Best AC game yet!

• 103 results
BeastMasterDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The quality of the AC games got worse on each game. All the time it feels like they just replaced the old models with new ones and made some clunky animations where the game design is the same. Nothing new and exciting yet.

takayamasama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I beat the game and I just wanna say HOLY SHIT

It's such a fascinating ending and I am looking so forward to DLC to expand further on the now-current state of things. I thought Odyssey's ending and DLC were bonkers for the state of the AC Universe, but this takes the cake.

Real fantastic game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By NTM

At this point, AC is about wanting to explore a beautiful environment that takes place in a historic time and place. It's weird because when the first several AC games came out, ending with three (Black Flag was kind of interesting though), I very much wanted to see where the modern time's story went, but now any time I go back to the older ones, I wished there was an option to skip that stuff. That all said, from the little I've heard, it sounds as if Valhalla is encapsulating the events of the entire series, so I am curious how that goes.

Layla Hassan's stuff is okay, but not super engaging. I think to get the most out of AC now, you'd have to be fine with and feel rewarded by exploring every single question mark on the map. Honestly, while it's a lot of repetitive work, it can still be fun and by the time it's done, I look back and feel as though I conquered a lot. I don't think the formula is terrible, you just have to be into it. Also... best played on easy in my opinion. I'm mainly referring to Origins and Odyssey, and most likely Valhalla now.

I don't have this game yet and won't be playing it until I get a new generation console (probably on PS5). My brother got it and he says it's his favorite of the three most recent AC games though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.