Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Really not digging it

scottp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By scottp

I have been running into a lot of game breaking bugs and overall performance issues. I am a big fan of Assassins Creed but this is just a major let down. Anyone else having these thoughts?

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

Wait for a patch, hopefully it'll be soon. I still haven't any bugs, I guess I've been super lucky.

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By MikeinSC

I'm not getting glitches --- but I find the storyline unbelievably tedious and the lack of freedom for the first several hours is irritating. I get that this might be the most widely played of the Assassin's Creed series...however, the level of hand holding is hitting Final Fantasy XIII levels.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Yeh, it has turned into a bit of a let down for me as well, bug problems on PS3 and a fairly lacklustre experience overall.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#5  Edited By Soap

@MikeinSC said:

however, the level of hand holding is hitting Final Fantasy XIII levels.

I think you need to go play FFXIII again... AC3 is not that bad ;)

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By JasonR86

What I've realized playing this game is that AC games absolutely hate it when you don't tackle objectives the exact way they were designed. If you do anything different then what the level design was specified for you are absolutely fucked. It's really one of the most linear games I've played all year.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By david3cm

The game is a bumber, ignoring all the things that made the previous games fun (to me at least). I'm glad they changed up the location and era but this game just felt so off to me.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mutha3
    @Soap said:

@MikeinSC said:

Well, FFXIII is literally the worst game ever about that particular thing. ACIII isn't as bad, but its sure as hell secured a number 2 spot.

God. This game. Half the introduction could have been cut in half and nothing in the story would have changed.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By handlas

Keep playing. Where are you? When you finally get into the Connor stuff (when he is an adult) the game smoothed out for me quite a bit. I have no idea why but the first few hours were horribly buggy for me as well.

I was very disappointed with the game until I got further into it. Examples such as there being a distracting amount of pop-in from trees, buildings, people. Sometimes things would simply not even load in... I could tell there was suppose to be grass in this one area but it was absent. The frammerate was completely terrible at times. Some other things as well.

Since then I've only encountered one bug where I was suppose to be following a character but I knocked him down on accident off of a roof and he wouldn't move anymore. I've unlocked all the alternate costumes as well which is somewhat disappointing because the pre-assassin clothes you can unlock are messed up a lot in cutscenes. It acts like he is suppose to have a hood on so it won't render his hair anymore and looks weird.

Bugs aside, I think this is the best AC game I've played. I only played bits of the first (going to get back to it) and skipped Revelations tho.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I think people who are reporting bugs and glitches should also report the system they're playing on. I'm on 360 (installed) and have encountered none of this business.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#11  Edited By Soap

@mutha3 said:

@Soap said:

@MikeinSC said:

Well, FFXIII is literally the worst game ever about that particular thing. ACIII isn't as bad, but its sure as hell secured a number 2 spot. God. This game. Half the introduction could have been cut in half and nothing in the story would have changed.

It wont really burn you hard until you see how lackluster and rushed the ending is, it means they spent 4+ hours on an intro that didn't need that much time and then rushed through 5 games worth of mystery and questions in little over.... 8 minutes? Maybe?

Either way, very poor distribution of time.

johnaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By johnaze

I've not really experienced bugs or any of the kind, but the one thing that has just been bothering me almost from the beginning of the game till I finished it, was the insanely unstable framerate (PS3 version).

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SharkEthic

I'm 12 hours in, playing on the PS3, and I've experienced one instance of some lips not moving in a cut scene, but that's about it bug wise.

That being said, I think I'm about done with the game:

• It's ugly as all hell: Granted, my PC might have tainted my perception of ugly.
    • It runs like ass: Again, my PC spoils me with a consistent 60 fps in games 5x better looking than this, and now I can not, and will not, go back to this nonsense.
    • It plays almost exactly like the last one: Which played almost exactly like the last one, which played... you get it, it's a series of games that's played almost identically for 5 games straight.
    • I HATE Desmond: I hate his character, I hate playing as him, I hate his face, and I hate his friends (and father).
    • Oh, and fuck the story too: "But duuuude, TEMPLARS!" - Yep, still. For 5 games straight. Shit or get off the pot already.

So I think I'm out. That is all.

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PolygonSlayer

I have been trying myself for a good 5-6 hours now and the bugs, bad mission design and tutorials that don't explain things properly are starting to wear me thin. They barely tell you how to fight before they throw 6 guys at you for example. Yesterday I tried to play it, but just didn't feel like it at all and downloaded Unfinished Swan instead to play. Was a biiiig contrast in fun! :) Might go back to it, but it really don't want to. lol

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Humanity

@Soap said:

@MikeinSC said:

In defense of FF XIII that was a game that spend 6 hours introducing you to brand new systems never before seen in the series and painstakingly making sure you understand all of them.

AC3 doesn't do anything that different from previous installments from what I've seen. Then again I can't judge that much because I haven't played it. Halfway through Revelations I felt that I was really done with the series and begrudgingly finished the game to have a clear conscience - I had high hopes that AC3 would be really fresh and invigorating but from the looks of it, everything is literally a step back in the series and the plot continues to steadily swirl in circles down the toilet.

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By MikeinSC

@mutha3 said:

@Soap said:

@MikeinSC said:

Well, FFXIII is literally the worst game ever about that particular thing. ACIII isn't as bad, but its sure as hell secured a number 2 spot. God. This game. Half the introduction could have been cut in half and nothing in the story would have changed.

If I play another "Walk slowly with this guy while he espouses dialogue" things, I'll throw my controller through the screen. It combined the worst parts of cutscenes with the bad parts of pointlessly wandering around. It does begin to open up...numerous hours later. But a game cannot be good if the first several hours are just not good.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dropabombonit

I didn't have many noticeable bugs on PS3 but found the game to be disappointing overall

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Solh0und

To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed too. I've played 3 missions that I had to restart several times thanks to bad scripting. Take one of the earlier missions for example. I've restarted a checkpoint at least 7 times, because the NPCs I was eavesdropping on wouldn't walk the path they were suppose to. I also ran into a bug where I couldn't reload my gun at all until I just restarted a memory. It's stuff like this is preventing me from saying " Hey, I really like this game guys!".

By the way, I'm playing the 360 version so I don't know if people are running into these same problems on the PS3.

scottp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By scottp

I was playing on the 360.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By eskimo

I missed the cutscene for the mission where you save the guy from the river and it took me fucking AGES to figure out how to do it. Turned out the answer was - go close to the guy and trigger a cutscene.

Played it off the back of Revelations and felt like I was loving it, got to the Connor stuff in one sitting, and for some reason I feel no compulsion to go back and play more.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By crusader8463

I was really enjoying it until Conner then I hit a plateau for a few hours then it dropped off real quick. I literally just got done beating it, posting here while I wait for the long ass credits to roll to make sure there is no extra story bits after that I miss, and outside of the odd moment here and there I did not enjoy the game once you got to Conner. None of the side content was interesting or worth doing, the game ran like a god dam slideshow - thanks for delaying the PC version so that wouldn't have been a problem Ubisoft-, I never had a reason to build my Brotherhood, upgrade the city or do any of the side missions, and the story didn't go anywhere.

Major spoilers

I wish the game had of stayed focused on Conner's Dad as he had the only group of people I cared about in the game. So when they turned out to be the bad guys there was no body left in the game to care for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.