Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Franchise »

The Assassin's Creed franchise follows the never-ending, secret war between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order, in various historical settings, told from the perspective of the modern day.

Rumour: 2014 to have 2 "new" AC games; i.e. 1 on ng, 1 on cg

• 70 results
    Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

As well as Assassin's Creed Liberation HD on both current gen platforms, coming out in January, yea. One would be next-gen exclusive, and one would be current-gen exclusive.

Contacting sources familiar with these projects, it has come to fruition that Ubisoft has two Assassin's Creed titles planned for 2014; one being a next-gen (PlayStation 4/Xbox One) exclusive while the other designated for the current crop of now last-generation consoles (PlayStation 3/Xbox 360).

The source also mentioned that the series is under a massive re-scope, but couldn't elaborate any further. As always, this information is not confirmed by Ubisoft and must be considered rumor for now, so take everything with a grain of salt.

Examiner: Rumor: Current & next-gen only Assassin's Creed titles being developed for 2014

GameSpot: Report: Two Assassin's Creed games coming in 2014, series under "massive re-scope"

neogaf: Rumor: Two Assassin's Creeds in dev for 2014; one for PS4/XB1, one for PS3/360

I just finished AC IV, as well. And uhm, well its better on all accounts than AC III, but I liked III's setting more.

Rumored locations for the next AC game are:

• 13th century Egypt.
    • 14th century Ashikaga Shogunate Japan
    • 18th century French Revolution
    • 19th century Napoleonic War or Taiwan
    • 19th century – American Midwest and New England
    • 20th Century summer of love

Plus, there's also this old supposed Prince of Persia game screenshot, than was supposedly canceled. But then, it sure does correlate a little more with AC here now, huh?

No Caption Provided

Alright so I would like to see Egypt, and Queen Victorian England that also gets mentioned in the pertaining email in AC IV, featured sooner or later.

Thoughts?

Holy shit! That promo image guy is the same fucking guy in the official email thing! :O..

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/9/98500/2581359-7569580533-4-84e2ddacbdad52b7126823580813ac51.jpg%26t%3Dfb51bbdfe8112463223ef04188216033

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My thoughts are that Prince of Persia '08 was a great direction for that series and I want more.

I like the idea of a different next-gen version. NBA 2k14 apparently did that and it seemed to work out.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Too much Ass Creed.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I don't know if Assassin's Creed is currently up for PLEASE STOP since AC4 was actually solid by all accounts but by the sounds of it it'll have the category locked down next year. If this is true which I kind of doubt. Doesn't sound plausible. Are split gen games so shit on both ends that you do two seperate games? Are you doing twice the work while most people will buy only one of them? I don't know. Maybe.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

If one of the new assassin's creeds next year is as good as Black flag, then I'll happily play it. I skipped most of revalations and 3, so I'm having fun with the Ac formula again.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Hunter5024

Man if this turns out to be true then they are not worried about market saturation at all. Which doesn't bode super well for the future of this franchise. They might just give it the Activision treatment: exploit it until it's terrible and everybody's sick of it, keep exploiting it until it stops selling, then unceremoniously drag it out back and put a bullet between it's eyes.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is what happens when we openly say we enjoy a new Assassin's Creed game. We get twice as much the following year. Shame on us...maybe.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what version will the Wii U get ?

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By donchipotle

When does Shao Jun get her own game

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man if this turns out to be true then they are not worried about market saturation at all. Which doesn't bode super well for the future of this franchise. They might just give it the Activision treatment: exploit it until it's terrible and everybody's sick of it, keep exploiting it until it stops selling, then unceremoniously drag it out back and put a bullet between it's eyes.

The AC series has been exploited on a yearly basis since ACII. By them splitting the series into two separate games being released in the same year Ubisoft is outdoing Activision in terms of franchise milking.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh shit... The loophole.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Dude they definitely used art from that cancelled Prince of Persia in AC IV. When you are reading the e-mail between employees about where the next setting could be they used some art with that character with a pyramid in the background.

(EDIT: Oh just saw your spoiler... yeah I noticed that too I guess!)

Either way, just give us a ninja AC game damnit.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

So which one is being made by the ACIII team?

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#14  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

It's current and last gen, not next and current gen. Something can't be next when it's happening currently, that's called... current.

Edit: Also does the PC just get both?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Ubisoft, you had a good run.

Also when do I get to stab some Nazis

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

what are the odds it's another Liberation type game? or how about a continuation of this whole Kenway family tree?

I don't know man, Ubisoft loves to experiment just recently they mentioned Watchdogs was a Driver game and before there was that leaked parqour Beyond Good and Evil clip. This could be a AC technical demo but then they decide to mix it in with Prince of Persia or Rayman. Also, these AC games just get more and more different on each one, remember the tower defence and the whole puzzle platformer in Revelations? And then they never returned?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt there will be ever a Wii U version again since these games bombed like crazy on the Wii U.

Personally I am totally fine with it since they can actually make use of the new power and Technics beside a graphical upgrade.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By stryker1121

Summer of Love, really? You have to infiltrate Woodstock and kill Templar leader Jimi Hendrix.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hailinel

@darji said:

@jimmyfenix said:

I doubt there will be ever a Wii U version again since these games bombed like crazy on the Wii U.

And you have the figures to back that up?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Great. They haven't totally burnt the thing into a hollow shell of what it once was yet. Might as well milk it totally fucking dry instead of pacing it and making the franchise something actually meaningful in the long run.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Darji
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I'm done with the series until ACVI. Even numbers seem to be working out for me just enough that I get sick of them.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andorski said:

@hunter5024 said:

The AC series has been exploited on a yearly basis since ACII. By them splitting the series into two separate games being released in the same year Ubisoft is outdoing Activision in terms of franchise milking.

I don't know, I think Guitar Hero got to two games a year at least.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: Of course you cite an IGN thread emphasizing Nintendo's doom and not the actual thread the information was pulled from for that thread.

produceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wii U, Xbox One, and Playstation 4 are all out now. Next gen is offically current gen. lol I know Im not contributing to the discussion, but that annoys me

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Darji

@hailinel said:

@darji: Of course you cite an IGN thread emphasizing Nintendo's doom and not the actual thread the information was pulled from for that thread.

If you would have read the post you would have seen, that this is taken from the Neogaf NPD thread which is also linked to that. But hey I had no doubts you would deny this at all so everything is like normal I guess. These are the facts if you do accept them or not is not my concern.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hailinel

@darji: No. You could have just cited the original source and not that IGN silliness. Same stats, different, generally more level conversation. But of course you'd never pass up an opportunity to shit on Nintendo, so here we are. And I'm bowing out of this before VGK comes along with another SpongeBob video.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy: This is my real concern. #Bringbackwesker. #WeskerforRE7

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@csl316 said:

My thoughts are that Prince of Persia '08 was a great direction for that series and I want more.

I like the idea of a different next-gen version. NBA 2k14 apparently did that and it seemed to work out.

POP 08 is a beautiful looking game, but it actually shares a lot of the problems of AC1, repetitive actions and an overly demanding collecting mechanic necessitive for progression.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AlexGBRO

well they will reveal this game some time soon after the end of all the dlc and after that HD version of the vita game comes out i imagine before pax could be the reveal i don't remember when AC4 was reaveled it after sony's

This sounds to me that there could be 2 diferent game one could be just an Avaline Story and the next-gen will be AC5

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As it stands right now Assassin's Creed still being a thing surprised me, however this will surely be a surefire why to kill the franchise and I doubt Ubisoft is dumb enough to try it.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As much as I enjoyed AC4, I think I've finally had my fill of climbing up buildings and leaping into haystacks.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The WiiU doesn't get games. Come on.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"For a while we had three teams working on Assassin’s Creed III, Assassin’s Creed IV, and Assassin’s Creed: Revelations. It’s a lot of resources. We can’t do two Assassin’s Creed games a year"

- Tony Key, senior VP of sales and marketing, Ubisoft. Speaking to IGN in June 2013.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

I loved the self-contained story as it was. I did not play the epilogue, but that's enough Prince of Persia 2008 for me. It will forever have a special place in my heart and I do not want new games set in that world to taint that impression.

On an unrelated note, I liked the ending way more than that of The Last of Us *wink*.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubisoft did this with Splinter Cell at the beginning of the current gen. Where they fucked up though is that they put Ubisoft Shanghai on the 360 version and Ubisoft Montreal on the OG Xbox. Dumb dumb dumb move.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By BBAlpert

@donchipotle said:

When does Shao Jun get her own game

Good question. That's what I'd figure they'd go with for a next game.

Edit: I just had a great/fucking stupid idea. John de Lancie reprises his role of William Miles, and the game tells the story of how Assassin Mentor Gene Roddenberry writes William into his sci-fi TV show as a recurring side character named "U" in order to spy on Templar Grand Master Jonathan Frakes. Matt Jefferies (the art director whose name was referenced with the "Jefferies tubes" on the ships) is the guy that builds and upgrades William's blade and gadgets.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: oh man what if they did an assassin's creed game in the awesome art style of pop 08

r3d_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By r3d_zombie
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#41  Edited By Soap

Next gen assassins creed!? But I only just bought the PS4! Which is the current gen!

Oh cruel fates why?! Unless of course you are talking about them releasing on the current generation and the previous generation, that I can understand.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch_Dogs and Watch_Dogs 2?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soap said:

Next gen assassins creed!? But I only just bought the PS4! Which is the current gen!

Oh cruel fates why?! Unless of course you are talking about them releasing on the current generation and the previous generation, that I can understand.

Stop. Just stop. Nobody will stop calling the PS4 next-gen until this time next year. By that point the new shine will have worn off and we'll have plenty of next-gen games to play.

I mean Christ. The PS4 is barely older than a month.

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd complain but I play like every one of these things. Im totally fine with one a year, it doesnt feel like a Madden or COD thing, it feels like they put 5 times as many people on a project as most developers to finsih something that should take 4 years in one. But essentially 3 next year is a bit much unless they're splitting the series, as they should, into "here the promise of the original game, your assassin in whatever ancient location and fuck any relevance to the other story" and "here's the main story".

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

@soap said:

Stop. Just stop. Nobody will stop calling the PS4 next-gen until this time next year. By that point the new shine will have worn off and we'll have plenty of next-gen games to play.

I mean Christ. The PS4 is barely older than a month.

It's out, that's all the counts. I'm just trying to avoid the same situation we had last generation of calling the ps3 and Xbox 360 'next gen' until about the 4th year.

kadaju86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Revelations I have to admit I was just extremely fatigued by the AC formula (didn't even finish that game), bought AC3, but haven't played it yet despite getting it around when it launched. And AC4 I'm waiting to get when I finally get a next gen console (for me it actually is next gen since neither of the two machines have launched in Japan yet :P).

Saying all that though, getting two of them in one year will be too much for me to care at least. Barely able to muster up any excitement at all about the franchise as is already.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Next AC game I buy will either have boats in it or be in Japan. Until then I'll just wait it out.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure why people are complaining about this. It's a good thing and say what you want but this goes against the idea of milking the franchise. It's not smart financially for Ubisoft. The best way to the dollars is to have one team making one game and then scaling it up and down as needed. By having two distinct teams working with specific specs in mind will lead to better games. The only way Ubisoft wins is if both games are so phenomenal that people want to buy both and in that case we win as well.

KidDynamo04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if Assassin's Creed is currently up for PLEASE STOP since AC4 was actually solid by all accounts but by the sounds of it it'll have the category locked down next year. If this is true which I kind of doubt. Doesn't sound plausible. Are split gen games so shit on both ends that you do two seperate games? Are you doing twice the work while most people will buy only one of them? I don't know. Maybe.

I don't think one solid game is a plea for more the next year. No other entertainment property does stuff like that. I, personally, have no desire for serialized videogames. There used to be an assumption, back in the day, that a new game in a series meant the developers had an entirely new take on it. Castlevania 2, Zelda 2, and Super Mario 2 US were barely the same games as the previous versions.

Now there is an assumption that games are going to come out every year and developers have to try to come up with some gimmick to make them worth buying. It's just a horrible way to do business.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@themangalist: See, I was content until I played the epilogue. It leaves it open for more that may never come, so you probably made the right choice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.