Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Silly question but I need help (PS3)

victor8328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By victor8328

I can't equip the pistol. I bought it, but when I try to equip it, nothing happens. I press R2 and highlight the gun, but again it won't equip. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have tried around 50X and nothing's happening. I'm at the part of the game when you have to blow the powder keg and so I'm basically stuck until I can figure this out. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Hit the triangle button

victor8328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By victor8328

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Hit the triangle button

Thanks for replying. Hitting the triangle, X, or circle does nothing. Hitting the square gets him to pull out the sword. With a little tinkering (using the R2) I can switch that from sword to hidden blade. But for some reason highlighting the gun there doesn't work.

Furphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Furphy

Aren't you suppose to pick up a rifle from the ground or something?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @victor8328

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Hit the triangle button

Thanks for replying. Hitting the triangle, X, or circle does nothing. Hitting the square gets him to pull out the sword. With a little tinkering (using the R2) I can switch that from sword to hidden blade. But for some reason highlighting the gun there doesn't work.

Highlight the target and hit it
    victor8328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By victor8328

@Furphy said:

Aren't you suppose to pick up a rifle from the ground or something?

No, you have to use the pistol. You're thinking of the part when you take out the guard, and actually you can use the pistol there too (I've re-started the memory a few times and tried with both). At this part of the game you no longer have the rifle and have to use the pistol.

Turns out I'm not the only one having problems with this. From the game support website:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17374/p/1483,2513/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1MTc4OTE3Ni9zaWQvRVcydkhiYWw%3D

BTW, my HUD ans SSI are both on, and the gun icon is there when I press R2. I still can't equip it for some reason though.

victor8328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By victor8328

After trying some more I'm convinced I'm not doing anything wrong. I can select the other weapons no problem, everything but the gun. I've sent an email to Ubisoft support for help. Thanks again to everybody who tried to help.

janusv1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By janusv1

i dont know where to go or what to do when i have the neckless ... they said i need to pluck in the next power sorce , but i just cant find te place .... plaes help me !!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.