Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Franchise »

The Assassin's Creed franchise follows the never-ending, secret war between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order, in various historical settings, told from the perspective of the modern day.

Assassins Creed Revisited Post ACII

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By ztiworoh

I'm currently in between finishing my Mass Effect 2 play through and waiting for my copy of Dragon Age: Origins to get here, so this weekend I decided to go to my backlog of games and make some progress in ones that I'd shelved. Now Assassins Creed was a game I didn't enjoy, for the reasons that many have mentioned - the repetition, pacing, and a combat system that I just never mastered. That said, Assassins Creed II was possibly my favorite game of 2009, so I thought it was time to give it another chance.  

And so I dove into the shoes of Altair once more.... and I found that I liked it much more than before. I still think ACII is an all around better game, but spending so much time with it had allowed me to master the controls, and understand how the game wants me to play in the world. No longer was I bumbling around the city causing fights with each and every guard I came across. I was utilizing the tools in my arsenal to be stealthy and achieve my objectives correctly. 

That said, the game still shows its flaws. The need to walk at a snails pace in order to not arouse suspicion, as well as the lack of variety in the world stand out even more now that I've played its successor. What I missed most was some of the interface elements - most importantly the locations of enemies marked on my HUD and map - something which is arguably even more important to be aware of in the original with its "shoot-on-sight" guards. 

Will I finish the game? Who knows, especially with Dragon Age on my horizon, but this is the first time I've gone back to a game I didn't like after enjoying its sequel and I was happy to see it in a new light after being "trained" by the better of the two games.  

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ztiworoh

I'm currently in between finishing my Mass Effect 2 play through and waiting for my copy of Dragon Age: Origins to get here, so this weekend I decided to go to my backlog of games and make some progress in ones that I'd shelved. Now Assassins Creed was a game I didn't enjoy, for the reasons that many have mentioned - the repetition, pacing, and a combat system that I just never mastered. That said, Assassins Creed II was possibly my favorite game of 2009, so I thought it was time to give it another chance.  

And so I dove into the shoes of Altair once more.... and I found that I liked it much more than before. I still think ACII is an all around better game, but spending so much time with it had allowed me to master the controls, and understand how the game wants me to play in the world. No longer was I bumbling around the city causing fights with each and every guard I came across. I was utilizing the tools in my arsenal to be stealthy and achieve my objectives correctly. 

That said, the game still shows its flaws. The need to walk at a snails pace in order to not arouse suspicion, as well as the lack of variety in the world stand out even more now that I've played its successor. What I missed most was some of the interface elements - most importantly the locations of enemies marked on my HUD and map - something which is arguably even more important to be aware of in the original with its "shoot-on-sight" guards. 

Will I finish the game? Who knows, especially with Dragon Age on my horizon, but this is the first time I've gone back to a game I didn't like after enjoying its sequel and I was happy to see it in a new light after being "trained" by the better of the two games.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.