Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Franchise »

The Assassin's Creed franchise follows the never-ending, secret war between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order, in various historical settings, told from the perspective of the modern day.

New Assassins Creed Confirmed, new setting, new main character.

• 58 results
    Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Bumpton

@believer258 said:

@Chavtheworld

@Bumpton said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Considering they fucked my good faith with ACIII, I sincerely hope this flops hard.

You wouldn't rather it just be an awesome new game? That's a really weird viewpoint... Why would you want bad games?

Because they took my money for a game that still won't run on my machine? Because they've done literally nothing to address the issues with their game that have prevented me for playing more than 3 hours of it? Because I'm never going to buy another game in that franchise again?

@pyrodactyl said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Considering they fucked my good faith with ACIII, I sincerely hope this flops hard.

It won't. You might think we have anything to say regarding AC sales numbers but with 10 million+ games sold, the regular Jo's of the world are the ones that buy this thing in mass and, talking to a few of those guys, they didn't have any problem with AC3.

I know, but one can dream.

They didn't take your money. You gave it to them. You got an inferior product than the one you were promised, but you still gave them money for it.

Yeah, those are all valid reasons to be upset. The point was trying to make though was wouldn't a new, fixed, awesome product be better than just wanting them to burn in a fire and die? To be fair, I've not played the game and if I did, it'd be on my 360 so I likely wouldn't have the same issues. Just playing devil's advocate here.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By ozzdog12

@joshthebear said:

No thanks, I'm good.

Especially after the disappointment of 3

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By granderojo

It's set in the early 1900's Brazil, you're a Japanese immigrant who happens to be a samurai. Fun fact during the early part of the 20th century there was a huge immigration of Japanese into Brazil due to coffee exportation and to this day the largest amount of Japanese living outside Japan continues being Brazil. I could totally see a Japanese dude running around São Paulo in the assassin garb.

São Paulo buildings would be taller than early America but not too big.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By Video_Game_King

Barely anything has been announced, and already, people are finding fault with the very concept.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By Bollard

@believer258 said:

@Chavtheworld

@Bumpton said:

@Chavtheworld said:

You wouldn't rather it just be an awesome new game? That's a really weird viewpoint... Why would you want bad games?

Because they took my money for a game that still won't run on my machine? Because they've done literally nothing to address the issues with their game that have prevented me for playing more than 3 hours of it? Because I'm never going to buy another game in that franchise again?

@pyrodactyl said:

@Chavtheworld said:

It won't. You might think we have anything to say regarding AC sales numbers but with 10 million+ games sold, the regular Jo's of the world are the ones that buy this thing in mass and, talking to a few of those guys, they didn't have any problem with AC3.

I know, but one can dream.

They didn't take your money. You gave it to them. You got an inferior product than the one you were promised, but you still gave them money for it.

No, you misunderstood me: they sold me a product that doesn't work. You know, the part where they promise to deliver something that acts somewhat like a game, rather than a crash to desktop simulator?

If this was a physical product you could damn well expect a refund, but fat chance of that happening. I was sold something that does not in any way match the description of the product, and that's robbery.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/consumer_goods_are_not_as_described_e/goods_dont_match_description.htm

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Ravenlight

Setting is not Space or feudal Asia? Not interested.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By Klei

The lack of Connor bums me. To me, AC3 clearly had the best setting, engine and ideas. It just lacked entertaining missions. I really liked the package, and think it to be one of the best AC games of the bunch. I don't mind another AC, since they're well-made, intelligent games unlike some others, but I'd like it if they could finally bring some relevancy with Desmond. He's useless, his parts are useless and his scooby-doo band are useless.

jjm494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By jjm494

I actually returned AC III unopened for Far Cry 3 after hearing from people I know, and the bomb squad, how much of a let down this game was.

In regards to them pumping out another one so quick, I'm not angry just sad. I've enjoyed every game in this series, including Revelations, and after finding out what let down the latest one turned out to be, I really wish Ubisoft would give this series a break and let it catch its break.

How are they going to generate a new setting in one year? Have they had another team working on the follow up during AC three's last year of development or are they going use assets from other games?

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I wonder whether enemies will still queue to attack you.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamjohn said:

@joshthebear said:

No thanks, I'm good.

Yup. Assassin's Creed III told me everything I need to know.

This ^^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.