Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

Assassin's Creed is a stealth action-adventure game developed by Ubisoft Montreal. In the year 2012, Desmond Miles is kidnapped and made to relive his ancestor's memory through a machine called the Animus. As the ancestor, Altaïr, players unveil an assassin conspiracy set in the middle ages.

Assassin's Creed sob story :(

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Nate

I got this game a few months ago, and I'm liking it quite a bit. Beautiful game, beautiful cities, it really looks great!
    However, I recently lost my save game data for the second time. The first time I lost it I was about halfway through the game. The second time I was on the last mission!!!!! I'm so pissed and don't really feel like starting over AGAIN.  Anyone else have this issue? The problem was at a couple times when it usually saves (after you climb a tower, complete a mission, find a flag, etc.) it said "unable to save" or something to that effect.  Now it just says - save game file corrupted.
    Is this a problem with my hard drive you think? I do have the Best Buy replacement plan, so maybe I should try to get a new hard drive. It would be free. Then again, if I did that I'd lose my save game data for my other games.  Advice or sympathy are welcome.  :)

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PureRok

If this is on the PC version is this not uncommon.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Man, I dont know how you could stomach that much A-Creed.

It could be a hard drive issue.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nate

Nope - it's the 360 version.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Hmmm...did you try the usual stuff? Clearing the cache and whatnot?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

TheGTAvaccine said:
    "Man, I dont know how you could stomach that much A-Creed.

It could be a hard drive issue."
    BOOOOO. 

I <3 Assassin's Creed. 

Anywho, I definitely think there's a problem with the hard drive.  You might want to try to research online and see if anyone else has reported a similar problem before deciding what to do next, though.
    Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nate

I just tried clearing the cache and that didn't work. Now the question is- do I trade in my hard drive and lose all my save game data? I suppose now would be a good time to do that considering the only game I'm really "in the middle of" of is Mass Effect. I'm also at the very end of Skate (last competition). Maybe I should quick try to beat that and then go trade in for a new hard drive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.