up walls and doing air assassinations etc), I guess you get a lot of points for that?

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Darkstar614

It seems pretty well refined at this point. It's a lot of fun in small bursts for me. Extended plays don't seem to do it for me though.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By jillsandwich

I got way into Brotherhood multiplayer, Revelations multiplayer was a great expansion on Brotherhood, III multiplayer sort of felt like the Modern Warfare 3 to Revelations's Modern Warfare 2. That probably sounds more harsh than I intend.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Undeadpool

They talked about it a TON when Brotherhood came out, and the next two games haven't really brought THAT much new to the table, so unfortunately it's not worth bringing up time and again. I'm pretty sure it earned a bonus star in Ryan's review, so there's that.

@jillsandwich: Edit: I love your screenname...SO MUCH.

XaroX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XaroX

I personally could never get into any AC Multiplayer, I can see how it can be very enjoyable, but it's just not for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.