Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Franchise »

The Assassin's Creed franchise follows the never-ending, secret war between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order, in various historical settings, told from the perspective of the modern day.

Which Game is chronologically Next?

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Spence_5060

I am going to buy Assassin's Creed Unity and Assassin's Creed Rogue, but the story is important to me. Which game, if either is next in the story line? Which should be played first? I am mainly talking about the story line in the present day.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't know about the present day, but apparently Rogue serves as a prequel to the past events in Unity, from what I've heard.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zella

Pretty sure Unity is the farthest chronologically in the franchise. For the recent games it goes:

Black Flag then Rogue (I think, it may have some cross over with 3. Not picking it up until the PC version comes out), followed by 3 and then finally Unity.

Edit: Didn't notice the present day bit. In that case I don't know for sure cause I haven't gotten Rogue yet but I would bet that Unity would be farther along the story or at least more important to the current day story as it is the big next gen release while Rogue is last gen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.