Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Ryan yelling at AC3 Peeps on twitter

• 155 results
    aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#101  Edited By aleryn

Haha great stuff.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By Milkman

Holy shit, who cares? You guys ruin all the funny stuff.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#103  Edited By Dreamfall31

Stopped following Ryan's twitter over a year ago and haven't regretted since. I love the GB crew, but he's a super asshole most of the time. All of the GB crew can be loveable assholes every now and again, but Ryan is just straight up intolerable at times. The podcasts with out Ryan are some of the best they've done, they're super funny and really laid back. Still don't hate him out right, he's just kinda the guy I gotta wait through his asshole moments to hear some of the great things he has to say.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

To be fair server issues do happen to every new game even (and especially) to big games *Blizzard*.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Mirado

@PillClinton: It's perfectly fine for any person to order whatever drink they want; if you're a lumberjack and want to drink a cosmo, be my guest.

However, the only liquor that I'm mixing with orange juice in a two part drink is vodka or tequila.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#106  Edited By matthew

@Mr_Skeleton said:

To be fair server issues do happen to every new game even (and especially) to big games *Blizzard*.

It's a shame we've gotten to the point where we praise the company if they don't happen soon after launch.

"Oh wow, the game I paid you for is actually playable!"

I hate the mere concept. Take me back to the time where I can pop in a game and play single player without having to be connected to some shitty servers whenever you want to play.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
    deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly wish more PR people would do this.

Tedtded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Tedtded

Wow. I can't believe the unprofessionalism of the ac3 person. I have gotten so much vile shit from customers during all my years of tech support, a million times worse than what Ryan said, Every single day. Yet I still maintained a professional attitude. I would have lost my job many years ago if I was that thin-skinned. What Ryan said is not offensive at all, Its just a fact.

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By DeadPan

@Sooty said:

Let's all have a circle jerk about Ryan Davis being a bit of a twat on Twitter.

This is not new information. Ryan has always been a dick on Twitter.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By jgf

As a non native speaker I don't get it. Why is the pr guys answer insulting? It's not like he told Ryan to fuck off or so. He told him that server issues do happen and they are working on it. Ok it's kind of a non answer, as everybody could have guessed that they don't shut down their servers on purpose. But insulting, because of calling the guy that tells you to "get your shit together" buddy? Is buddy something bad nowadays? So what should have been his response like in order to not be insulting? E.g. like "Dear valuable customer, thank you for informing us about these server problem. We sent our top men to exclusively deal with your issue."

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Terramagi

@jgf said:

As a non native speaker I don't get it. Why is the pr guys answer insulting? It's not like he told Ryan to fuck off or so. He told him that server issues do happen and they are working on it. Ok it's kind of a non answer, as everybody could have guessed that they don't shut down their servers on purpose. But insulting, because of calling the guy that tells you to "get your shit together" buddy? Is buddy something bad nowadays? So what should have been his response like in order to not be insulting? E.g. like "Dear valuable customer, thank you for informing us about these server problem. We sent our top men to exclusively deal with your issue."

It's a subtle thing, but the best way to describe it would be passive-aggressive.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By audiosnow

Why did people feel the need to turn a PR molehill into a mountain by making a six-page (so far) thread about it?

Are we really so drama-starved?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Spoonman671

I find Ryan's behavior much more inappropriate than PR dude's.  Getting pissy about a game's online functionality not operating properly the first week it is out is pretty silly, particularly for somebody who works in the industry and surely knows that multiplayer never works right at launch for any game.  To suggest they are not doing all they can to get the game into proper shape by telling them to "get [their] shit together" is insulting.  Nobody else in the entire industry has found a solution to this particular problem, so why should anybody demand it of Ubisoft specifically?

I've been out of the loop due to Sandy so maybe there's some information I'm missing here that would change my perspective.  Ryan just comes off as a bit of a dick, which I guess is his schtick.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#114  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Update: Assassin's Creed 3 MP servers on the PC are still down.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By YOU_DIED

@Milkman said:

Holy shit, who cares? You guys ruin all the funny stuff.
    Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its just twitter, yall need to relax

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By xshinobi

I feel like Ryan came off as a bit of a dick as well. But at the end of the day...who cares.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By onarum

I would expect someone who's this close to game making to be a little more understanding of a flaw on game this big on launch week, because hey, games are fucking hard to make it turn out, actually making a game is many levels of magnitude harder than playing games and, sometimes, writing about them on a website... I guess I would be wrong...

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By BraveToaster

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

The only reason he apologised (if it was even the same operator) was because someone slapped him upside the head and said "do you know who the fuck that is?!" If it had been a regular nobody that didn't have the potential to publicly tell thousands of people their game was a shitty, broken mess, then they would not have thrown out that weak apology and pathetic suck up at the end.

Exactly.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#120  Edited By Phatmac

Why is there a thread for this? Jesus guys go out and stop caring about little things like this.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Bocam

@Spoonman671 said:

I find Ryan's behavior much more inappropriate than PR dude's. Getting pissy about a game's online functionality not operating properly the first week it is out is pretty silly, particularly for somebody who works in the industry and surely knows that multiplayer never works right at launch for any game. To suggest they are not doing all they can to get the game into proper shape by telling them to "get [their] shit together" is insulting. Nobody else in the entire industry has found a solution to this particular problem, so why should anybody demand it of Ubisoft specifically? I've been out of the loop due to Sandy so maybe there's some information I'm missing here that would change my perspective. Ryan just comes off as a bit of a dick, which I guess is his schtick.

They were planning on playing AC3 for TNT

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#122  Edited By CL60
    @Spoonman671
    I find Ryan's behavior much more inappropriate than PR dude's.  Getting pissy about a game's online functionality not operating properly the first week it is out is pretty silly, particularly for somebody who works in the industry and surely knows that multiplayer never works right at launch for any game.  To suggest they are not doing all they can to get the game into proper shape by telling them to "get [their] shit together" is insulting.  Nobody else in the entire industry has found a solution to this particular problem, so why should anybody demand it of Ubisoft specifically?

I've been out of the loop due to Sandy so maybe there's some information I'm missing here that would change my perspective.  Ryan just comes off as a bit of a dick, which I guess is his schtick.
    I agree, this community just loves the staff to the point of being annoying, anything they do is perfectly acceptable and everybody else is a demon who deserves death.
    CptMorganCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#123  Edited By CptMorganCA

This isn't the first time with AC Twitter account has responded to someone in an inappropriate fashion. Obviously not your average PR dude on the other end of this, and not a very good one either.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Milkman

@Spoonman671 said:

I find Ryan's behavior much more inappropriate than PR dude's. Getting pissy about a game's online functionality not operating properly the first week it is out is pretty silly, particularly for somebody who works in the industry and surely knows that multiplayer never works right at launch for any game. To suggest they are not doing all they can to get the game into proper shape by telling them to "get [their] shit together" is insulting. Nobody else in the entire industry has found a solution to this particular problem, so why should anybody demand it of Ubisoft specifically? I've been out of the loop due to Sandy so maybe there's some information I'm missing here that would change my perspective. Ryan just comes off as a bit of a dick, which I guess is his schtick.

Expecting a game's online to work in the first week is silly? Wow, our expectations as consumers have really hit fucking rock bottom.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#125  Edited By musubi

@Milkman said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Expecting a game's online to work in the first week is silly? Wow, our expectations as consumers have really hit fucking rock bottom.

Indeed. If Call of Fucking Duty arguably the most played game (at least for consoles) can handle launch day with no problems there are zero excuses for other games who have a fraction of that size audience.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By hbkdx12

I don't understand Ryan's need to get pissy about it when he could have just played the PS3 version for TNT as he so condescendingly suggested. 

If it was an 360 exclusive or something I'd understand the frustration. 

There could have been a bit more professionalism from AC 3 guy especially considering his comments would be widely viewed by the public, but in all fairness Ryan was just being a brat for no reason. 

Even in TNT when he plays for like 5 minutes and the server goes down or whatever, he looks like a fussy little baby before letting jeff play NFS for the rest of the show

Thompson820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Thompson820

Does everyone in this thread think that because multiplayer launches are practically always bad we should all just accept it and not demand better?

Sure seems like it.

If you ask me the only way companies are going to 'get their shit together' is if people don't give them the slack to fuck with us. Bottom line is this: If something you spend money on doesn't work, you should demand better from the people who made it. If you don't, why should they bother?

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By hbkdx12
    @Thompson820 said:

Does everyone in this thread think that because multiplayer launches are practically always bad we should all just accept it and not demand better?

Of course not. There's few things worse then buying a new product and not having it work as intended straight out the box but there's a right and wrong way to do everything. 

Given the fact that he himself states that he has access to a different version/console, his condescension seems quite petty
    ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By ripelivejam

@CookieMonster said:

Could someone explain the fuck ryan davis stuff? I haven't been on the 'bomb for a while.

he is a terrible human being/demon who devours babies just for their slight anti-aging properties and credits his long life (8000 yrs and counting) to Satan. currently he's planning his dominance of Europe with cyborg go-go dancers. where have you BEEN???

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ripelivejam

@Thompson820 said:

Sure seems like it.

If you ask me the only way companies are going to 'get their shit together' is if people don't give them the slack to fuck with us. Bottom line is this: If something you spend money on doesn't work, you should demand better from the people who made it. If you don't, why should they bother?

i think (ryan's tweets notwithstanding) most people just need to grin and bear it. activision is a huge company and has the resources to bear huge launches. maybe D3 was a bit unprecedented with the long wait and fervent desire to play such an anticipated game, but even so the problems pretty much disappeared after a week. i think with the scale of what most companies are trying to attempt you just need to be patient, be a little less of an entitled dick, and just grin and bear it for a few hours. i only had one instance where i wasn't able to log in to D3 at launch, and what did i do? just shrugged my shoulders and played/did something else. i think we're expecting a little too much if what we desire is 100% perfect, absolutely no bumpy road launches (though i CAN understand that i t is something to aspire for).

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Sooty

@ripelivejam said:

@Thompson820 said:

Sure seems like it.

activision is a huge company and has the resources to bear huge launches.

Whaaaaaaaat, Call of Duty always fucks up on launch, usually matchmaking is flaky or busted for a week before it settles down. (not always totally busted, but it often dies or fails to find games)

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#132  Edited By JasonR86

It looks like Ryan was joking, the PR dude tried to save face but did so in a poor way, and Ryan threw a hissy-fit.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ripelivejam

@Sooty said:

@ripelivejam said:

@Thompson820 said:

Sure seems like it.

Whaaaaaaaat, Call of Duty always fucks up on launch, usually matchmaking is flaky or busted for a week before it settles down. (not always totally busted, but it often dies or fails to find games)

all right well my bad by going by other people's heresay. i'm not a CoD fan, though i've played some games sparingly.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Sooty

@ripelivejam said:

@Sooty said:

@ripelivejam said:

@Thompson820 said:

Sure seems like it.

all right well my bad by going by other people's heresay. i'm not a CoD fan, though i've played some games sparingly.

I didn't play MW3 but Black Ops was hella busted and MW2 threw a few hissy fits as well. I wonder if they ever fixed the spawns on Black Ops, you could kill someone and have them spawn behind you instantly. God damn it I am so not buying another one of those games.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By ripelivejam

@JasonR86 said:

It looks like Ryan was joking, the PR dude tried to save face but did so in a poor way, and Ryan threw a hissy-fit.

how was that a hissy fit? he very politely instructed whoever was behind the twitter account that they should be a little more respectful when it comes to their responses, as they work for PR. i think it was a very classy response by him

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By ripelivejam

@Sooty: it's weird but i have a feeling BOII will be the most well-received critically to date, as it sounds like they're actually TRYING to change it up a little and break out of the formula, if tentatively. i'm probably wrong though. i'm also basing this on that it seems like a lot of people liked treyarch's approach in the first BO.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By JasonR86

@ripelivejam said:

@JasonR86 said:

how was that a hissy fit? he very politely instructed whoever was behind the twitter account that they should be a little more respectful when it comes to their responses, as they work for PR. i think it was a very classy response by him

Yeah, as polite as could be.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Sooty

@ripelivejam said:

@Sooty: it's weird but i have a feeling BOII will be the most well-received critically to date, as it sounds like they're actually TRYING to change it up a little and break out of the formula, if tentatively. i'm probably wrong though. i'm also basing this on that it seems like a lot of people liked treyarch's approach in the first BO.

I have this crazy idea that II will sell less than MW3 and we will be seeing the demise of Call of Duty, but I could be wrong and just be living under a rock because I have barely heard anything about Call of Duty in months, it feels like it isn't a thing anymore.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#139  Edited By Hizang

I saw this..Funny.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By ripelivejam

@JasonR86 said:

@ripelivejam said:

@JasonR86 said:

i know you're being sarcastic. tell me how is this:

Ryan Davistaswell

assassinscreed launch week is stressful. I get that. If you're the social media face, though, you gotta be more deferential! Even to jerks.

a hissy fit, in any way?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By JasonR86

@ripelivejam said:

@JasonR86 said:

@ripelivejam said:

@JasonR86 said:

Ryan Davistaswell

assassinscreed launch week is stressful. I get that. If you're the social media face, though, you gotta be more deferential! Even to jerks.

a hissy fit, in any way?

I was referring to the OP not the aftermath following the backpedaling you just mentioned.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By ripelivejam

@JasonR86 said:

@ripelivejam said:

@JasonR86 said:

@ripelivejam said:

@JasonR86 said:

Ryan Davistaswell

a hissy fit, in any way?

I was referring to the OP not the aftermath following the backpedaling you just mentioned.

ryan's original tweet was fine as i don't think it was even meant seriously and even if it was he was trying to set up a TNT so i could definitely understand why he would be frustrated. the PR guy less so since it's his job to be deferential to frustrated customers, and he didn't even need to respond in the first place.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By JasonR86

@ripelivejam said:

@JasonR86 said:

@ripelivejam said:

@JasonR86 said:

@ripelivejam said:

@JasonR86 said:

Ryan Davistaswell

a hissy fit, in any way?

ryan's original tweet was fine as i don't think it was even meant seriously and even if it was he was trying to set up a TNT so i could definitely understand why he would be frustrated. the PR guy less so since it's his job to be deferential to frustrated customers, and he didn't even need to respond in the first place.

That's fine if you think that way. I don't agree with your appraisal. That's fine too. Get off my ass.

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Klaimore

Thanks "chief".

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonR86: You sure got pissy, didn't ya "buddy"

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By ripelivejam

@JasonR86: and you wonder how shit like this starts, with flippant remarks like that.

i wasn't being combative at all, just disagreeing and presenting my argument to you. you were the one who just now chose to be an ass. and you were also the one who instigated in the first place with your comment. if you didn't want that kind of response you shouldn't have said anything.

good day.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#147  Edited By Hunter5024

You mean only allowing the use of 140 characters makes people sound like assholes? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT.

sam1am7000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By sam1am7000

@Demoskinos said:

@Milkman said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Indeed. If Call of Fucking Duty arguably the most played game (at least for consoles) can handle launch day with no problems there are zero excuses for other games who have a fraction of that size audience.

To be fair, comparing COD and AC is not right. Call of Duty basically is its multiplayer (even if you play the single player, that would be 6 hours at most) and they have to make damn sure that MP works perfectly at launch as that's what most will play. AC is a singleplayer heavy game (and a very long one at that), so a week of server issues will not be noticed by most of its audience....

Anyway, remember that "twitter is an asshole factory" :P

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By AssInAss

You guys sure are bored, can't wait until this makes it to 20 pages without a single update and people are wondering why isn't Ryan responding to this huge thread.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#150  Edited By WalkerTR77

Good job chief.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.