Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

So this is coming October 30th.

• 60 results
    senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By senorfuzzeh

I am hoping that its different...

Hoping to see some futuristic themes in the world Desmond lives in.

Also hoping that it has ben in development for 3 years...

Alot of hope...

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Dylabaloo

@Video_Game_King said:

But just because a game doesn't do that does not make it bad; it simply makes it just as good as the game before it. And what if I hadn't played either of those games? How would you be able to tell me that Assassin's Creed III is a bad game based on its similarities to previous games? Your argument would make no sense.

It's not the mechanics people are buying Revelations for, it's the story. I skipped Revelations after hearing it's quite thin on the meaningful story side. Games should evolve; it makes perfect sense why people would be bored of Revelations. Assassins Creed 1 was new interesting but slightly broken, Assassin's Creed 2 improved on the story; gameplay and visuals, Brotherhood was a smaller step but still significant It included a more fluid combat system and assassin friends while adding to the story. Revelations from what i've seen/heard failed to evolve the formula and add enough to the story. And having a 1 year break in between each game did them no favours in keeping it fresh. I do have high hopes for 3 though, because of it being about Desmond the setting will force gameplay differences.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Dylabaloo said:

@Video_Game_King said:

But just because a game doesn't do that does not make it bad; it simply makes it just as good as the game before it. And what if I hadn't played either of those games? How would you be able to tell me that Assassin's Creed III is a bad game based on its similarities to previous games? Your argument would make no sense.

It's not the mechanics people are buying Revelations for, it's the story.

Nah, it's the mechanics.
    talkingtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By talkingtoast

@AhmadMetallic: I bought Revelations for the story. Was not disappointed.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Dylabaloo

@talkingtoast said:

Maybe I should give it a shot then.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Dylabaloo said:

@talkingtoast said:

Maybe I should give it a shot then.

The mechanics stink
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By mikemcn

Any indication as to when or where it will be set?

The Brotherhood and 2 both put some time into making Desmond more like his killer ancestors, but I can't imagine how they would set a assassins creed game in the present day without it just becoming Splinter Cell.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#58  Edited By spazmaster666

As someone who actually really enjoyed Revelations (despite it not being "as good" as Brotherhood was), I'm definitely looking forward to AC3, though from what I've seen on it, it seems like it will still feature the animus significantly, though I suspect there will also be plenty of Desmond gameplay like what we saw from Brotherhood.

talkingtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By talkingtoast

@Dylabaloo: I certainly recommend it. It did the best job telling a story of all the Assassin's Creed games, in my opinion.

@AhmadMetallic: The mechanics are the same as in Brotherhood, just with the hookblade (GREAT) and the tower defense (mediocre.)

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#60  Edited By Sooperspy

I only played about 2 hours of Revelations. Just like Call of Duty, I'm just getting bored with the franchise. I will most likely play the third AC, but really only because I want to see how the story plays out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.