Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Ugh, can somebody please expain

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

How the fuck you are supposed to get away from the guards? I can't for the life of me figure out what the game wants from me. You have 15 guards chasing you and getting away is proving to be a fucking nightmare. It's an endless chase because there is always more guards no matter where you go, and when you're about to escape, someone always sees you.. Rooftops are a no go because you can't hide there. Connor won't stay in haystacks, and if I hide in a well, someone always comes looking after the other guards are gone. And I who thought the dungeons in the future arc of Tales of Graces f were tedious, well Assassins Creed 3 easily takes the cake. And I even think the game is otherwise pretty good.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I think I just killed them, I don't remember it being an issue.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that's definately the quickest way but it feels so lame man.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

You haven't really needed to actually hide from guards since the first Assassin's Creed. Just kill 'em. The combat is the best part of the game anyway.

But if Connor is just jumping out of haystacks and stuff after getting in them, that means you haven't broken line of sight, and they saw you hide in there. You need to break line of sight first, then hiding pretty much anywhere should do it.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@grissefar: sadly just killing them.... I get what you're saying though. Slaughtering dudes in the street doesn't make me feel much like an assassin. I did find that taking the shortcuts through the houses can cut them off.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What MooseyMcMan said.

I don't recall it being an issue, but maybe I just killed everybody.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I always just ran through every alley I saw and eventually lost them. Also, look out for those open doors.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti

If you really want to hide (and not just kill) then corners are your friend. You don't need to be rooftopping to escape, just run away turn a corner and use any hide spot (hay, well, bench, crowd, high grass, cart) before line of sight on you is reestablished.

Like Moosey said, you're getting out of hay bales because the guards still see you.

If it makes you feel better Connor is a warrior first and foremost and assassin second.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By xyzygy

You need to run away from them but also use the environment. So did you ever notice how there are obstacles on the side of the roads that rise and make a sort of parkour pathway across the windows of a building? Use those. And also use wells. And run through alleys a lot. And use hiding spots, like blending in with the crowd. You can tell if it'll work when the radar turn yellow. If it's red, they are sure to find you when blending or hiding.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I found climbing to the roof and jumping into a haystack to be pretty effective.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Welcome to one of the many issues with AC3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.